Universal SHADOWGUN (by MADFINGER Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by The Bat Outta Hell, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    They said a few pages back they're looking into this and the crashing issues some people are having.

2. TheEvilNoob

TheEvilNoob Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2010
    Noob assassinator
    My evil lair
    That ^

It believes that the light trap thing is on but it isn't and if you shoot the switch it turns on so we are trapped lol. Stupid crash after that level ended :(

3. RebornProphet

RebornProphet Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    If you walk into a wall either side of a door, the character should go into cover the same as he does when you walk flush into a barrier when enemies are near.

I'm not talking brushing past door frames or hitting off walls in corridors. I'm talking about a conscious effort to walk into the wall either side of doors.

4. 5duc29

5duc29 Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    I wasn't expecting much since the Samurai games kind of disappointed me but so far so good.

I have levels 1-4 done but I didn't get the achievements for levels 1 and 2 :confused: 3 and 4 are achieved.

Since some people are having problems with the driller level... I can assume it is fine for me since I am playing the next level?

5. gwet17

gwet17 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Cool, there are already 30 pages, sorry I didn't get a chance to read them all. ;) In the mean time, time to restart the campaign. :) or :(?

6. JMarceLF

JMarceLF Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    CHEF
    California
    I have been experiencing bugs while multitaskng. If the game is paused and i open a different app on the fly or if I simply reply or view a text, sometimes upon resuming the game it will put me in a loading screen and return me to the title screen and all progress gets erased.

7. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    #327 syntheticvoid, Sep 28, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2011
    someone (sorry can't remember who) a couple pages back said that they would love to see grenades, and a dodge button... I can't tell you how many times I've quickly looked for these, only to, again, quickly, realize that there weren't any...

I can't remember if this was said or not as well, but I would also LOVE to see a melee attack. There have been more than a few times where I ended up right in front of an enemy, and had to back up before my bullets would do any damage, for some reason, they would go right through the characters if I was too close to them... =o/

Other than that... totally enjoying this one!

**edit**

phew... also, just made it past the drill section... I was hoping I wouldn't have the same problem as others right here... not trying to brag at all, it totally sucks that you guys are experiencing a bug here...

8. scubi

scubi Active Member

Oct 12, 2008
    Great game needs a little more...

After a few hours of playing this game I can honestly say it is great.
    Not awesome, great.

Few things I would like to see. More weapons! MY god, I have picked up the shotgun like 4 or 5 times after a few hours. Either lower the number of chances to get weapons or add more. It's frustrating to find a weapon crate thinking.. What's next?!?! only to be presented with something you already have and, in real life, would leave in the crate.

Grenades, Dodging, and Melee. These are a MUST! It's been said over and over on this forum that it is needed. If you are going to Copy the GoW formula then do it all the way and include the visceral joy we get from either bludgeoning the enemy or cutting them up with the chainsaw on the end of the gun.

Does it REALLY run at 60fps on the iPad2? It seems a bit jumpy at times... But don't get me wrong, 90% of the time it runs awesomely.

Haven't finished it yet, but I am enjoying the story and the (somewhat limited as compared to GoW) gameplay. Having not finished it, I wonder how many different types of Monsters there are. So far not a huge selection but this is a complaint that I have with most games so just ignore that gripe.

Overall 4.5 out of 5 stars only due to the things that are lacking (As stated by myself as well as many others who have bought the game). Add in Grenades and Melee and we have yet another reason (in addition to the multiple endings (Awesome by the way)) to replay it.

Thank you for a great game. I can't wait to show it off to my friends and co-workers to give them yet another reason to be jealous of my iPad2.

Warm regards! :)

9. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Just got it and it looks amazing, Gameloft is gonna have some heat on them unless they step up to make their games look at least as good as Modern Combat 3.

Combat is very smooth, but I immediately missed having a run button, there are times when you spot enemies and want to roadie run to the next cover rather than slowly trot towards it. A roll/ dodge mechanic would be nice also.

10. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
  11. dinoeggs777

dinoeggs777 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2011
    To be honest, I don't think this game has lived up to it's hype. I would have to agree with ign here. The graphics are definitely amazing, and tr gameplay is quite smooth and is probably better game "technically" than say modern combat 2. But for some reason, I don't find it quite as fun as MC2. Don't get me wrong, I'm having fun with it, but not as much fun as I thought I would have. So basically, it's a great game, and is well worth the 8 bucks, but it doesn't quite live up to the gigantic amount of hype it has been given.

12. TouchFFF

TouchFFF New Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Awesome game!
    But one problem... I complete Level 3 but no Achievement. I complete it one another time, no Achievement. Can MadFinger fix this?

13. inundated

inundated Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Sydney, AUS
    I found a solution to the drilling machine spontaneous death bug thingy:

1 - Shoot the green target from behind. It takes quite precise aiming, just wait until ye crosshair's red.
    2 - The laser will activate, shoot the target again.
    3 - It'll look like the laser is still active, yet it's really deactivated.

Proceed as normal!

14. bagofeyes

bagofeyes Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2011
    Australia
    Damn, i already restarted the game

15. robyleyes

robyleyes Member

Sep 22, 2010
    to all having the drill bug

to everybody having the drill bug...

the solution until we get a patch update or a real fix... is not to die, if you are in this area and die you have to restart the whole game, replaying level 3 does not work, that checkpoint is the bug..

all you have to do is shoot all the targets get the keycard and run back shooting all the targets again once you pass them back to hurt the drill..

I restarted the game didnt die and get pass the drill just fine...

thank you madfinger for this great game!! but please do the update with the fix... dogde/run button and granades would be awesome!

16. rocity

rocity Member

Sep 19, 2011
    Student Researcher/Founding Partner of Phoolish Ga
    CA
    holy moly...may have to buy...but price seems steep for this platform.

17. AmpliHelix

AmpliHelix Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    East Coast, USA
    that's exactly what i'm thinking too.

18. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Y'know, there's a grenade gun...?

19. Rain1dog

Rain1dog Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010
    I'm glad I held off. I want very much to play this game but I don't want the expierence ruined by random bugs and crashes. This game looks like a dead space... A true gaming experience on a phone. I'll wait for a few updates, but will indeed buy this one.