Universal SHADOWGUN (by MADFINGER Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by The Bat Outta Hell, Sep 28, 2011.

1. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Other languages?

I really love the game (but I think it's too short), but I am not English. Will ShadowGun have other languages ​​available?

2. ianval

ianval Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Awesome game, agreed. But I just want all screen swiping view like (not TPS, but they count): Modern Combat 2, BIA2, etc.. or just a 9mm control scheme. Not only the right side.

3. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    ^^^ agreed...

I can't tell you how many times I've started a swipe on the left side of the screen, making the character move instead of moving the sight...

4. VisceriousZERO

VisceriousZERO Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2010
    excitement overwhelming.

5. Hai5

Hai5 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    Hey madfinger, is it possible to assign the volume button as fire button? I find iPhone FPS or TPS all have the same problem, can't aim well while shooting. Yes you can aim while shooting but on iPhone the limited touch space made it hard to do so. Even if you add 3 finger touch still on iPhone it's hard. I always wonder wouldn't it be great if we can use the volume button to fire while holding thumbs for movement and aiming?

6. r2ks8x

r2ks8x Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2011
    Shadowgun is iPad game of the week check it out :D

7. injuwarrior

injuwarrior Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2011
    USA
    Apple does not allow thrid part devs to use the buttons like that (or at all) I think.

Anyway, just bought and excited to get what might be a good lead runner for GOY.

Also, why is this Game of the Week by apple already. Great job and extrememly well deserved, and I hope it is a GOY feature for all of this and next week as well.

8. Leegames

Leegames Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Ex. game journalist and EiC now PR
    Denmark
    Spent half an hour at the last boss. Finally got him ...almost, then the game crashed.

For the 16-17th time. Ipad 2, non jailbroken, restarted after install.

Honestly everytime a great release is coming up, I see it get killed by game breaking bugs. Dungeon Defender and Hunters: Episode One springs to mind. Lots of happy entusiastic customers scared away by game breaking bugs.

Is betatesters these days in it for a free game, with no interest in actually beta testing? Or what happens?

It's definitely something that will cost customers and in the end companies, if stuff like that isnt adressed.

It's not even like the crash is hard to get to happen. It happens abrandom places after a bit of playtime.

I still think the game is amazing. But it's such a pain to have to endure the crashes, especially when at such a tough boss.

9. zippoz

zippoz Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2011
    Just beat the last boss, man that was a tough son of a bitch xD
    Great game, a little short and i had some issues with it but overall worth the price :D
    8/10

10. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    GOTW on iTunes before the new releases are even out. Now that's the shit. Congrats MFG! Well-deserved.

11. PureSkill

PureSkill Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    We will see...
    Flour Bluff
    The beta testers did their jobs. There were alot more bugs before launch, trust me.
    All bugs mentioned here were found and reported during the beta, but there was no way to fix all of the bugs and make the launch date.

I know, I too would like for all bugs to be fixed before launch, but a lot of times, that is just not realistic.
    There are a lot more games launched with bugs then there are ones that are launched without bugs.

MadFingerGames did and are still doing all they can to fix the bugs so cut them some slack. The bugs will be addressed.

12. sticktron

sticktron Well-Known Member

Simply Amazing. The second real console-quality (non-sports) game, alongside Dead Space.

Two quick suggestions for the Devs:
    1) PLEASE let us turn off the music
    2) in fixed-dpad mode, make the entire remaining area the swipe-to-look region (this would allow us to use our left thumb to aim before our right thumb shoots)

Otherwise the controls are spot-on, the look speed is fast and fluid, and the cover mechanic is perfectly executed.

13. caltab

caltab Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2010
    When I pay a premium price for a game I expect a polished product, not one that crashes at least a dozen times. I suspect most of the overwhelming positive comments on here are from people who have not played the game long enough to experience all the crashes. They are incredibly frustrating and compounded by pretty long load times. I personally expect more from a game with this kind of price tag. If it wasn't ready and they knew it had bugs(which your post suggests), they should have held off on releasing it.

14. sticktron

sticktron Well-Known Member

Also I'm using this control layout and it's working brilliantly: I have much more room for my right thumb to look around.

[​IMG]

15. RaptorF35

RaptorF35 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Computer Technician
    On a Motherboard
    #27 on the app store and #13 in top grossing on the iPhone app store. Grats!

Don't spend all the money in one place madfinger :)

16. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    #316 backtothis, Sep 28, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2011
    Already 17 on the paid games chart and was featured as iTunes GOTW just an hour or so ago. This shit is going to be top 10 by tonight for paid games. It's the first time Apple has ever decided their GOTW on a Wednesday before the new releases were even out.

Edit: I still remember when Samurai first came out, and I was complaining about how I finished the game in 45 minutes on hard mode and that MFG's claims that the game was the length of a good movie was a lie xP. They've come a long way.

17. RebornProphet

RebornProphet Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    No it isn't, sadly.

You only seem to be able to take cover against certain obstacles and when an enemy is nearby. Why can't I take cover against the wall or a pillar at will? Before entering a room or area, why can't I take cover against the wall beside a door and peer round to view enemies?

It's all very circumstantial how cover is initiated.

18. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    #318 Echoseven, Sep 28, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2011
    The thing is, you are not paying a premium price. This exact same game on steam would fetch at least ~15 bucks and people would buy it!

I played through the game almost twice now and haven't experienced any of your problems.

I don't think that's what he meant in that post (about bugs) - I'm sure you have heard of Blizzard and World of Warcraft. To date, they haven't had a single bug-free patch/launch. You can't deny that they have comparatively limitless resources, and yet they still have bugs. Why? Because it's impossible to have large scale testing during development, once a game is released en masse all sorts of unforeseen bugs crop up. It's to be expected and Madfinger already said they're looking into it.

Can you imagine snapping into cover every time you brush past a wall? All the corridors? You'd never get into any of the doors! I like it this way, and I can peek around corners just fine...

19. bagofeyes

bagofeyes Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2011
    Australia
    Gahhhh im stuck at the checkpoint where the drilling machine comes out. If i move backwards i die instantly. But there is nothing there! Strange bug. Do i have to restart the whole game? Really annoying

20. gwet17

gwet17 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    I get killed immediately after starting to run from the drill. :( Yes, it's a bug, not a lack of skill on my part.
    iPod Touch 4G, not jailbroken, refurb. It's be great if you can do some detective work when you get the chance, Madfinger. Sorry if someone already mentioned this bug.
    It looks like I'll have to restart the entire campaign. :(

Edit: Someone mentioned the same bug as I was posting. Whoops.