SHADOWGUN - by MADFINGER Games [Releasing on 28/Sept]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by MadFingerGames, May 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GasparZizou

GasparZizou Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2010
    MKT student, intern in an advertising agency.
    Guadalajara
    i think iPhone 4 can handle it without much downgrade.

2. kugi_igi

kugi_igi Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Punturin
    Now look at that! I tell you,future of Console? it's those little devices we call phone or slate ;)

3. GasparZizou

Dec 30, 2010
    Guadalajara
    they have an ipad in the back, so i take it for granted now :)

4. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Not really. When you, as a game developer, can still sell 3-5 million units of a console game for 59.99 a piece, but can barely sell a iOS game for above 2.99, it's pretty obvious where the industry is going to lend its support. There's no future in smartphones and tablets as primary gaming devices unless hardcore gamers are willing to support these platforms with their pocket books. There's no evidence to suggest that will ever happen. There's no evidence to suggest that iOS owners are willing to pay even 19.99 for high-end games, much less 39.99, like with the 3DS, or 59.99, like with the 360 or Ps3.

5. Black Hive Media

Black Hive Media Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2009
    I'm sure I and many others would pay $30 for a Halo: Combat Evolved remake on iOS, lol. :p

6. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Looks good but it shouldn't require 3 or 4 separate swipes to turn 90 degrees. Ideally it should be possible to turn at least 90 degrees without taking your finger off the screen. I hope there's a sensitivity slider.

7. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    The list of console game that sold 3+ mil last year is very, very short. In fact, most publishers and developers posted losses all of last year, with the bulk of sales going to a very select number of titles. Over a dozen studios have closed or have been merged over the last 16 months. There's even serious talk of publishing giant Square Enix's going out of business. In other words, the console world itself isn't all too healthy either, regardless of how much core gamers are willing to pay for titles.

More and more, the console market is resembling the movie business, with publishers placing larger and larger bets on a smaller and smaller numbers of blockbuster titles, with mid-level offerings disappearing from the list altogether. And that's where I see tablets and handhelds having a role -- they provide a ready and inexpesive market for mid-list titles, with a business model based on rapid development, cheap prices, and alternative revenue streams. You already see this in the PC market, with more and more titles going free-to-play and Steam reporting that the bulk of proceeds for many games coming with 85% off bundle sales. In that context, you may likely see tablets and handhelds taking a big role in the future of gaming.

8. MadFingerGames

MadFingerGames Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2009
    Brno, Czech Rep.
    No worries, controls will be polished as much as possible.. We love our games and play them a lot..

9. Whiteplayer3d

Whiteplayer3d Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2010
    Czech Republic
    Please some screenshots from iOS :(

10. Noman

Noman Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Since this game is being built for ipad, would it be safe to assume it will run on a 4th generation ipod touch as well?

11. GasparZizou

Dec 30, 2010
    Guadalajara
    in MC2 i can turn almost 360º with one swipe without loosing precision at all, i'm guessing sensitivity will be adjustable

12. Taytay

Taytay Well-Known Member

May 26, 2011
    Dear madfinger -all I ask is that the levels be long and realistic and most of all please I hope the A.I be as intelligent as possible I hate shooter games where the enemy allows himself to be shoot and killed like an idiot it really kills the fun factor ,also I'm a military man myself and was wondering what kind of health bar system will u be using personally I don't like the health bar that reset back to full health if u don't get hit for a few seconds cause everyone knows in real life if u get shoot and take cover for a few seconds your still shot your wound doesn't disappear .I would like to see the health system where u have to find rations to heal your health or even better and more realistic no ration at all u have to make it through each level with just the health u have no disrespect to gameloft fps games there good but being a military man I just love more realism in my shooters but the game looks great can't wait hope it lives up to the hype it getting or at least close to it

13. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

From the video they look just like how I want them to be (controll scheme wise.) But the important part is the right sensivity and the controlls have to be as responsive as possible.

14. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Please include robust customization and sensitivity options. Gotta be better than Gameloft.

15. kileriukaslektuviukas

kileriukaslektuviukas Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Lithuania
    Don't forget regular android devices! (almost every android device can run tegra 2 games with special drivers)

16. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    After seeing the video, I totally can't wait to get my fifth gen device! This is going to be EPIC!

17. gwet17

gwet17 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    That's two...

18. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

The avrage iOS gamer who only looks at the iTunes top 25 games list most likely agrees with the last quote... :/ I can't change how things are. :(

19. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

If nobody tries, we won't be able to know that. I think that it would work with proper advertising and a really good gameplay to back it up.

Looking at the videos, the console like quality is really amazing!

20. gwet17

gwet17 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    I know, I was just kidding. Even Bumpy Road, a seemingly perfect storm of cuteness and appeal to the primary iOS audience didn't do as well as it could've simply because it wasn't 99 cents. :(