Universal Shadowgate (by Zojoi) [NOW UNIVERSAL!]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Love the retro audio, is there any option to go with retro graphics? As cool as this is, I'd love to be able to play it full on retro mode just as it was on the NES...

2. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Good news I did not read that just downloaded right away and I am on a 5s running the latest version of 9 and not a single issue with it on
    my 5s! Go get it.

3. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    I thought the same thing but there is no retro graphics option. Certain rooms I remember but the graphics to me make it like playing a new game and thats cool too but it would be neat for old times sake to play that way.

4. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    There's supposed to be a retro graphics mode in as well, but I have no clue where it is. It's supposed to be under the rest of the ones in settings as "Graphics". Still, when that gets added in, don't expect to have the NES graphics. It's just the modern art but pixelized.

5. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    Cool thanks for the info. I love the new graphics but with the chip tune soundtrack and especially the old control method.

6. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Yeah, I don't think I'll ever play this remake without the NES soundtrack. It's bloody timeless. :) As for the controls, yeah, considering how tiny things are on the iPhone, the old controls are a much better fit.

7. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    #47 Dailon80, Dec 19, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2015
    I didn't even read the compatibility and so I'm playing it on 5s and didn't realize it was for 6/6s but no crashes and it plays clean to me. Sometimes I may have to touch something a couple times if it's a little small but worth it anyway.
    Exactly that wheel might for work for tablet but even then I would use the classic controls.
    This is to me was always my fav game in the point and click adventure game genre and it also made me able to appreciate the genre over the years.
    This and castlevania II Dracula level were my fav NES sounds.
    I haven't played it in years and I was shocked at how much I've been able to remember :)

8. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Oh yeah, the game is CLEARLY supposed to be played on a larger screen. There's absolutely no doubt Zojoi were right in releasing it as an iPad Only app for the sake of the optimal experience, but it's beyond awesome that those who are willing to deal with everything being tiny now get to have it on their iPhones. The game is worth getting into as many hands as possible.

9. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
  10. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    What happened to this game?