Universal Shadowgate (by Zojoi) [NOW UNIVERSAL!]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Alexythimia23

Alexythimia23 Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2012
    OMG PEOPLE!!!! Wtf This game is an absolute beauty! The art is so captivating and immersive with a haunting, and iimpending doom quality to it......why on earth has shaun nit reviewed this?? It boggles the mind! Why is there not a huge deal about this. Im enjoying this so much, so much better then alot of the other games , and on par with the longest journey, and broken sword and yesterday to name a few but this is in its own league because the art is actually creepy and amazing. Reminds me of this programme i watched as a kid in the uk called Knightmares, where you would put a helmet on and you would be in a scary world of demons and monsters with your friends fuiding you.....only this you are alone to face this dark place. So Happy i found a gem, this is 100% worth getting, you cant go wrong for the content you get.....just wow!

2. Alexythimia23

Dec 26, 2012
    Thought this thread wud have a lot more content from gamers! Is no one enjoying this?

3. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    If I had to guess its the iPad only thing hurting this.

4. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Yeah, I'd say so too. I loved the game on NES and this very remake on PC, but I have absolutely no desire to buy it for my iPad since I can't even remember the last time I touched that thing. I'd love to have it on iPhone.

5. Alexythimia23

Dec 26, 2012
    I went the other way, after gaming on the iphone so long, that once i went tablet i cudnt go back. But i do all my gaming in bed so the tablet is the only way to get the most immersion out my games now. But thats a shame that its not universal if thats whats keeping people playing this. Its a gem on any platform, but each their own. Personally loved this game and the artwork is fantastic.

6. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Can I play this on my new iPad pro?

7. Alexythimia23

Dec 26, 2012
    Oh man, im so jealous u got the pro! I bet its one hell of an experience gaming with that thing, and im sure ot wud look epic ✌#️

8. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    I hate when this thread pops up since I really enjoyed this game back in the day but no phone support means no go for me. I have to click on it when it pops up because I keep hoping I will see that it has updated for phone support And again I am let down.

9. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Gets me too. Get excited, then see it's still iPad only. :(

10. IOSgamer1980

IOSgamer1980 Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2015
    Add me to the iPhone chorus. I'd buy them all if I could play them on my phone. Shadowgate NES is my childhood.

11. TrencH

TrencH Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Mar 29, 2013
    As of right now you can!

12. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    Are you f&&King serious
    Merry Christmas to all and all a bad a&& night if so going to check now!

Thank you so much for posting that
    It is on phones downloading it now!!!

13. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    You just made my day. :D Already downloading.

14. IOSgamer1980

Nov 6, 2015
    The game description and update notes are like, "You got universal, but you should reeeeally play on a iPad!" :)

15. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    #35 Dailon80, Dec 18, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2015
    F$&k an iPad :) I can buy one today but I hate the big bulky piece of crap. There are better tablet brands but like I said I prefer something smaller to game on. If I want a bigger screen I will turn on an Xbox one which is about the same price as an iPad which shows you how ridiculously over priced they are.
    On the go game play iPhone is the best for me. I do have an Amazon Fire tablet and The only thing I use it for is playing KOTOR. My kids use it more than me to play minecraft on.

Now to Shadowgate what can I say many hours spent as a kid on the NES playing this one and so I've got to try the classic Version. So far just played the new version and I'm In awe of how beautiful this game looks. it's almost a diff game even though I can picture what it used to look like. So I'm gone from here now to play the retro so I can remember the layout. Happy gaming to all and all a good night :)

Thought the graphics would be retro too? Oh well still awesome so now I prefer the chip tune soundrack and the old controls and even transitions. Not sure I will go back for a while to the other.

16. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    I've played this more and I love it. I think it's a great version of this game to have and to able to play it anywhere is really cool. Only thing I'm not in love with is the location of the text box and it's hard to maneuver and it's a bit small. That's a very minor thing and I'm getting more used to it anyway. Nostalgia heaven!

17. IOSgamer1980

Nov 6, 2015
    Are you playing on your phone or tablet?

18. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    Phone and so that's prolly why but again it's still all good. Same great game I remember just much better graphics but I'm all in for the chip tune soundtrack love it!
    1980 year I was born :)
    Got this in 89

19. IOSgamer1980

Nov 6, 2015
    Just noticed it says 6/6s. I'm on a 5s. :(

20. Den Den

Den Den Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2014
    Is the game enjoyable for someone who has never played the NES version? Is it an old school point and click adventure?