Universal Shadow Wars: Summon, Battle, Dominate (by PikPok)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Sep 25, 2016.

1. ...Yoda...

...Yoda... Member

Oct 15, 2016
    Playing for a few days now and I kinda like the game!
    Lvl 32 atm and im looking for an active Legion in a day or 2 (wanna stay and see how much ARC I get ;))
    So if your in an active Legion lmk....thx!

2. I've got a syndicate (The Finndicate) that will have a few spaces open very soon! We're currently halfway to level 5, and I'm pretty keen to have it be full of people who are active :)

3. I've started a list here. I've only got my own collection of monsters to get info from at the moment, but I do have most of the available ones. Hopefully I'll be able to get others to help out and fill in the gaps.

4. ...Yoda...

...Yoda... Member

Oct 15, 2016
    Thx for the offer! What lvl are you guys? I just found out that I was top contributor this week in my legion so I got almost 300 ARC...I might stay another week ;) but lets See how it goes

5. Syndicate level is almost at 5 - should only be a day or two til we hit it (which means more arc, yuss). This week our payout was 375ish each.

I've been top contributor every time so far (am at level 50). You should join and try to beat me, hahah :p

6. ...Yoda...

...Yoda... Member

Oct 15, 2016
    Lvl50....nice!
    So everybody gets the same amount of ARC? Thought it would be top guys get more...but hey 1st full week since im playing ;)
    Let me know if u guys have a spot open and ill join...hope its that easy

What happens when your Syndicate got the keys? (The coloured ones...5 diffrent and I think u need like 50)

7. Yep, 10% of the arc then gets split between all the people in the group equally (and at level 5 it's 20%), which is why its best to have a syndicate full of active people. I'm a big ol' nerd and I keep track of when people are levelling up with a spreadsheet, since there's not really any other way to tell if people are playing at the moment.

The keys are for syndicate raids - not too sure exactly what they are, but I think they're being released very soon. We have at least double what we need of each key.

We should have 15 more spots open up VERY soon, I'll post again when we do.

8. ...Yoda...

...Yoda... Member

Oct 15, 2016
    Sounds good! Ill join as soon as u let me know ;)
    Im at lvl37 atm...Starts getting really slow...the lvling

9. Got spaces now! Join us :D

10. PikPok

PikPok Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Wellington
    Hey everyone, sorry, I only just noticed this thread up now - there wasn't one at launch.

Thanks to all those trying out the game and giving great feedback. To respond to a broad topic of discussion in the thread, there are certainly difficulty spikes in the game but they aren't explicitly designed to make people spend so much as to drive people to try deeper and alternate strategies. If you get "stuck", look at the monsters you are bringing into the fight versus the node enemies, not only in terms of element colour but also in the makeup of both your skills and their skills. Also, make sure to player the Daily and Weekly Events to unlock more monsters and artifacts, and to level up your collection. You can win every battle in the single player campaign without spending a dime as mentioned by at least one player in the thread.

If you can't get help here for when you might get stuck on your own, a lot of people are sharing strategies and helping each other on the official Facebook page here https://www.facebook.com/PlayShadowWars/ We are also requesting feedback. answering a lot of questions, and posting stuff like concept art for the game there too if you are interested.

Onto exciting news, but we have a big update that we just rolled out

v1.2
    change notes

● Syndicate Raids: Raid other syndicates to steal their Raw Arc!
    ● Halloween Content: New monsters, artifacts and special offers!
    ● Replay Kit Live support
    ● Stickers
    ● Performance Improvements and bug fixes

Existing players should see a lot of small improvements and fixes to make the overall game better (such as the ability to tap through some animations in battle), but we still want to get your feedback to know where we should prioritise further improvements!

We also have a major 3 week event campaign covering Halloween and the Day of the Dead starting soon, with 3 brand new monsters to capture. This is the first multi week event for the game, so we are excited about how you guys find it.

11. Rhane

Rhane Active Member

Oct 17, 2014
    lvl 5 recruiting

I have a lvl 5 light syndicate called Legion, got a few spots left if anyone wants to join, we accept all levels new or old players.

12. ...Yoda...

...Yoda... Member

Oct 15, 2016
    #52 ...Yoda..., Oct 19, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
    Just joined...whats your ingame Name? There is no lvl50 in this Syndicate

Nevermind! Found you ;)

13. Sabaki

Sabaki Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2012
    Guys, join the Shadow Wars FB page and ask around for good syndicates.

I used to get 350-450 ARC, after joining my new syndicate, I got 2600

14. ...Yoda...

...Yoda... Member

Oct 15, 2016
    2600??? Is everybody in your Syndicate lvl50 and half day on?
    Thats alot

15. Sabaki

Sabaki Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2012
    We have a very dedicated, organized leader who coordinates things. It's cool

We got just short of 4000 ARC this week

16. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    i started playing this, and at stage 10 and after, my monsters get instakilled because they can't instakill the main enemy monster. So from 3 starring i am 1 starring stages 10-11-12, and all my team is knowcked out.

My level is 8, so all my monsters are level 8. Is the the usual -F2P route of barely passing something- grinding - waiting - unless you spend money - starting from stage 10 onwards? I don't have anywhere to even grind and earn xp. At least until level 10 where i hope more modes open.

17. PikPok

PikPok Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Wellington
    Make sure to engage with the daily challenges and weekly events to get more resources and level your monsters. Also, if you are getting stuck, try a different team makeup leveraging different skills and element mix. As people have said earlier in the thread, you can complete the entire (current) single player campaign without spending any money.

If you get stuck, a lot of people are asking for advice on particular nodes and there is general strategy chatter on the official Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/PlayShadowWars/

In other news, we just released an update with a lot of small fixes. The official description of 1.2.1 is "Performance improvements and bug fixes", but to give the community here more insight from our internal developer notices this update includes

Updated character art for Jaime and Faction grunts
    Arc payout screen should now appear when it's payout time
    Limited Time Offer popup should no longer block UI frame and Hamburger menu should be disabled
    Limited Time Offer will also display the artefact gained or shards gained screen should you purchase something that has those items in the bundle
    Alliance Hub and Contributions screens should now be using thousand separators on numbers
    Fixed text on popup when there are no alliances found to be raided
    Can now view monster details in Raid results and Raid defeat screen
    Raid Results screen now no longer displays Obsidian and Credits rewards as 0
    Fixed popup that had missing monster names when you transferred artifacts from one monster to another
    Fixed opponent's passive skill not triggering for every new wave
    Added cascaded resource loading - this should speed up Monster Select and Monster Collection load times
    Fixed issue where no NEXT button was appearing on Shards screen if you were evo-ing to tier 7
    Leave Raid popup now uses correct localisation keys
    Inbox item title now supports non-localised content
    Inbox view link button should now be localised to VISIT PAGE
    Event reward collection popup now updated to support multiple items
    Fixed overlays in Monster Portraits not using the right hierarchy
    Migoi's double-strike should now work properly
    Latest app icons added (werewolf is now brighter looking)
    Fixed low-res settings on Android - it was too aggressive causing stuff to go blurry
    Daily and Weekly event enter popup now have CLOSE buttons
    League number and level cap text should now be fixed on Raid Opponent selection screen

There are a bunch more technical "under the hood" fixes and other small things too, but those will be less immediately obvious to your experience.

Enjoy the new update, and thanks for supporting the game.

18. ramzarules

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    well, i 3 starred them today. All i needed was a good henchman, ie. Stok. That thing is what decimated my team ,so when i found it as a henchman, it was tactical victory after victory :) now to find a guild. If i keep enjoying it i'll spend money as a thank you :)

19. Rhane

Rhane Active Member

Oct 17, 2014
    I have a maxed level light syndicate with a few spots left if you are interested, its called Legion.

20. ramzarules

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    Thanks Rhane, i joined the "everyday" since it is a level 5 green and i have mostly green monsters. But if they're not active i'll switch over to yours :)