Universal Shadow Quest RPG (By Magicindie)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Aug 24, 2016.

1. Lymphocyte

Lymphocyte Member

Mar 20, 2014
    Thank you very much for your response regarding Google login and syncing.

I'm have to echo what others have written here, I'm really enjoying this game.

Regarding the energy, I don't know if it's a bug or not, but when I run out of energy the prompt states that I'm regenerating one energy (stamina) per 320 seconds (which is about right when I timed it). Not a bit deal though as it's easy enough to play a video and waiting for trap timers to expire is the play-limiting factor.

2. carlskie

carlskie Member

Feb 15, 2015
    If only this was available offline this would have been a perfect game on the go.. Gaming + data on iphone = rip battery

3. Shadow Quest RPG

Shadow Quest RPG Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2016
    Thank you for the feedback!
    Yes, unlimited stamina grants you that. You can click all the squares you want =)

4. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    How do I know which stats are best for which characters? Nothing seems to tell me who benefits from Dex, str or int?

5. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    How do you know which are the main stats or secondary stats for each hero? Hard to know who to give gear to stat wise.

6. Egokiller

Egokiller Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2013
    On the camp screen where you select your party, the primary stat for each character will be highlighted in yellow.

7. peterpunk72

peterpunk72 Active Member

Feb 16, 2013
    #47 peterpunk72, Aug 27, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
    Furthermore from the game website:

When a certain stats is main for a unit (the one highlited), it also increases the output (in numbers) of that unit’s damaging and healing abilities.

Stats

Strength (STR) - increases Block chance
    Dexterity (DEX) - increases Evade chance
    Intelligence (INT) - increases Crit chance
    Vitality (VIT) - increases HP and Damage reduction

8. Skuba

Skuba Active Member

Jan 10, 2016
    You can touch on every stats to see a detailed description of what it does and affect in game.
    Also don't forget to read the tool tip that appears during loading screen (or i'm the only one having them? T_T) they give useful information about mechanic as do the heroes when facing Bosses.

For the Devs...

What about easter eggs?? Can you hint something to us?

Also.. i think you should implement on next update an useful AUTO EQUIP for heroes , based on main stats , when you change them on camp.. it could save time even if u have 1 or 2 items to adjust ( Blessing >< Strike for example ).

Also in City Shop isn't clear that there's a drop down menu from which u select what items you wanna buy, it could use some better UI design.

9. kennygstring

kennygstring Member

Mar 22, 2013
    I never even knew this was a thing until I read this! Thanks! Other than that I think the game is great. The ones complaining about the traps, I don't see the complaints. Yes if it's your main stat it can be rough, but even if it is, you can still win a fight. If anything I enjoy the challenge. Great game!

10. RightMeowRi

RightMeowRi New Member

Aug 28, 2016
    Hello! I had a little hiccup happen to me earlier, when I went to purchase more stamina using 100 gems, nothing happened. I clicked it a few more times, still nothing. Then I reloaded the game, and noticed that I had 200 gems less than I started out with. Seems that it took the gems but just wasn't responding. Just wanted to give you a heads up, thanks.

11. Skuba

Skuba Active Member

Jan 10, 2016
    Something similiar happens to me when i want to get the free hourly 50gems while watching the ad.. after that my gem count doesn't update until i restart the game.

12. Rangerlump

Rangerlump Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2010
    Great game, til servers take a dump.

Connecting please wait
    Connecting please wait
    Overwelming force disrupted something
    Press restart to continue
    Repeat X-finity

Bought unlimited stamina earlier but doesnt matter when seever deops in middle of a game

13. Sindaar

Sindaar Member

Feb 19, 2012
    This is a good classic game that tries to survive in a vile, rotten, cashgrab f2p world.
    It relies on gameplay to provide fun, unlike most f2p rpgs, which main objective is raising stats thru endless convoluted systems that rely on hundreds of (purchasable by cash) currencies.
    A clear sign of SQ roots is stamina removal shop item. It basically converts the game to premium, save for ad related boosts. If yu treat diamonds as a purely in game currency , the game is still perfectly playable.

BTW, one hint from me: dont buy all heroes in Hall, I saved all earned diamonds for them and got them all with 2 dungeon runs and purchases, and my 3rd dungeon didnt award me with anything from the final boss - I unlocked all t2 heroes before.

To the dev - consider awarding player with a respective amount of diamonds in such case (like 3/4 of a cost of that tier hero in a hall). Dungeon will not feel pointless then.

14. Enker

Enker Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    Can anyone tell me how to rearrange heroes on the battle grid? I think the game told me once but have forgotten entirely

15. Sindaar

Sindaar Member

Feb 19, 2012
    just drag them around during combat

16. Enker

Enker Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    That doesn't seem to be working for me on an iPhone 5c

17. forsakenxe

forsakenxe Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    Server seem to be down for me as well.

18. Enker

Enker Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    Rebooted - seems to have solved the problem

19. Skuba

Skuba Active Member

Jan 10, 2016
    What's your party at the moment?
    I'm not very satisfied with my all 2* party i would say.. but i don't have much alternatives atm.

I'm using now: The Dwarf, The Arbalester, Alchemist, Despair

20. Shadow Quest RPG

Shadow Quest RPG Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2016

Thanks for such a detailed review!
    You gave us a lot of information to "ingest".
    As gamers we are mainly focused on gameplay but in future we are definitely going to pay more attention to music and graphics.