Universal Shadow Quest RPG (By Magicindie)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Aug 24, 2016.

1. opertuv

opertuv Member

Aug 16, 2016
    Since it kept saying I wasn't authenticated, I uninstalled and reinstalled the game. Lost my progress even though I signed back into Google :/

2. spawn12345

spawn12345 Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2009
    Already getting hard after the 2nd boss and then hero hall opened and I saw there were up to tier 8! 8! Heroes
    Nope, uninstalled

3. dimitry vegas

dimitry vegas Member

Jun 29, 2015
    #23 dimitry vegas, Aug 25, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
    Liking the game from the get-go, didn't take long to purchase the unlimited stamina.
    But then this bug happened (re: image), Hero Hall is still locked even after completion of Chapter IV.
    Possibly caused by the connection problem I had after I killed final boss of Chapter II.
    How do I fix this problem?

Attached Files:

4. Shadow Quest RPG

Shadow Quest RPG Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2016
    We are currently working of a fix. Should be ok with the next update.

5. Shadow Quest RPG

Aug 18, 2016

Hi! We will definitely consider that! We have to consider all of the pros and cons of such an approach.
    Waiting for your feedback =) Have a nice playtime!

6. Shadow Quest RPG

Aug 18, 2016
    Sry for that =( We will do our best to restore your progress. Tell your nickname, pls.

7. Shadow Quest RPG

Aug 18, 2016
    The problem is definitely on our side. What's your nickname? We'll surely fix it.

8. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Pretty much the same here. Tier 8 in itself actually didn't put me off. One look at the insane currency requirements for the stuff you can hire there did.

Sorry, dear ShadowQuest folks: As good and promising as your game looks, I think you royally botched the F2P balance.
    Oh, and whoever on your team thought having decimals in the damage numbers when the starting damage already is triple digits ("you do 124.7 dam") deserves a good spanking :p that's outright moronic.

9. Shadow Quest RPG

Aug 18, 2016

Hiring is not the only way to acuire heroes. You can get any hero for free via gameplay(dungeons).
    Good point on the decimals.

10. Thorster

Thorster Member

Sep 10, 2013
    Germany
    Nice one!

What attracted me was the stunning visuals. Fortunately the story does not develop into the well-known and predicted direction. The visuals are gorgeous and the game itself is most entertaining.

The F2P mechanics seem to be quite fair. You can prevent running dry on energy by buying an all-round carefree package for about 5€.

Greetings from the Old World,

Thorsten

11. Shadow Quest RPG

Aug 18, 2016
    Thank you, Thorster!

12. Lymphocyte

Lymphocyte Member

Mar 20, 2014
    I'm not clear on the point of logging in using a Google account as the game isn't synced across devices. On one of my phones, I'm up to level 20. However, if I install Shadow Quest RPG on my iPad or another phone (all with the same iTunes account) and log in using the same Google account, each device is treated as an independent game. I'm enjoying the game and don't mind playing off of one device, but having it synced would be nice.

13. Shadow Quest RPG

Aug 18, 2016
    The authentication doesn't work properly. We are currently working on that.

14. Blayo

Blayo Active Member

Aug 15, 2015
    The traps in this game are so debilitating. -50% stat for 15 minutes. No way you can play through that. Have to wait it out or use the debuff, which you don't get many of. You can buy them in the store but then you're using your precious stones. What I'm getting at is that those traps suck. And a lot of floors have multiple traps. Other than that I'm really enjoying the game.

Some of the watch video prompts stopped working so I can get double rewards on some quests. The 10 free energy also is "unavailable" now.

15. Jaxal65

Jaxal65 Member

Oct 30, 2014
    Loving the game! But I wish I could play on the commute when I do not have an internet connection.

16. Shadow Quest RPG

Aug 18, 2016

If the trap affects hero's main stat, it is indeed a debilitating trap. But if it's not the main stat, then the trap doesn't affect hero's damage. In that case the trap is pretty insignificant.

We are working on a fix to the video promts issue.

17. skatter14

skatter14 New Member

Jun 5, 2016
    I agree. I actually haven't had to buy the stamina IAP because I just stop playing when I get hit with the trap effects. There is A LOT that is well done in this game, though, well done devs.

18. Shadow Quest RPG

Aug 18, 2016

Thanks!

19. Blayo

Blayo Active Member

Aug 15, 2015
    Agreed. That's my only gripe. My comment sounded negative because I didn't say anything positive. My apologies devs.

Game is super addicting. The strategy is crazy in depth. I like that I don't have to use a tank, so far, and that I can use three damagers and one healer. I'm a f2p guy so it's not like I'm buying power. Seems like you get enough each level to go onto the next, and if you don't you're able to grind previous levels for some extra experience and loot. Well done. Glad there are no timers on making equipment.

Question to devs or anyone who bought unlimited energy. It makes it so unlocking squares on the map doesn't cost anything? I can just click away squares to my heart's content?

20. forsakenxe

forsakenxe Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    So here goes a very good game! Which is free to play... weird? Nope!

Graphics:

I am kind of torn on those. The look nice and the animations are nice BUT some images still seem a bit washed (especially background of battle scenes, zoomed in character pictures, they just feel a little bit low res most of the time and I feel (after playing sacred legends) the UI seems a little bit clunky too look at even though everything works. I feel like animations could be way more flashy and impactful. They feel fine but If i smack my opponent with a 3 charged ability, I want this to look amazing. Maybe this comes with later characters but I somehow doubt it.

4/5

Sound:

Well the music is nice even though it is a little bit repetitive as there is only one tune I think. But it does not get annoying and I played quite some hours. I feel like some sounds of creatures ( e.g. Grunting etc.) are pretty cheap and not appealing. They just feel annoying and even funny sometimes but it's fine overall. The thing about impactful attacks is the same here, I feel there is just so much potential to make combat FEEL way better and impactful. Same for character sounds etc. Also dungeon background sounds feel a little bit quite in comparison (I did not notice them AT ALL without headphones). Overall the sounds work but there is a bit of a "working on a budget" here! - Feel. So I hope if the game gets enough attention this stuff gets improved.

3.5/5

Gameplay

You control a party of 4 heroes with 4 slots to have them in. You have a frontline hero and 2 side heroes plus one back line hero. Your and the enemies abilities change depending on where they are positioned (backline gets different abilities). Also your most sideline heroes cant attack the heroes on the opposing sidelines while back and front can attack all enemies. Your character use abilities and if they used them 3 times you get a special attack which you must use the next turn. The first side that has no heroes left loses.

You explore a dungeon in dungelot style with this party with persistent damage. And you need to defeat the boss to clear it or move to a deeer dungeon (depends on if you play a campaign or a progressively more difficult dungeon (where you can unlock new heroes)).

Hero variety is nice but acquiring new ones get a bit scares but I am content with my team so I have no desire to acquire one at the moment. Leveling them up happens a bit quickly, too so that's nice.

The combat sessions are over pretty quickly but still challenging if you hit a later stage so that's nice. I just feel like the gameplay is nice! It feels good (with minutes from sound/graphic above) and it is fun. There is a bit of tactics in there, too and I feel like the challenge improves slowly so that's nice.

Overall I really like it and come back to it a lot even though there is not much variety. In fact enemy types are repeating quite a bit which I would consider a minutes but it could just be that they are spread out ( i recently encountered new ones but old ones are mixed in a lot).

You have a difficult dungeon wher you can get different characters and you have a campaign mostly for resources for crafting (with schematics you find randomly or from campaign) and equipment. The equipment system is basic but works fine and is a little bit deep. Just enough for mobile I think.

4/5

Payment Model

f2p with Energy timer ... THAT CAN BE PERMANANTLY REMOVED! This says a lot. I really like this... BUT if you do not once you run out of energy you can watch a 30 sec ads for 10 more energy and then you need to wait 10 more minutes for more ads to get 10 more energy. This is WAY to high. I constantly run out of energy and then basically have to wait quite a bit (60+ max energy, 1 point takes 90 seconds to regenerate). I feel like halving the energy regeneration would be much appreciated for f2p players, unless fights take much longer later in the game it should not really affect the game anyways.

There are 24h buffs against coins but you can grind those and there is only one currency. I feel like I really like the payment mode. They have weekly, monthly and yearly passes for currency, too. :)

Overall f2p done right from what I can see after some hours I have done and if you enjoy it removing the energy basically makes it a premium game with a bit/lot? Of grinding. For 5€ I feel like it feels a little expensive but it is one of the only games that offers this so I think it should be applauded.

4/5.

Conclusion

Very good game. I like how it plays, it takes a little bit of figuring out the fighting mechanics but once you do it is super smooth. There is huge potential here and the removal of energy is extremely welcome. Feels like a generous f2p model, too. The only issue I could see is that it could become time intensive to level up new heroes but so far I had no issues. Major downsides are a budget feeling to it (sounds/graphics/interface) and the energy mechanic for f2p players but it is totally fine just not perfect.

3.9/5