1. Rocco SE

Rocco SE Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2020
    Male
    Modern Mime Artist
    Austria
    Hmm, this slight feeling of framing me as the wrong or odd one out here, and that the dev acted fully innocently is seriously rubbing me the wrong way. Just my gut feeling.

So, I‘ll better leave this thread. Will download this game again, purchase the IAP to get rid of the ads. And if I feel a slightest wall implemented around the whole IAP system, I‘ll do the only thing in my power: leaving an honest review.

2. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    The problem is we’ve had so many freemium games with crazy IAP prices and paywalls that when you see another free game I tend to think yeah right here we go again what’s the catch

I can’t stand freemium. Love platformers a ton though and have folders full of platformers. Out of the 100 or so platformers I’ve got on my phone about 1 is freemium. Find it quite rare for a platformers to be freemium and have IAPs.

but to be fair I’ve seen reports on how people get apps and if you had to pay 1 or 2 dollars lots of people won’t take the ‘gamble’ which is crazy. We’ve seen it here where people want 20 opinions before dropping a dollar or two or wait for a price drop.

When it’s free people will give it a go so I can see why the dev made it freemium. Difficult one really

I will buy the remove ads IAP as after hearing from the dev it seems there’s no paywalls. The IAPs are a way for the player to get further ahead quicker by getting coins asap. So far the game oozes quality and I’m enjoying it

djstout likes this.
  3. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    No framing intended. Your perspective is valid and appreciated.

4. Leo Nanfara

Leo Nanfara Member

Jan 17, 2024
    Male
    Unity C# Programmer
    Vaughan, Ontario Canada
    Apologies it wasn't my intention to frame you and i appreciate you expressing your concern on the IAP's. I know many freemium games have pay walls which really rubs players the wrong way, including myself, and personally i don't believe in paywalls and would never take that approach with any of my game projects.

I now need to consider what to do with the live shop...i don't want players getting the wrong idea and assume they have to pay to win or pay to progress.

Thanks again for your input, its been very helpful.

-Leo

5. Leo Nanfara

Leo Nanfara Member

Jan 17, 2024
    Male
    Unity C# Programmer
    Vaughan, Ontario Canada
    I agree with many of your points but there are plenty of free action platformers on the marketplace which have accumulated millions of downloads and have IAP's built in similar to my game so i don't believe the freemium model is dead. I think i just need to do a better job of conveying to player's that the IAP's in my game is entirely optional and is really only beneficial for upgrading the hero's abilities at a faster pace.

Thanks for trying out my game, appreciate it : ]

-Leo

6. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    No worries. Left you a good review in the UK App Store. Cheers.

7. Leo Nanfara

Leo Nanfara Member

Jan 17, 2024
    Male
    Unity C# Programmer
    Vaughan, Ontario Canada
    Awesome, thanks :)