Shadow Guardian by GAMELOFT

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by eXistenT, Nov 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. matrixhunter

matrixhunter Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2010
    i have a feeling is this game is going to be 12 levels no multiplayer like splinter cell :(

2. PhxBangBus602

PhxBangBus602 Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2010
    I have a feeling this game is going to be crap like Splinter Cell.

3. Pacificsun0481

Pacificsun0481 Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2010
    Sacramento, CA
    #83 Pacificsun0481, Nov 24, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2010
    Edited. This was a double post, see one below instead.

4. Pacificsun0481

Jul 10, 2010
    Sacramento, CA
    I hope not. Gameloft is getting better and better, with each release. I remember once the iPad was announced, Gamelofts stated they were going to tailor games specifically using it's hardware, starting with Nova 2.

I believe Nova 2 and Shadow Guardian are being developed with the iPad and 4th gen devices as the lead platforms, while scaling down for lesser hardware. Hence, the significant cleanliness of the titles and better graphical techniques employed.

I don't think Splinter Cell was a part of that. I also wonder if Gameloft might actually listen to design criticism. Spiderman had some core mechanics from Avatar and Hero of Sparta, yet played significantly better.

5. Ipadboy

Ipadboy Well-Known Member

May 19, 2010
    Behind your mother
    Who the **** cares if anybody or even yourself think Gameloft games are crap (I dont). We all know your gonna buy it no matter what.

6. JCat

JCat Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    CEO E-Commerce
    NY
    I don't mind Gameloft; rather have a clone/copy/dupe of a game that was a huge hit on a console, then say...I don't know... nothing at all perhaps? Of course, as long as it's good.

Nova, Dungeon Hunter & Castle of Magic are three that I had a great time with. Hero of Sparta back in ITS day was kind of a first on an ol' iphone, but the port to get on board with the newly released iPad was absolutely abysmal. I'm looking forward to this game, as an Uncharted "clone", or anything Indiana Jones-like sounds more exciting then a copy of Angry Birds from 30 other developers.

7. Pacificsun0481

Jul 10, 2010
    Sacramento, CA
    Will this release in December?

8. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    I would think so.:cool:

9. whoyathink

whoyathink Active Member

Nov 25, 2010
    graphics

even gamelofts newest game still dosnt come close to having the level of graphics were seeing in much more ammature, and even brand new developers
    ...Aralon, Inifinty Blade, The shadow sun

come on gameloft :(

10. jasonc506

jasonc506 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2010
    I am super excited for this one, I love Uncharted.

11. TNT_HEADSHOT

TNT_HEADSHOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2010
    This looks great, I don't have a ps3 so I've never played Uncharted

12. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    Been playing PS3 Uncharted 2 so really looking forward to this.

13. Trysis3

Trysis3 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Can't ****ing wait uncharted 2 is one of my favorite games everrr !

14. Pacificsun0481

Jul 10, 2010
    Sacramento, CA
    #94 Pacificsun0481, Nov 25, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2010

Infinity Blade, shouldn't be on your list. That game is by Epic Games, who own and create the XBox 360 franchise "Gears of War", as well as the multiple platform "Unreal Tournament."

Also, Infinity Blade is powered by an iOS specialized version of Epic Games own Unreal 3 Engine. That engine powers console mega hits like:

Batman: Arkham Asylum, Gears of War (1 & 2), Mass Effect (1 and 2), Borderlands, Mirrors Edge, Lost Odyssey, Bioshock and others.

I'm sure you weren't meaning to use Infinity Blade in the ammature comparison, because Epic Games is far from....

Gameloft could step it up. I see the vast improvements they seem to be making visually, lately though.

They seem to be employing: shadow mappings or shaders, better resolution textures, bloom lighting, reflection mapping....

And Most of all: the character has individual fingers! No more block hands! :eek:

The improvements From looking at even Recent releases like Zombie Infection, Splinter Cell Conviction and Spiderman just goes to show - how much of an improvement Gameloft is making these days, moeso than those listed ones. It's like night and day. Not subtle.

Big examples of stark differences, within just 1 year...

Nova 2

(notice the cloaked character on the side)
    http://pocketfullofapps.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/nova-2-iphone_3.jpg

http://wirelessmedia.ign.com/wireless/image/article/113/1136444/nova-2-near-orbit-vanguard-alliance-20101123040737932-000.jpg

Nova 1

http://fingergaming.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/nova.jpg

http://justanotheriphoneblog.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/NOVA.jpg

15. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Did you see the screenshots? I think it looks great. To me it looks better than Shadow Sun, and probably on par with Aralon.

16. AL1R3ZA

AL1R3ZA Active Member

Sep 5, 2010
    Homeless :D
    IRAN
    #96 AL1R3ZA, Nov 25, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2010
    just look clothes and hair of character! it's awesome!
    i've never seen city's details like this in any game on iOS!(except infinty blade :D)

17. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Yeah the graphics definitely appear to be a step up from the typical gameloft game. The detail and texture quality is even comparable to the graphics of Epic Citadel. Some of the textures even look slightly better (look at the closest wall textures of Shadow Guardian).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

The player shaddow isn't that good in Shaddow Guardian though. (the one he makes on the ground)

19. whoyathink

whoyathink Active Member

Nov 25, 2010
    forgive me
    ammature developers in comparison to gameloft
    or brand new to the platform (epic)

and yes your right these graphics are a step up for gameloft according to these screenshots, i still just think a developing company that has created something over 50 games, they'd havre progressed a little further forwards than this

but then again, im just a picky pessimist

20. weehoo

weehoo Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    the stars
    I agree 1000% !!!

Nothing disappointed me more than "Splinter Cell Conviction." Although this game seems to have more impressive graphics than SC:C, the pictures of gameplay look nearly identical to it.

It would seem to me that this game would be great with "zombie infection" type gameplay, but with enhanced character movement for speed.