Shadow Guardian by GAMELOFT

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by eXistenT, Nov 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HairyPotter

HairyPotter Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2009
    It's just not right in a moral sense, you don't just take original things and then put the invisible elephant in the room: Dear customer, I know you expected after all the trailers and promo pictures the original God of War/Uncharted/... feeling but I won't deliver it to You. I ripped Kratos of and there is nothing they can do against it GIMME YOUR MONEY BAAWAHAHAHAHAAAA

2. HairyPotter

Dec 20, 2009
    #22 HairyPotter, Nov 23, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2010
    That's not true for the big Gameloft games. I don't have something against good racing games, third person shooters etc. Sometimes genres get invented completely new, there was nothing like that before, line drawing games, accelorometer games, jump'n'runs etc etc. just look into the history of computers, arcade machines.

It's nothing wrong to happily give your part as an game company into that new genre.

Gameloft now makes something completely different, they just don't tap into new game genres or revolutionary gameplay elements, they take original games, very unique and elite brands, and then put the invinsible elephant in the room, transporting over the copied gameplay and ground stories, that you have there a sequel or a port of let's say Resident Evil but it's cleary not the same.

3. Omega-F

Omega-F Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA
    Lol, this one is hilarious in particular. It should have been called Charted: Among Burglars.

4. Adeeb246

Adeeb246 Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Canada
    haha alright alright....but answer me this... Would you not want to play this, or any of Gameloft's games on your phone? IMO, they bring as best experience they can, with their own twists. For their best titles, they dont have the licensing to make the game, instead they create the game as close to the image as possible. Examples Halo/NOVA, HoS/God of War, MC/CoD. To me, they were un-freakin-believable. Just the thought of playing those games on a phone is amazing as it is.

5. Zoet

Zoet Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2010
    Newcastle, Australia
    As I don't own a PS3, this will be the only 'uncharted' game I can play anyway. Think of it as Gameloft doing a service to those of us without multiple consoles.;)

6. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

I see and understand your reasons and opinions. But as LBG said, it is not likely that we'll ever see an Uncharted for the iPhone, so we have to get the next best thing. And I never said there aren't new ideas or games anymore... but new ideas are getting more rare year after year. As I said, most genres and most games, not all.

I am a gamer for 25 years now... started with a NES and a C64... believe me, I saw some original games and hundreds of clones 'til today. I got used to it. ;)

7. iphoneprogrammer

iphoneprogrammer Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Financial Analyst for Baines and Ernst
    London, UK
    win.

8. Venan

Venan Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2010
    Actually this will be the only Shadow Guardian you will ever play. Uncharted 2 is probably one of the best games ever crafted, period. Gameloft has neither the time, budget or talent to even sit in the parking lot of that ballpark. It will look good on the surface, and be novel for an iPhone game, but that's about it.

9. HairyPotter

Dec 20, 2009
    #29 HairyPotter, Nov 23, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2010
    MC, you can't do it wrong because FPS is an FPS is an FPS, moving objects come under the crosshair and get shot, simple as that. And by the way the voice acting in MC1 was so utterly bizarre you could thought you where in a trash movie of an amateur director.

HoS, just start playing GoW, almost every single element, be it technical or content, is not just > superior, its in that dimension >>>>>>>

It's like you heard from someone else the concept of God of War, the ground mythology, ground gameplay things, something about bullet time blabla. And then you start discovering material of Hero of Sparta, with all that in mind what you got told from the other person. So you have in mind okay the concept of GoW is cool, because someone told me so and had good arguments. But you haven't played it yet, but start playing HoS. You see that of course HoS has a ground quality, and because you still remember the things you got told about GoW but haven't played that particular game by yourself, you think they are on the same level. And then one day you play 2-3 hours of GoW, and your face get's red of shame because you discover the rip off.

10. iphoneprogrammer

iphoneprogrammer Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Financial Analyst for Baines and Ernst
    London, UK
    i dont think im drunk enough to understand this.

11. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
  12. Omega-F

Omega-F Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA
    Name of the main character is Nathaniel Draco

13. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

yay. gameloft do tomb raider.

14. HairyPotter

Dec 20, 2009
    :eek: I knew Drake had a hidden incest brother :eek:

15. MystikSun

MystikSun Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    I see M4 and shotgun.
    Edit: And undead? lolwut.

16. HairyPotter

Dec 20, 2009
    Don't you remeber? Uncharted 1 had at the end undead, Gameloft copied it "perfectly", and the helicopter you have to fight is from Uncharted 2.

My bet: Shadow Guardian 2 will copy the very famous Train sequence of Uncharted 2 :)

17. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    I hope so. The more like Uncharted 2, the better.

18. MystikSun

MystikSun Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    I never finished the first Uncharted, but yeah I know there was the undead. Interesting nevertheless.

19. HairyPotter

Dec 20, 2009
    Then why don't you just buy a PS3 or a PSP and play the original things? What would be wrong with that? :)

It's easy to say "we" (iUsers) won't get it, but that's the great thing of choice, that you alway can choose the original over the disgusting copy :)

20. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

Nice screenshots! :)

After watching the uncharted 2 trailer (I have never heard of that game before, but it looks good!), It really does look verry similar.