Universal Shadow Fight 2 Special Edition (by Nekki Limited)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Aug 22, 2017.

1. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Really surprised you guys are having difficulty there. I mean, sure...I did pay $2.99 so I could just be over and done with Lynx's second form, but I had no problem beating Hermit and Hermit 2.0 on my first tries. That said, like dnk...the game's worn out its welcome with me halfway through the 3rd area. I was progressing with no difficulty, the game was FAR from a grindfest, IMO, and I love that there are SO many little nuances that change the gameplay in both challenges and duels, etc...but the core gameplay isn't enough to keep me hooked. I loved my time with it and it was well worth the $8 I spent, but yeah...I deleted the game a couple of days ago.

2. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    I had the fully upgraded nunchucks and then bought some gems to get some sickle type weapon with an enchantment which didn't help me.

Maybe I just need to be more patient.

3. Somethingood

Somethingood New Member

Sep 4, 2017
    S.o.s.

Guys can someone explain to me that after I beat titan in this game with the composite sword, sense I said that the world needs my help agin but nothing appears. Nothing new that is. I looked everywhere but can't find the new storyline. Can someone explain this to me. And there is no eclipse mode.

4. pheriannath

pheriannath Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2012
    #84 pheriannath, Sep 4, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
    I've always thought of Lynx and Hermit as the first major peaks in the SF2 learning curve, where the game determines whether you've actually learned to fight.

For those who were seriously asking for tips - I did give some for magic earlier, but I'll generalise again. They may not work all the time, but they'll win you more fights and keep you alive for a lot longer than you're likely used to (explanations are in spoiler tags in case you hate Walls of Text).

- Don't Spam.
    No matter how good your weapon may be, continuously attacking in the blind hope that you won't be blocked or countered is quite frankly asking for trouble. Let loose only when you're reasonably sure that your enemy can't counter (i.e. he's too occupied to interrupt you with a faster attack).
    - Block!
    Your character blocks by default. There is no reason you can't do this unless you were in the middle of an attack (see the above point on not spamming).
    - Roll!
    I've mentioned this before, but rolling is a really good defensive measure against magic. It keeps you down low longer than ducking, and you end up in a better position to counter your enemy. Magic has a long and obvious windup, so anyone who can keep their wits about them (yet again, see the first point on not spamming) can pull this off reasonably often.
    - Take your time.
    You don't need to blitz your opponent. If you need to reposition to use your weapon range, do it. If you need some breathing space or to get out of your enemy's reach, roll away. There's no hurry. Just don't panic and start spamming.
    - Get used to kicking.
    Your kicks are incredibly versatile in SF2. The close range knee is one of the fastest moves in the game, second only to (iirc) the barehanded elbow and straight jab. The push kick (back+kick) is useful to create some distance so you can use your weapon at range. The double leg sweep (down+kick+kick) is great if you want to close in fast and keep your profile hard to hit. The jumping spin kick (up+kick) has decent speed, avoids low attacks and all but guarantees a head hit if not blocked. The heel kick (down+back+kick) is a very good counter move if you know your enemy's going to get close to you. Knowing how to kick effectively also gives you a fighting chance if your weapon ever gets knocked away.
    - Get used to throwing.
    Throwing is unblockable, does huge damage and ends with your opponent prone on the ground. There is no more effective escape move if you find yourself backed into a corner and your opponent right in your face. The only difficulty is in knowing at what range you can execute it and properly judging the right time to do so.

5. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    First update is out!

More FPS is good!

And, imho, more difficult than before! LoL xD

6. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Any tips on beating Widow? Every time I get close all her health restores.

Still cant say enough about how much I'm loving this game.

Is SF3 going to be the same as in premium?