Universal Shadow Fight 2 Special Edition (by Nekki Limited)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Aug 22, 2017.

1. The_14th_Ronin

The_14th_Ronin New Member

Aug 25, 2017
    #61 The_14th_Ronin, Aug 26, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
    Stuck at game launch

Hey everyone, like everybody here I bought this as soon as I saw it, yet my game seems to crash on a message of sensei right after the intro sequence basically saying that I would need his help to retrieve the body I lost. The 'more' button is here but doesn't respond.
    Does anyone know where it could come from ? I'm so eager to play it !
    My phone is an Xperia X Compact

Attached Files:

2. Milotorou

Milotorou Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    Considering youre on Android I dont think a lot of people here would be able to answer you #.

A few suggestions though :

-Reboot your device.
    -Make sure you have the lower amount of background things running.
    -Reinstall
    -If those didnt work, id try changing the language to english, just to see if it isnt a glitch in the scriptload, I dont think that they put it in french when they beta test it.

If that didnt work contact Nekki directly, they might have an answer #

3. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    That's what I keep saying to myself. In just the 2nd area I can net between 22-27 gems (with a 30 max) and around 2500 coins per run, and not feeling pressure to spend on the optional IAP. I do wish more XP were granted for survival. That mode becomes essential, especially like you're saying to wait longer to take Hermit on, which I knew would be the case. I'm at lvl 12 and maxed out with gear that has perks...I suppose there's the chance we have to use the newer equipment that might have a higher stat maxed at that same player level than the weapon you've been using and payed to max already at that level? (idk...can someone confirm that?)

4. pheriannath

pheriannath Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2012
    #64 pheriannath, Aug 26, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
    All weapons have the same attack stat when maxed out, so just go ahead and play with the one you like best.
    The only exception is when you're fighting barehanded, in which case your attack stat is based on your armour and will be slightly weaker than a maxed out weapon (but that's the price you pay for, erm, not paying for a weapon at all).

5. TheSop

TheSop Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2016
    Does this game have cloud saving?

6. The_14th_Ronin

The_14th_Ronin New Member

Aug 25, 2017
    Thanks !

Thanks a lot for your quick answer !
    By the time I wrote the first message I had already tried reinstalling and CCleaning, now I tried rebooting and switching language settings to english, aaaand... Nothing. 3 reboots later I had the idea to turn my blue light filter off... Turns out it came from there :/

7. Milotorou

Mar 19, 2015
    Im now middle of Chapter 4, did survival mode maybe.... 6 or 7 times ? Honestly ive became quite confortable with some weapons (Notably the Staff and the Saphire Fang) to the point where an "Insane" difficulty fight is more like "Hard" to me, I can win about 60% of the time on it, even "Impossible" becomes possible to an extent (noticed winning like 2/10 times when I dare try and repeat, but i can win !)

I think this game requires much more skill than what it looks like, of course grinding survival and always maxing your gear is always an option, but you dont HAVE to.

8. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    You've got some seriois talent then. I'm a seasoned veteran of all gaming and these boss fights are frickin ridiculous. 3 rounds to win is too much. I love this game, I just wish the boss battles were a little less cheap. Especially the 1st two because the player doesn't have access to magic and damn it all, that magic is pissing me the bleep off Lol Everytime I get a round win, the magic starts spamming it's way down my throat. Boss battles to me feel much less about skill and way more anout luck. I say this because of the magic just negating any round advantage you have. After round one, it's a free for all.

9. Milotorou

Mar 19, 2015
    Honestly, Hermit was the toughest challenge so far, especially the second time, he really is HARD.

Butcher is much easier for some reason, he doesnt have that cheesy magic that makes your only one mistake a one hit death #

10. pheriannath

pheriannath Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2012
    #70 pheriannath, Aug 27, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2017
    For anyone having trouble, be aware that there will be a great many mid to late game opponents who will not hesitate to use magic. If I can share what I know -

Magical projectiles (the most common kind) can be avoided by rolling under them. As magic has a very visible windup, there is always reasonable time to react.

If a player's unable to react in time, it's usually due to one or more of these reasons:
    1. You simply didn't expect it and were caught by surprise. A cornerstone mindset of all fighting games is to always watch your opponent & be aware of what he can do at any time. I believe the AI does have a magic gauge to fill as well - if they haven't used magic for some time, watch out for it.
    Also, rolling should be a central part of your moveset - if you're not used to rolling, I suggest to practice it until it feels almost automatic. It WILL save your life many times over.
    2. You were in the middle of an attack move (usually fluffed). Always keep your game technical and your attacks deliberate. Never button mash even though it's tempting (I've done it too). Every time you pull off a huge long move that can leave you vulnerable, you're gambling that your opponent won't take the chance to counter. This includes jumps.
    3. You were not in a position to react (stunned, staggered or recovering from a fall). Not much to do - the flow of battle was simply against you to begin with. Best not to land in such situations at all (Incidentally, this is exactly the kind of thing you want to do to your opponent to ensure you land your own magic).

Of course an alternative is to simply interrupt the opponent before the magic goes off. But only players who are really familiar with their weapon can pull off this kind of aggressive play without fluffing - if you're still unfamiliar or find yourself button mashing (see point 2), I recommend holding off. You're likely to stay alive a lot longer and learn a lot more if you do.

11. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    I LOVE this game.

One of the best I played on ios

12. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Thanks for that. I'm not really finding any good strategy guides online, this is the most helpful thing I've read yet.

13. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    #3 is what I encounter with the bosses most of the time. Thanks for the guide, it definitely made me rethink my strategy. I'm also trying some different weapons. Still stuck on Hermit but oh well.

14. dnk

dnk Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Boring grind-fest

The game starts out ok but after a while it gets boring quickly. Different weapons are just vriations if the same categories.

It does require skills but the freemium aspect is still too obvious by having to grind. A game should require either serious skills or heavy grinding, not both. Can't imagine how bad it was with freemium if the premium is like this.

Does it support icloud backup? Because I'm halfway through the third world but get really bored and want to deete it.

15. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    Imho goty nominee.

16. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    IMHO I disagree. This has been out since 2015 or so.

If a game is going to win that title, it needs to be released in 2017.

Maybe Shadow Fight 3 will achieve that feat as it comes out right before Thanksgiving.

17. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    My question is: how to progress a little bit faster? There are any tips?

18. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    I'm frustrated as well#.

Like others, I can't seem to get past the first 2 acts. Everything is maxed out to level 12, every piece of equipment has an icon below as well, so this means no more grinding is necessary for now. Tournaments and challenges have been beat. Lynx and Hermit (sp?) are a lot more difficult here than the freemium version. They seem close to impossible.

19. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    Really strange.... hope devs will update soon...

20. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Maxed out at level 12 and cannot seem to get past Hermit. Finished all the other challenges and tournaments so unable to level up further.