Universal Shadow Fight 2 Special Edition (by Nekki Limited)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Aug 22, 2017.

1. ac166

ac166 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    So is it a swipe fighter or something like street fighter?

2. Milotorou

Milotorou Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    Gold and gems, both are obtainable at will in game as well.

3. Milotorou

Mar 19, 2015
    It uses buttons, not swipes, but id say its much more "simplistic" than Street Fighter.

The fighting is much more about timing and less about executing mad combos.

Try the free version if you want an impression of the gameplay ✌️

4. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    In the previous version, purchasing 400 gems equaled about $19.99.

Wondering if this is the same. Also there was no need to grind, and as levels increased there were more paywalls as the game progressed.

Im asking these questions bc I might check it out. Appreciate anybody's feedback/information.

5. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Hmm....I’m concerned about the presence of IAPs still being there as well. Are they really needed just to purchase cosmetic items in-game?

6. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    It's been covered. The are no cosmetic items. The IAPs are for two types of currency that can be essentially farmed by playing survival.

7. anthony78

Nov 13, 2015
    The farming has been covered but haven’t seen much as far as what you’re alternate personality posted earlier:

8. Milotorou

Mar 19, 2015
    After playing for a while I can guarantee you iAP are not necessary.

As Metal and myself pointed out, you can get gold and gems playing Survival Mode, survival mode can be played AT WILL.

So as long as youre willing to play you have an unlimited way of getting both currencies money woukd buy.

9. anthony78

Nov 13, 2015
    That’s all fine and dandy but doesn’t answer the question on whether if you play the normal story mode if you will hit a point where you will need to “grind” in survival mode just to be able to get what you need to continue.

The dev’s description says no grinding is necessary to complete story mode but playing survival over and over is grinding IMO.

10. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    #30 metalcasket, Aug 22, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
    I'm personally just past the first boss (now on the second area of 7) and even though he wasn't a walk in the park, there was absolutely no need to grind up until that point. There's a ton of content and it's becoming clear the game isn't one of those "keep upgrading to get farther" Earn to Die/Burrito Bison/Knightmare Tower/generic racer-type game and that you really do need to know how to fight...so yeah, the difficulty does ramp up in the second area, but unfortunately it's still too early to tell whether the IAP is necessary or not. Still, the game is easily worth far more than the $5 price-tag.

11. anthony78

Nov 13, 2015
    Thanks. Played the original a bit way back when but think I dropped it due to the F2P aspects (my memory is going).

Going to download the freemium version of this to try the gameplay again then decide on whether to get this one.

12. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    I think I have to get this...

13. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I'm in.

I always told the devs that once they got rid of the energy that I'd spend money. I'm a man of my word. Game has been purchased.

It's worth every damn penny. It definitely gets Billy's seal of approval. I don't even care that it has IAP because it's completely optional and not necessary. You pay the $5 and that's it.

I love the controls and the combat. This game has always had it down right. The combat is just so satisfying. I'm so happy they made this special edition with no energy.

Billy

14. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    I guess this isn't that well known but the original Shadow Fight 2 also has an unlimited energy option, it's a $19.99 IAP and has been there for a long time. Obviously this version is cheaper and has the added content, but thought it was worth pointing out that the unlimited energy thing isn't new.

15. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    These questions below might cover a few topics not addressed here:

1. How much real currency would it cost to get 400 gems? X amount of coins?

2. Are weapons locked until you achieve certain experience levels?

3. How many gems do some of the weapons cost through the first or second chapter?

Survival was always unlimited in terms of grinding but it got to a point where you can no longer level up (later in the game) unless you advanced through beating different fighters and purchasing new armor, weapons, shields etc.

I wish that the developers would come on to clarify.

Jared is right regarding the unlimited energy removal in the older version for $20

Great that the ads are gone. They probably wear and tear away the battery on the device.

16. anthony78

Nov 13, 2015
    Was just playing the original Shadow Fight 2 and only saw opt-in ads for more currency. Is that the ads people are talking about that this doesn’t have? If so, doesn’t that remove a way to get additional currency? Or was the game rebalanced to take that into consideration?

17. Milotorou

Mar 19, 2015

Im nesring the end of chapter 2. Did survival maybe like 4-5 times total for gold... didnt feel like big grinding.

1. 250 gems is 3$

2. Yes, like in the free version.

3. Depends ln which one, if you go for the "gem only weapons" that can only be purchased with gems theyre around 120 in chapter 2. If you want a weapon thats purchasable with gold its around 20-30, finishing 10 battles in chapter 2 survival rewards you with 30 gems, that can be repeated over and over.

4. Pretty sure similar rules apply to leveling up, thats to keep the game challenging.

18. Milotorou

Mar 19, 2015
    The game now offers you premium currency during main missions and survival mode, to rebalance this. Instead of watching stupid ads you pkay to earn it, much more satisfying.

19. dukat111

dukat111 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2010
    #39 dukat111, Aug 23, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
    How do you farm gems?
    I'm only a few tournament fights in but so far you can only farm coins.

20. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

Billy's seal of approval, premium, I'm in. Never tried the free one till now, game is just fantastic!