Universal Shadow Era - Trading Card Game (by Wulven Game Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Kyle Poole, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Bucktroo

Bucktroo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 29, 2011
    Male
    Analyst
    Natural State
    So, I just downloaded this game. Can someone please tell me how in the world they haven't been in trouble with stealing art work from League of Legends?!?!

I mean, the game is cool, but umm...just in the free deck at the beginning there is one with just an outfit change....and another that is an exact carbon copy of characters from League of Legends......

Please tell me someone else has noticed this.

2. AnAdolt

AnAdolt Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2010
    Canada
    That's the first time I've heard of such an accusation. Many Shadow Era players have also played League of Legend too. I haven't played LoL myself so please elaborate with more detail and/or screenshots of your claim.

3. Bucktroo

Bucktroo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 29, 2011
    Male
    Analyst
    Natural State
    #1623 Bucktroo, Jan 6, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2012
    Not sure how to view the first 10 free cards.....but it's the 8th or 9th card. And if you want to compare, google league of legends "Akali" and the other one was the female hunter. To compare, google league of legends "Sherwood Ashe".

If you still can't find it, let me know and I'll try to grab some screenshots tomorrow.

4. Artfoundry

Artfoundry Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    COO and Creative Director at LCD Dreams, Inc.
    Bay area, CA
    #1624 Artfoundry, Jan 6, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2012
    I think for Akali, he's referring to Serena Thoughtripper as the similar one, and for Sherwood Ashe, Gwenneth Truesight. There are some similarities in poses and GENERAL appearance of the characters, but the artwork is definitely not the same. It's common for artists to take cues from other artists or even copy styles. But you can't say the art is carbon copy. Hell, the art for Akali make her look like a young/teen girl whereas Serena is definitely not that young in her card art.

5. swampthing

swampthing Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2010
    Oh yeah women in skimpy armour/leather with bows, and weapons. Wow what an original concept.

6. foxmulderino

foxmulderino Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Student
    Italy
    I can't see the utility to make physical cards in this ultra-digitalized world...bad timing guys!

7. AnAdolt

Feb 27, 2010
    Canada
    It's true that some our players don't have as much interest with the physical cards but many players are very interested in the physical cards and have been very generous with their pre-orders, despite the year's biggest holidays being so recent. Some people are still on holiday and I estimate the current pace of pre-orders to maintain without much decline anytime soon.

8. AnAdolt

Feb 27, 2010
    Canada
    #1628 AnAdolt, Feb 6, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2012
    In the finale, orders are in overdrive! Hero foil cards are announced as the 8th milestone. Each $40 package or higher that is pre-ordered will get its own set of bonuses, instead of the bonuses being limited to 1 per household.

With just over 2 days left, the clock is counting down so take advantage of the offers while you still can.

9. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Boom!! Update out! 1.503

10. AnAdolt

Feb 27, 2010
    Canada
    We're catering to popular demand and have reopened pre-orders! Check out the new details while quantities last.

11. BeyondCast

BeyondCast New Member

May 4, 2012
  12. morphx2

morphx2 Member

Jan 15, 2013
    just got this game, REALLY enjoying it!!!

13. Crzychkn

Crzychkn Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Utah, USA
    Thought I'd mention this here in case anyone has missed it. Shadow Era has a kickstarter for the next expansion, and if the goal is met there are some pretty awesome rewards for backers. If ever you wanted to get into the game this would be the way, since you essentially get more than double the amount of cards/items for your dollar than you normally would.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/wulven/shadow-era-shattered-fates-cross-platform-card-gam

14. Roleki

Roleki Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2012
    Why isn't this available in the UK?