Universal Shadow Era - Trading Card Game (by Wulven Game Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Kyle Poole, Feb 23, 2011.

1. AnAdolt

AnAdolt Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2010
    Canada
    #1601 AnAdolt, Oct 22, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2011
    10 new faction cards have been added with the release of v1.28! We've updated many cards in our continuing effort to balance the game and moved up the minimum deck size to 40 cards in multiplayer.

A few popularly requested features were added, such as the offer draw option, announcement page, and chat history. Along with lots of game bugs zapped.

The update is live on the web version and Android. The desktop clients should be uploaded soon to our download page. We'll keep you posted when that's up and when it's released on Apple's App Store. We will be starting a new season and resetting player ratings once it's out on the App Store so take this chance to test out the new cards!

EDIT: PC and Mac clients are out.

2. AnAdolt

Feb 27, 2010
    Canada
    It's finally released on the iOS App Store! Ratings have been reset as well and we're starting a new season so let's see what you've got.

3. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Very nice work!

By the way, are the plans for asynchronous multiplayer in Shadow Era still a reality, even if a distant one? It is rapidly becoming a whole new way to game online, a paradigm shift in online gaming, and Shadow Era would be such a wonderful fit for it, as long as we can drop our preconceptions of how TCG battles should be played out (time-based, etc).

4. AnAdolt

Feb 27, 2010
    Canada
    Yes, asynchronous multiplayer is still on the table. Technically the current game supports for it but it does require a bit more work, such as user interface elements that need to be added, before it can be implemented.

5. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Some of the most exciting iOS gaming news I've head in weeks (and these ARE the TouchArcade forums ;) )! Being able to constantly keep Shadow Era matches going would finally turn the game from a great but occasional pasttime into a constant passion for me :)

(Perhaps you've already got it all figured out, but if not, UniWar and Carcassonne are two good examples of very smooth (in different areas) async multiplayer implementations. For chat interface and notifications, ease of use, and short loading/launching times, Carcassonne holds the crown, and for convenient ways to jump between several async games, in-depth stats, convenient matching and game finding, and some community functions, see UniWar.)

6. adamphetamine

adamphetamine Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Programmer/3D Modeling
    Bethlehem, Pa
    Love the art on the new cards. I didn't get a chance to play with them all yet but the ones I did use worked well. Glad this game is still being updated.

7. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Yeah I am so glad that this game is still being kept up with. That really makes me not regret dumping the risky $20 I did back when the game first came out. Since the game's life, I pretty much spend at least $5 with every update available (since there are usually new cards, or some kind of new deck I want to make lol). Keep up the good work man. This shit is intense, and can't wait to start hopping in the MP more again.

Also... where the hell are more Rogue weaps?!?! haahahah

8. AnAdolt

Feb 27, 2010
    Canada
    @Ayjona Yeah, UniWar has a pretty good async mode.

@Booch138 Thanks! With v1.29, the rest of the hero weapon cards are coming, all 10 of them, and you can check them out here.

9. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Agree with Ayjona and Booch. I would love to see asynch but I'll still keep putting money into this one as long as it's getting updated and the community is strong. I've put $30 at least into it by now, more than any other game I've got, and no regrets on my part for that.

10. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    1.29 is out with 10 new weapons added. In case you care.

11. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Is it crashing to palmtop seconds after loading for others as well?

12. AnAdolt

Feb 27, 2010
    Canada
    We've identified a problem with the Logout button on iOS devices and should have it fixed in the next update. After you use the Logout button, if Shadow Era is crashing consistently, you'll need to reinstall the app to resolve this.

When reinstalling, try to do it by re-downloading on your iOS device since syncing through iTunes may re-sync the corrupted file and the app will keep on crashing.

13. AlteaineDranix

AlteaineDranix Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2011
    #1613 AlteaineDranix, Dec 7, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2011
    Uninstalling and reinstalling the app from the AppStore fixed the crashing issue for me. The game seems rather slower, though.

14. AnAdolt

Feb 27, 2010
    Canada
    Your game speed probably got reset back to the default of 2. You should go into to the in-game Options and slide it back to 4.

15. Kyle Poole

Kyle Poole Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    [​IMG]

Bad Santa has visited all the naughty boys and girls and left everyone with a special gift of 100 Shadow Crystals. Enjoy, and happy holidays from Wulven!

16. RazvanGNR

RazvanGNR Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2011
    Thx, Merry Christmas to you too :D

17. IzzyNobre

IzzyNobre Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2008
    Canada
    Does Kyle still post here?

18. adamphetamine

adamphetamine Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Programmer/3D Modeling
    Bethlehem, Pa
    On occasion. More so in official forums though.

19. Kyle Poole

Kyle Poole Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
  20. airdan

airdan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Belize
    Was reading about this earlier on the official forums. I must say that's fricking awesome!