Shadow Cities - Location Based MMORPG

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by veelay, Sep 27, 2010.

1. Martin JF

Martin JF Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Really excited now :D Cant wait! Only 2-3 months left...

2. greymikko

greymikko Member

Sep 27, 2010
    Co-founder, Grey Area
    Thanks! :) We'll keep you guys updated with new features and videos.

3. Martin JF

Sep 10, 2009
    Cool. Cant wait for more News.

4. cubytes

cubytes Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2009
    niice gesture based controls :)

I would integrate with google maps asap (if you havent done so already) or perhaps go the geofence route. instead of having the whole world around you be the game world geofence it to like public areas such as malls parks ect, and allow gamers to create public geofences of their neighborhood in which upon arriving in that you can open the game see a list of all geofences in your area and join the game, upon joining a game everyone else currently active in the geofence will be alerted to your presence

of course there will be privacy concerns:
    - so offer private mode which will mask your presence to just trusted contacts and you can turn this on/off
    -parental settings (game can't be played after curfew) ect

just some food for thought. good luck with the launch of the game!!

5. Grumps

Grumps Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Feb 2, 2009
    iOS Game Developer
    I think driving would work better when it come to escaping an enemy? LOL

6. Martin JF

Sep 10, 2009
    lol, or entering a cab:

"Hurry, I'm being chased my Animator mages!! I've got to Get out of here before They throw a spell!"

7. spongefile

spongefile Active Member

Jun 21, 2009
    web dev concept designer
    Helsinki, Finland
    I was actually in a car with someone and asked them to take a detour so I could go destroy an enemy tower... ;P

8. pushkin

pushkin Member

Sep 27, 2010
    I usually leave a path of destruction along the railway as I travel home from work. =)

9. LOL! A classic! :)

10. Martin JF

Sep 10, 2009
    I bet there Will be a lot of funny stories once The game is available in The store :p

"Sorry, I gotta go. Architects Are attacking a tower nearby, I gotta stop them"

11. Obsydian

Obsydian New Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Daaaaargh!

I WANT this game!!

Ever since I saw the promo video, it's always on my mind.

Any chance of getting in on a beta?

If not, can you give us a more certain timeframe than "before the end of the year"?

Cheers,
    Obsydian

12. Martin JF

Sep 10, 2009
    Any News bout This?

13. pgboy

pgboy Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2010
    hey just looked at this bcause martin was. at first i thoght eh. then i read on and saw all that was happening and i said to myself.... how could u ever think a=eh this is great buy it asap

14. Martin JF

Sep 10, 2009
    Hi, pgboy :D yes, this Looks awesome, doesnt it? :p had The exact same reaction myself. I really hope there Will be more News soon.

15. pgboy

pgboy Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2010
    yea i miss u from pgf i was kicked off bcause i am 12 :<

16. Martin JF

Sep 10, 2009
    Yeah, its really sad...

Again, need updates on This update.

17. Hi guys,

More info coming very soon! we're currently building the last features. I posted a few new pictures on the first page on the game play. Will post more info on the two different teams battling each other tomorrow evening. Hang in there. We'll get there together :)

18. Two teams to choose from

Here's the setting.

The world is at war. The human Mages are exploring the Shadow World that has been rediscovered after centuries. Shadow Spirits need to be fought so that human expansion is possible. Two teams compete for the dominance of the world’s cities.

You step in and take the role of a modern Mage, learning magic and seeing you surroundings with new eyes. That is also when you choose your team. You can either belong to The Architects or The Animators.

The Architects are the void engineers and tech mages. They bind the magic in teh machine and trap the echo in its shell. For nearly six hundred years they have prepared for this moment. They claim its their time.

The Animators are the spell artists and scholar mages. They resurrected the old rune illustrations, they animated the echo. It is them who kept the traditions intact during the dark times. They claim the moment is theirs.

It's up to you to choose which team will you fight in and which badge will you carry.

choose a team.png

19. Martin JF

Sep 10, 2009
    Awesome! Tnx for The info :D

20. Spirits and Experience

In Shadow Cities you battle and conquer neighborhoods, but you also fight NPCs. NPCs are Shadow Spirits, which appear depending on what Level of Mage your as well as your location. The higher the rank of a Shadow Spirit the harder it is to catch and the more Mana it will take to catch it.

The more Spirits you catch, the more Experience you gain and the faster you Level Up. When you Level Up you become more powerful Mage with and gain more powerful Spells with which you can do all kinds of magic in the Shadow World.

You can also mix Mana potions from caught Spirits if you have the right combinations of Common, Uncommon and Rare spirits.

Here's a few photos of Spirits and Leveling Up.

shadowcities 4.jpg

shadowcities 10.jpg

shadowcities 5.jpg

shadowcities 9.jpg