Universal Shadow Blade: Reload (Dead Mage and Crescent Moon)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by JoshCM, Feb 11, 2016.

1. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    More like a perfect your run type speed run for me.

2. H4nd0fg0d

Mar 30, 2010
    It would just be a nice addition, but don't get me wrong it controls like pure butter.

3. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    Didn't the last version of this have some form of swipe controls? Controls here aren't bad, but I wish we could use controls more like the previous version. Also resizing /moving the existing buttons would be great. As is, seems like you can tap above and below the buttons and they'll trigger. So that's cool.

4. bluechipps

bluechipps Member

May 8, 2012
    As others mentioned, button customization is needed. Otherwise, it's perfect port to iOS and runs flawlessly on my iPhone 5!

5. H4nd0fg0d

Mar 30, 2010
    Ya, choice of buttons or swipe which worked flawlessly and swipe was my preference. It would be grand to see swipe added also.

6. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I saw someone before mention they had choppiness running the game on their IPhone 6. I'm on level 5 and I have not had one single slow down or hiccup. It is smooth playing. I'm using an iPhone 6 running iOS 9.2.1

Is anyone else with a 6 having issues? If not I think it might just be that persons device. Honestly it's extremely smooth on mine so far. I cannot believe how awesome this game is. I just want to move the buttons that's all.

I really really really love the Shurikens. Like really really really love them. Lol

Billy

7. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Also wanted to post that despite that concern hearing of framerate issues on a mini 4, I went ahead and bought it. And it runs like butter on my iPad mini 2 running iOS 9.2.1. Not a single ounce of slowdown for me.

Looks gorgeous and, as a huge fan of the original, this is even more of a blast to play.

I'll also just reiterate the request for button placement customization. They work really well as they are, but have had a few times when I accidentally pressed for a downward move. Might space them just a little further apart.

Otherwise, outstanding work!

8. russiaone

russiaone Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Pimp
    San Francisco
    Hmmm, I swear this game on my device is laggy and stutters. I'll just go ahead and delete and download again. Also, the character sprites and dialogue bubbles are hella tiny on my 6.

Would love to be able to resize and move buttons to my hearts content.

I really wanna enjoy this puppy.

9. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Ermm, regarding my last comment and the "last set of levels". LOLNO. I have no idea which set they were. This game is SO much longer than I assumed. Holy shit...at first I was like "Well, alright...it's a nice upgrade to the original game." I couldn't have been more wrong: This is a COMPLETELY different beast and really does feel like a console/PC game. Fan-frickin'-tastic stuff.

10. Kyan6616

Kyan6616 New Member

Apr 28, 2015
    I'm on mini 2 and it's kinda laggy a bit. Maybe future update could improve it

11. skylined87

skylined87 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2014
    iPhone 6s and running as smooth as butter for me. The original is amazing, but this one is just unreal! I am having so much fun with it! The shurikens are a very nice touch, and the new graphics look amazing. You can tell a lot of love and passion went into the development of this fine game! I was so surprised when I heard this was coming out a week or so ago, and I couldn't wait to play it. It has met and far exceeded my expectations!

The game really makes you feel like a badass when you bounce off of walls and mutilate anyone in your path. You guys really couldn't have done a better job with this! Incredible work Dead Mage and Crescent Moon! ###

12. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Finished! :D Little disappointed the 2 extra difficulties from the PC version aren't included (heh, like I would ever play them >_>), but man...what a ride!

13. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Maybe try restarting your mini? And making sure everything else is closed?

Not even a hint of lag on my mini 2.

14. Greatgoat

Greatgoat Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    i prefer the swipe control like in the first game.. #

15. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    #75 Qwertz555, Feb 12, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
    Thanks Josh...convince them, please.
    Urgently needed to provide all the gamers different playstyles on their different devices.

No whining on the performance on my 5s, 8.4.1. Plays flawlessly.

Fair and important to be mentioned:
    The controls are super responsive, and a huge plus in my platformer history is the fact that you can trigger off a jump+dash+throw a shuriken all at the same time by a simple swipe over all buttons. That's what i call intuitive fighting and perfectly coded. Great job, Devs!

If you have a device choice, play it on ipad mini and up. The game is zoomed out more and the character is difficult to be seen, at least in the first few levels. The dark ground he's walking on, plus the backgrounds demanded a significant brightness crank up on my 5s. (Depending on your generell settings, of course)

Nitpicking points: No language change possible and the name Shadow Bl...
    And since the german words for challenges and back (herausforderungen, zurück) are longer, they overlap in the menu. The last bit of love for a top polished appearence is missing.

16. DaftDiego

DaftDiego Active Member

Jul 22, 2010
    How's the performance on iPhone 4S and/or iPod Touch 5?

17. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    how is the replay value? Are there any modes other than the story-driven levels?

18. lukey89

lukey89 Active Member

Nov 6, 2012
    Yep, theirs also challenge missions which take what youve learned, and ramp up the difficulty

19. H4nd0fg0d

Mar 30, 2010
    Very good, ultra-high quality game. Well worth the $, imho. I will say that I'm playing on 6s+ and won't speak for other device's performances.

20. zinkdogg

zinkdogg Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    I originally downloaded this for my iPhone 6s Plus and played all weekend. I didn't beat the game, but was far into it. Yesterday, I decided to install it on my iPad and it started me over. iCloud didn't work. Then it cleared my saved game from my phone. So, I had to start all over. ###