Universal Shadow Blade: Reload (Dead Mage and Crescent Moon)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by JoshCM, Feb 11, 2016.

1. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    #41 Qwertz555, Feb 11, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2016
    Just to make it clear for me, please:
    NO button customization possible here, really?

The original had only two buttons on the right and that worked pretty good for me, though i wished for a customization option. Never came.

About the time: it wasn't a countdown where you died not reaching the goal. It was simply a count up to get the 3-stars achievement. I definitely prefere this timed system.

2. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    The timed factor is still there but it's just a piece of the game. I actually ignore the time and focus more on making sure I collect every orb and every special symbol on each level.

This is an awesome platformer that does not have to be frantic if you don't want it to be. CM did a great job evolving what was already a great game. Plays flawlessly.

3. Aragorn01

Aragorn01 New Member

Sep 16, 2015
    Proud to say that I completely three starred the first one. This new game looks SOOO much better!

4. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I've played 2 levels and I'll be honest I just played trying to get every orb. I didn't even notice a timer and never ran out of time. So I don't think It's too much of an issue. But now that I know it's there. Lol

Billy

5. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    On Ipad air shuriken button is too far for me tbh

6. madreviewer

madreviewer Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2013
    So now you will die if you run out of time? To

7. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Have had some time with this and have to say it is an awesome game.

8. Qwertz555

May 22, 2010
    #48 Qwertz555, Feb 11, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2016
    Reading the last few posts...No.
    Personally, i didn't play the new version yet.
    No missunderstanding, please.
    I more was referring to earlier posts #35 and #39, that i don't mind an endless running clock in the background, as long as i can go at my own pace.

Again, please...button customization possible?

9. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I can't stop playing this effing game lol. I'm at the doctors office playing and it's hilarious with the sound effects.

I do want button customization. Josh please tell the dev team they need to allow us to move the buttons around. I really hate where the jump button is.

Billy

10. Just4today1125

Just4today1125 New Member

Jan 29, 2016
    Love the game but frame rate on iPad mini 4 really sucks ass.

11. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    As Qwertz said, 'button customization' please!!!

12. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Ouch. This has me concerned as I was going to buy it for my iPad mini 2. If the mini 4 can't run it well, I can imagine it being much worse on mine. May have to hold off for now.

Is anyone playing on a mini 2?

13. Qwertz555

May 22, 2010
    Lol, my learnt english seems rusty today. Actually i was asking if it is possible at all (edited my post), but Billy answered it a page back.

Against my CM rule, and having finished my last two platformers (Venture Kid + TENW), i'm just too "horny" to dive into the next one. Besides that, there is absolutely no other premium game released that i'm deeply interested in. So be it...downloading...

14. madreviewer

madreviewer Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2013
    Ho ok, thank's for the clarification

15. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    alright - I'm asking the dev about that and about performance on certain devices as well.

16. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Josh, any chance you could convince the Dead Mage guys to change the app name (under the icon) to just "Shadow Blade", "Reload" or even "SB:R"?

17. HippoHumper

HippoHumper Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2013
    When I played the first game I always thought this game would be awesome as more of an action platformer (the controls as they are would still work great for that type of game and a virtual d-pad with buttons would be a great option for those who like virtual d-pads and virtual buttons like I do)!as opposed to an endless-runner with some platforming mixed in. Does this remixed game come closer to the former or is it still an endless-runner at heart. I would like to add calling it an "endless runner" is not me bad mouthing the game since I bought the original at full price, played it all the way through and loved every minute of it.

P.S. Sorry if my typing is kinda weird, I haven't been sleeping too well these past few days due to some horribly bad migraine headaches I've been having. Getting lost in playing Crashlands after attempting to just "do one or two side-quests" before trying to sleep doesn't help either.

18. Shkrbby

Shkrbby Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2015
    6 pages of comments and only 2 ratings?!?

19. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Hmmmm, it's late here but I don't think I'm going crazy. I'm fairly certain in the last set of levels...after finishing off the second one and returning to the menu instead of continuing on, hitting level 3 would give me "Level 5" on the side, with the massive "Locked" message. I'm 99% sure I wasn't just seeing things. Obviously replaying the second level in that set and then continuing fixed things, but this could be an issue.

20. FeenixSA

FeenixSA Member

Dec 16, 2010
    I asked earlier about MFI controller support which sounded like the answer was yes. Does using an MFI controller remove the onscreen button icons?