Universal Shadow Blade: Reload (Dead Mage and Crescent Moon)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by JoshCM, Feb 11, 2016.

1. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    I've seen what he says around other forums too but come to think of it, maybe he decided it will be his alter ego. I mean what more can I say; his name is madreviewer.

2. roy2x

roy2x Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2015
    Any gameplay vids?

3. russiaone

russiaone Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Pimp
    San Francisco
    #23 russiaone, Feb 11, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2016
    Bought this off the strength of the first, and while the graphics have seen slight improvement, I'm not digging the janky framerate on iPhone 6. Even a reboot doesn't solve it.

Also, where are the button control options? Working with how they are positioned now makes for a less enjoyable experience for me. It also seems like everything is zoomed out more.

Hope these kinks get ironed out, because I was really anticipating this release.

With all that said, however, the core game is fantastic. I love the new story mode, as I was clamoring for more of it. Essentially a redux, I have only a little buyers remorse, because of aforementioned issues with the game.

4. Oneironaut3

Oneironaut3 Member

Aug 30, 2012
    groovey. thanks for info, guys. sounds like a purchase to me.

(also... figures that there'd be history to the comment made earlier. no worries here.)

thanks again,
    me

5. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

That guy's very existence is to be critical and edgy about every game release and I think that his existence is a product of our own criticism. It's like a Frankenstein monster of criticism.

6. touchy85

touchy85 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2015

I'm really impressed, the graphics are super sharp and the animations are pretty much one of the best I've ever seen on mobile. Personally I've got no Fps issues on my iPad Air 2. Overall this feels like a very good mobile game that evolved into a very good game. It scored an average rating of 9/10 on steam and that's not a coincidence, knowing people usually hate mobile games on steam.

7. madreviewer

madreviewer Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2013
    Do you have alternate costumes? Or would there be alternate costumes in the future? I am on the fense-

8. madreviewer

Sep 22, 2013
    Please tell me if you had the Game Center issue ruined it for you( I mean do you have to log in before you start playing the game) just like implosion?

9. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Anyone know the installed sized of this? After getting FF IX, a 1.38 GB download is putting me off. It's understandable given the enhanced graphics and more content. Just wondering how much, if any, bigger it gets on your device.

As a side note, why does the generated TA OP say 482 MB when that's not even close to what it is on the store?

10. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    The AppStore itself also indicates a much smaller size although it's usually much larger after installation. Had the same question, really curious as well.

11. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    It's a ~500 MB download and 1.3 GB installed guys.

12. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Thanks. Odd that the App Store has 1.38 GB when they typically show the download size.

Was worried it may be over 2 GB installed. This, although still tough with some recent purchases, may be doable.

13. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Thanks metal. By the way I'm digging your new profile picture (y)

14. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Wow this looks amazing. Anyone that played the first noticed big differences?

15. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I seem to recall levels in the original were timed (at least player performance was), and that might have been why I stayed away.

As a fleshed-out experience with a greater focus on narrative (paraphrased from this thread), are we free to play at a variable pace to no detriment?

16. touchy85

touchy85 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2015
    Implosion doesn't work for me, but this one works fine.

17. madreviewer

Sep 22, 2013
    To play implosion
    Reboot the device in air plane mode
    And keep the air plane mode activated
    Start the game and it will work

18. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Yup, you're rite as rain. Just reinstalled Implosion yesterday and it won't load without GC. Though I didn't have to go to AP mode. 2 consecutive reboots did the trick and GC miraculously popped up and had been unseen for months now.

19. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    I second this question! I enjoyed the first one, but felt I could have done without the time attack. Longer levels but still on a timer doesn't really appeal. Have they killed the clock?

20. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    Ive been waiting for this