SFIV Volt Tourney - TouchArcade v. Crossfire*

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Jibba, Aug 28, 2012.

1. D4Gamers

D4Gamers Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2012
    So were facing 2 opponents each?

2. killyin

killyin Active Member

Aug 28, 2012
    Killyin here. Gc is : killyin

3. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Two opponents each round. Number of rounds still not really determined. I figure by doing two opponents per round, it may help things keep moving forward.

Now finding the best way to keep score will be a chore. I imagine a spreadsheet will work best.

4. Wediafom24

Wediafom24 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Student
    Asmara, Eritrea
    Psst:p

5. ivwshane

ivwshane Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2011
    Ok, I've sent my opponents invites (anam already accepted), so once we get the rules straight we will begin.

6. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    The rules for the actual matches are set as far as I'm aware. There has been no discussion of a character limit and we are set on doing 5 matches (not best of 5), with two points for a win and one point for a tie.

If there are any other suggestions, speak now or forever hold your peace.

7. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Welcome. I hear you have a killer Abel. He's one of my secondaries. Hope to check out some of your replays.

8. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    I edited the matchup post but want to make sure it doesn't get lost in the shuffle.

Keep in mind that the above names are the best I have at the moment. I can not confirm that all GC IDs are correct (and, in fact, I know that some are not correct since I checked on BN).

9. juls363

juls363 Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2012
    Can I join? I really wanna how I rank up against you guys..

10. D4Gamers

Feb 2, 2012

....Another tournament for you to troll and not show up for huh Juls.

11. D4Gamers

Feb 2, 2012
    So when can we begin?

12. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    We're underway as far as I'm concerned. Feel free to coordinate your matches through TA, BN or GC.

Pesonally, I'm still waiting to hear who my 2nd opponent will be from Crossfire (since I got matched up with the mystery man, unknown). Given that it looks to be Red Tiger or Alucard, I will have a hell of a tough time. And I have no idea who my other opponent is (Googai?) so will hopefully get that info soon. There are a couple of other players whose names I don't recognize or couldn't find on BN (Javier was one of them off the top of my head).

13. fffan7777

fffan7777 Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2011
    #53 fffan7777, Aug 28, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2012
    Haven't really been following but before starting, I think it's a good idea to reach a conclusion on the total # of rounds. This is for the sake of diminishing the possibility of controversies later on in case one team is down on pts but still close.

14. RaDiCaL_sLaShEr

RaDiCaL_sLaShEr Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2012
    US airforce
    planet mars
    jibbs about the lag issues lets put a 10secs connection test within that ten seconds its ok to quit if a player has a LAG, and for another player to try to send invite if its a good connection or not.. cause i know that LAG issues will always be there.. so that there will be no excuses at all..

15. RaDiCaL_sLaShEr

Apr 15, 2012
    US airforce
    planet mars
    i like your idea of doing this one.. great job

16. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    My thought was three rounds. More would be more fun but I'm concerned about people losing interest over time.

17. RaDiCaL_sLaShEr

Apr 15, 2012
    US airforce
    planet mars
    jibbs its official.. we have INSANITY for the last member.. so i think that we can proceed now

18. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Yeah, that makes sense. We're all reasonable people and it's not like there's money on the line. We should be able to work out those issues.

Can you look into who my opponents will be? One was still up in the air earlier and the other is a name I don't recognize. Thanks.

19. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Tough Sagat. At least I think I'm already friends with him on GC.

20. vVv Insaniity

vVv Insaniity Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2012
    if not ill sent you friend request again Jibba im free now! invite me when u can ill be free Luck!