SFIV Volt Tourney - TouchArcade v. Crossfire*

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Jibba, Aug 28, 2012.

1. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    #1 Jibba, Aug 28, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2012
    Welcome everyone to the SFIV Volt Tourney between the TouchArcade veterans and the up-and-coming Team Crossfire. We are still working out some of the final kinks, but the team rosters are as follows:

*Due to the Battle Network hacking, Team Crossfire lost numerous members and has added non-team members to even up the tournament teams.

I will be making edits to this thread and working out the kinks while we prepare to get the tourney started. Please help me out by letting me know your GC ID (or that of your team members) if it differs from what I have above. Also, if you want to join the tourney, or notice someone that was inadvertantly left off the lists, please notify me as soon as possible. Thanks.

Rules

At the present time, the plan is to use a round robin format with random draws for opponents. We will have a limited, but currently undetermined number of rounds. Participants will not be expected to play each and every player on the opposing team.

The format will require five matches against your opponent, with each win counting for two points and each tie counting for one point. This is not a best of five format. You will play all five matches with a minimum score of zero and a maximum score of ten.

The tournament will run for a predetermined number of rounds. Each round will be made up of two matchups with players from the opposing team.

If you are unable to play your opponent due to time zone differences, lag or some other reason beyond your control, please post here so we can try to find a solution as soon as possible.

It is presumed that people know who their matchups are and will know that invitations are for the tourney. With that said, however, please note in your GC invite that your friendly request is for the tourney.

Replays

Replays are encouraged but not required. If you choose to upload replays, please have some courtesy toward your opponent in doing so.

Disconnects

It goes without saying that quitting or intentionally disconnecting is not acceptable in this tourney. In case it should happen, we will take both sides into consideration and make a neutral determination. We have never had a problem with quitting or disconnecting in the past and I fully expect this to be the case with this tournament.

Good luck and have fun everyone!

2. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    #2 Jibba, Aug 28, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2012
    I used Random.org to come up with the matchups. It was kind of a pain in the ass so I listed them below. If you're on Crossfire*, you should be listed twice. Please let mek now ASAP if there is a problem.

Also, since I did not have the final member of Crossfire*, I just used the name "unknown" until we get it squared away. If there are any last minute signups, we'll figure something out. Good luck!

3. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Reserved for results.

4. RaDiCaL_sLaShEr

RaDiCaL_sLaShEr Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2012
    US airforce
    planet mars
    thanks jibbs for making this one.. i just posted the link for my players

5. RaDiCaL_sLaShEr

RaDiCaL_sLaShEr Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2012
    US airforce
    planet mars
    RADICAL_SLASH3R my GC ID

6. SaXxO*

SaXxO* Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2012
    Crossfire

Bros I am SaXxO* from Team crossfire. Thank you for giving time to play with us along with Crossfire BN listed members. My GC I.D. Is SaXxO*

7. IWinYouRageQuit

Aug 28, 2012
    My gc id : IWinYouRageQuit

8. Manuaa88

Manuaa88 Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2012
    Jordan
    #8 Manuaa88, Aug 28, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2012
    My GC ID is : MANUAA88. (capital letters)

9. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    I love that these tourneys bring in new (to TA at least) players. Good to see you guys. Thanks for posting your GC ID. I cut and pasted them into the first post.

10. SaXxO*

SaXxO* Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2012
    Bro Jibba may i know if the TA member names listed are their GC ID's as well? Thanks

11. MrX1688

MrX1688 Member

Aug 28, 2012
    Hi Guys,
    I am Xing.
    My GC id = MrX1688

I hope everybody have fun with this tourney. And hope to see many good replays!

12. ANAM-X2

ANAM-X2 New Member

Aug 28, 2012
    UK
    Dudes I am ANAM-X2 from Team ❌crossfire❌Thank you for giving time to play along with ❌Crossfire❌BN listed members. My GC #ANAM-X2
    Have fun everyone.

13. D4Gamers

D4Gamers Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2012
    Im "D4Gamerz" With a Z now Jibba. :)

14. D4Gamers

D4Gamers Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2012
    Cool, I played you yesterday. GG's man. Good luck in the tournament! :D

15. khoipro1

khoipro1 Member

Aug 28, 2012
    MY GC ID : khoipro1
    Good Tournament!

16. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    I'm working on it. The names in the initial post will hopefully be the GC IDs by the time I'm through. For example, I have psxsquall listed above, but his TA name if fffan7777. I don't have all GC IDs yet though.

17. ANAM-X2

ANAM-X2 New Member

Aug 28, 2012
    UK
    Dudes I am ANAM-X2 from Team ❌crossfire❌Thank you for giving time to play along with ❌Crossfire❌BN listed members. My GC #ANAM-X2
    Have fun everyone.

18. DoctaMario

DoctaMario Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    What's going on guys? I'm kinda excited about this tourney. My GCID is DoctaMario

That is all

19. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Welcome MrX. I always enjoy matchups with your Honda. If it wasn't ranked, I'd love to get some practice in the Abel/Honda matchup. It's a fun matchup but I don't do very well in it.

20. rshkhsee

rshkhsee Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Blashyrkh
    Im Burnt Identity, I main Guile and secondary Vega.