Universal Severed (by DrinkBox Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Alex Wolf

Alex Wolf Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
    Ty :)

2. Alex Wolf

Dec 5, 2010
    Butis it possible in one move?

3. HippoHumper

HippoHumper Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2013
    To be totally honest I only bought this game in the hopes it would do well and they'd put Guacamelee On iOS but I can't believe how amazing this game is. The combat and controls are perfect for the platform and what has really impressed me is the story and the world they've created. It's so eerie and beautiful at the same going from fight to fight is a joy in and of itself. While I still hope to see
    Guacamelee in the App Store some day if I only have this game I'm already a happy gamer.

4. NightmareCC

NightmareCC Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2014

No that's not possible.
    You have to cut each limb separately.
    Following the yellow guidelines is also important!

Gesendet von meinem iPad mit Tapatalk

5. razorracer83

razorracer83 Well-Known Member

Yeah. It's a balancing act between speed and precision. Every monster should give you no problems, except the ones with four arm cuts. You don't get enough time even with max time bonus, unless you are both quick and precise with your cuts, or you flail your finger like a madman and manage to cut all four arms in the process.

6. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Just Platinumed this game on Vita and I enjoyed it from start to finish; possibly even more than I did Guacamele, which surprised me somewhat. Some of those sky battles were damned tough, but worth it. :)

I don't have much experience with these first person, Dungeon Master type games. I played and enjoyed Quest Lord on iOS and... that's it. If someone in the know can point out the best of these types of games on iOS I'd appreciate it. :)

Easy decision to purchase the iOS version too; props to DrinkBox for the port, I hope it does well for them.

7. NightmareCC

NightmareCC Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2014
    Did you check Legend of Grimrock?
    The quest was also released for iPad last week!

Gesendet von meinem SM-N915FY mit Tapatalk

8. davidovich

davidovich Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    If anyone is wondering, the new update out today fixes the red line issue, caused from using a zoomed view on the iPhone. The guys at Drinkbox were so helpful and even emailed directly to let me know about the fix. I love these guys. Now, back to cutting off some limbs#.

9. DrinkBox Studios

DrinkBox Studios New Member

Aug 4, 2016
    Toronto
    Hey all - DrinkBox Studios here - just wanted to pop online to this thread and say thanks for all the amazing Severed support, we 100% appreciate it.

:D

10. dudleywigley

dudleywigley Member

Oct 31, 2013
    Game of the year so far for me! I'm getting my ass kicked on the far side of the bridge at the Citadel. I know its probably obvious but I can't work out how to defeat the attack pattern from the tree/veiny covered in eyeballs thing. Up til now I've waited to freeze them but now they are souped up, that laziness won't cut it... Can someone help?

11. stlredbird

stlredbird Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    #111 stlredbird, Aug 5, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
    Yok im stuck at 99% on den of crows. Theres a question mark on L1 i cant figure out.

Edit: nevermind got it

Attached Files:

12. Alex Wolf

Dec 5, 2010
    What is your playtime?

13. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Got this when it first came out and played for about 20-30 minutes and haven't played again until today. To say this game is good is an understatement. It is phenomenal. Definitely GotY contender.

14. chronosz

chronosz Well-Known Member

May 24, 2016
    couldnt agree more fang

15. Alex Wolf

Dec 5, 2010
    Yep ... It truly is a masterpiece .. Really addicted to this

16. phred

phred Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    For what its worth, I completed the game (100 percent exploration and secrets) and it took about 8.5 hours.

17. subgenius

subgenius Well-Known Member

May 30, 2014
    Hey stlredbird, if you're still stuck the trick to that room is
    go inside the question mark room and close the gates on either side of you, that will open up a hidden wall

Oh, and I agree this game is amazing! I finished everything up yesterday and enjoyed it thoroughly. While not incredibly challenging, there were a couple battles that took me a few tries and some planning to get through. The atmosphere is unmatched overall, definitely one of the best experiences on IOS yet.

18. henrycupcake

henrycupcake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2015
    Can highly rate - would be awesome if they updated it with a random roguelike mode!
    i was thinking about that too. maybe they can add in some dungeons, etc. with random generation. would be awesome.
    but in this state it is already a masterpiece. i love everything about this game.

19. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #119 Vovin, Aug 18, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
    CONTAINS MEGA SPOILERS

Don'r read before you finished the game first time and archieved true ending.

Ok, finished it. Best game on iOS since a long time, didn't play this before. What happened? Bandits raided the home. Mother fought back and lost. Dad most likely died first after he told the kids to hide. Brother ran off but got caught. You fight back to save him. Have cut arm off because of this. You faint out from blood loss. Your brother gets killed.

The arm stump. Beeding all time, but heals in the end. You seem to be in a dream-like state, like a coma.

The bosses.
    Crow is anger. At the loss of her brother. She couldnt save him. That why the crow pictures showed she was trying to help the smaller crow, but failed. She transformed.

Crystal monster is despair. Her dad was most likely the kind and caring one of her parents. Mom was a warrior and demanding trainer. Dad is frozen and stuck, when you find him. You were daddy's girl and he never wanted you to leave.

Dragon means fear, representing the raiders. Three heads of the dragon means the three raiders. It laughs at you throughout the whole fight. The bandits where probably laughing as they left her for dead.

Your arm is your rage.

The Wanderer could be anybody. Probably a person who lost a loved one, too. You see it in the end when you block her strike. She talked about her love in her house before.

Ultimately, the ruined home represents your broken world, sad memories.

And the toothy guy? I don't know. Hope, maybe? He's loyal, never betrays or misleads you. He don't seems to care if you stay or leave.

The game seems to be about going through the five stages of grief over a death.

20. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    I'm making great progress through the maps overall, but it's a bit disconcerting (as a completionist) to go through areas and have all these secrets undiscovered. Other than the obvious situations like locks you can cut off or glowing wall panels, am I missing a mechanic that locates these secrets? Are you supposed to just be swiping at random stuff?