Universal Severed (by DrinkBox Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Rangerlump

Rangerlump Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2010
    Dumb question. Is a 6plus metal enabled? (Not 6s)

2. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    A visit to Wikipedia:

"Metal is available for iOS devices using the Apple A7 or later"

"Both models (note: iPhone 6 and 6 Plus) include an Apple A8 system-on-chip, and an M8 motion co-processor—an update of the M7 chip from the iPhone 5s."

I guess you get the answer by now.

3. senkoujin

senkoujin Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2013
    Works on iOS 8.0 and higher

Severed is compatible with iOS 8.0 or higher.
    If you want to record gameplay, you will need ReplayKit and a Metal-enabled device running iOS 9 or higher.

4. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    Ok everyone I'm not asking this but for any reason other than my work has such shitty connection in the building. Usually sits on 1-3 bars of 4G not even LTE. Does this game require Internet to play? I don't want to go through my whole data plan playing this at work (;
    Thanks in advance,
    I downloaded it anyways but would like some clarification on the internet thing.

Can't wait to rip into this one!

5. Milotorou

Milotorou Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    No internet needed, this is a single player experience.

6. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I actually don't pay for Internet only games but yeah this doesn't require Internet, totally offline!

As a side note it doesn't burn battery like crazy (like I thought it might) and the file size is quite small (about 230mb). Great job with the port! Only thing that worries me now is the length :p

7. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Got it! Now to play it for first time
    Too many good reviews on here not to grab it
    Looks amazing from the videos I've seen

8. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Majorly impressed! Love the graphics and the old school adventure game style of movement. I have only played so just wondering is it same every time or randomly generated.

9. Sash-O

Sash-O Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2015
    Germany
    Wow! That's a good way to start the day!
    Instant download for me!:D
    Thanks for the release!!!:)##

10. AppWhore

AppWhore Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2008
    It's on the ground floor, the most south east you can go. If you zoom out the map you'll see an island, the crystal door is on the mainland just above that island. I think it has a green monster icon when it's locked.
    Shouldn't be a spoiler as that's where you start so it should be on the map already.

11. Gambler

Gambler Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    According to Apple all of the following are Metal enabled devices:

iPhone 6s
    iPhone 6s Plus
    iPhone SE
    Apple A9 GPU
    ----
    iPhone 6
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Apple A8 GPU
    ---
    iPhone 5s
    Apple A7 GPU
    ---
    iPad Pro (12.9-inch) Wi-Fi
    iPad Pro (12.9-inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular
    iPad Pro (9.7-inch) Wi-Fi
    iPad Pro (9.7-inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular
    Apple A9 GPU
    ---
    iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi
    iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular
    Apple A8 GPU
    ---
    iPad Air Wi-Fi
    iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular
    Apple A7 GPU
    ---
    iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi
    iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular
    Apple A8 GPU
    ---
    iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi
    iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular
    iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi
    iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular
    Apple A7 GPU
    ---
    iPod Touch (6th generation)
    Apple A8 GPU

12. Gambler

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    #52 Gambler, Jul 29, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
    Amazing game. Hard to put down, hard to put into a genre (Infinity Blade meets Dungeon Crawler meets Resident Evil? - Last one mostly due to all the different doors and keys in the game :) ). Anyway, having a real blast with this one.

A lot of people probably won't agree with me on this but for me the last few weeks have been quite a dry streak iOS gaming wise - Except Day of the Tentacle I've played through at least 10 times since 1993 though and the Love You To Bits Update which alas was over too fast, after it "only" being two levels (Grateful for every new level of this little gem just saying they were over pretty quickly) there was pretty much nothing that caught my fancy and I buyed/tried quite a few games. Quiet summertime?

Back to Severed: No iAP whatsoever is another big plus so here's to hoping DrinkBox gets good sales for this exciting game.

13. gmattergames

gmattergames Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Silly question: Exiting the first area, minimap summary says 0/1 secrets found and 29% explored, do you return to areas later, because either I'm just not very good, or you do return; after searching and researching, I can't find the first secret of the game. :(

14. Petrojinx

Petrojinx Member

Jul 29, 2016
    Norwalk - CT
    Wow! Amazing game.
    I bought it yday. Its kinda Legend of Grimrock + Infinity Blade + Fruit Ninja mashup.
    Totally worth it.

15. Glancr

Glancr Member

May 7, 2009
    Teeny Titans was great!

16. skylerolson

skylerolson Active Member

May 21, 2009
    Teeny Titans was awesome. Didn't get a chance to finish it before this stole my attention. I'll probably come back to that after I finish Severed. 2016 is already looking a lot better than 2015 as far as new releases go in my opinion!

17. Gambler

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    #57 Gambler, Jul 29, 2016
    Stopped playing for today, not exactly sure what you mean (been through a few areas, found three heart pieces but sounds you're a bit farther).

Thanks to the game already been released on PS VITA this should help though:

Just made a search and if you need help there's a nice site with a full playthrough (23x 20-30 minute Video parts). Link: http://www.gameanyone.com/game/VITA/88383.html

Sorry I couldn't give you assistance to the exact problem at hand but hope this helps nonetheless. :)

18. Gambler

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    #58 Gambler, Jul 29, 2016
    You're absolutely correct. Forgot about that. Teeny Titans is great (here's to hoping for a new content update soon). Was already released 5 weeks ago though ;) - Also the game is very easy, 100 percented within half a day.

Not complaining, after all that's a great Return on Investment for 4 bucks but it was just over so soon, especially with no other games to play - Wouldn't have minded 90 heroes more to collect :D

But still shame on me for forgetting TT :)

19. AppWhore

AppWhore Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2008
    Yes you can go back anytime from your house and you're meant to because, like Zelda, you get items at the end of dungeouns that allow you to open 'that door I had no idea how to open' which then gives you extras. #

20. Press2Play

Press2Play Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2012
    Bussinessman
    Philippines
    Yeah just checked my vita ps store and they have bundled Guacamelee, Mutant blob attacks and severed.I have guacamelee on ps3, mba on vita and I think I will get this for my phone.