Setting the "Availability Day" on the day the "Ready for Sale" email arrives not work

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by karlth, Sep 30, 2009.

1. jclardy

jclardy Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2008
    I see AClapBoard as the third app in the Photography section. What time did you receive the email? The release date will be based off of PST, so keep that in mind. Also to the people who don't see their app, try looking on a different computer or iPhone/iPod Touch, as iTunes tries to cache everything and will not truly refresh unless you give it a few hours.

Edit: Also another thing I noticed, the time the email is sent does not always correlate to the time the app was approved, which sucks. For one of my updates I saw that it was approved in iTunes Connect but didn't get an email until the next day!

2. rdklein

rdklein Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2009
    sw developer, tv producer, hw developer (microcodi
    Munich
    it was around 1am30 todday, but you are right US time is then based on 12th oct.
    Good news its visible - it might have taken some delay. Strange that the first 13th oct was visible before.

3. karlth

karlth Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2009
    Iceland
    The last two updates have worked so hopefully this was just a temporary glitch.

4. jclardy

jclardy Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2008
    An update to my app SwiftBrowserSE was just approved earlier today. I had already set the release date to today this morning. It showed up near the top of utilities a few hours later.

I still want to know how some apps get up their really fast. Some apps show todays date in the morning hours while mine don't typically show up till later.. Usually I get approval email at around 3 PM EST so my apps don't get exposure until around 6 PM which kind of sucks as you lose most of the first day.

5. MrBlue

MrBlue Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2008
    iPhone Developer
    Got email at 5:40pm, changed release date at 10pm, now showing up at 2:00am.