Universal Serial Cleaner! (by East2west Network Tech. Co. Ltd.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jun 19, 2019.

1. malaheart

malaheart Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Male
    Angel
    Melbourne, Australia
  2. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    #22 Son of Anarchy, Jun 21, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
    The price just went way down on this one, not sure why or how long it’ll last.

ste86uk likes this.
  3. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Oo that’s a much more tempting price for me considering I know nothing about it. The only review on my store says the controls are horrible. Anyone able to confirm or deny?

I see pocket gamer give it a pretty poor review.

4. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    That review was a little unfair and two of its biggest complaints I actually agree with. I think the reviewer is not familiar with stealth games.

I like the randomized levels and the difficulty of avoiding guards.
    The one thing that holds me back is controls.
    Wonky controls can be fixed.

ste86uk likes this.
  5. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    So you think it’s worth a shot at its new price and hope that they fix the controls?

6. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    #26 Son of Anarchy, Jun 21, 2019
    There’s an excellent game here but it’s hiding behind some imprecise touch controls. As we all know, in a stealth game you need the controls to be pretty good, I deleted it after two levels because I could see I’d get way too frustrated going further. I know tomorrow though that I’ll download and try it again because my brain really wants to like it.

As Kekhan said, wonky controls can be fixed, I’ll cross my fingers and hope the devs at least consider tweaking them (& maybe adding screen rotation) because I really like the theme and ideas they’ve got going here.

And to answer your question, at this price it was easily worth it to me (in the hopes of a control fix) but at the original selling price I would’ve been upset.

ste86uk likes this.
  7. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Got it in hopes of a fix. Have too many games in the backlog anyway. But at $2 couldn’t resist.

ste86uk likes this.
  8. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Ha same

9. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    While the refund conversation in here is certainly off-topic and will be cleared later today, I hate to say this is the first refund I've asked for in at least a couple of years. Not only is the price-drop unjust and unwarranted after having had this pre-ordered for a month, and the controls are absolutely wonky and make this MUCH harder than it already is, there's one thing that kills this entirely for me: the muted colors, combined with dark levels make this unplayable for someone with color blindness. :( Take that into consideration if you have color blindness and are on the fence with the price-drop.

10. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    The controls are horrible.

11. Lull4by

Lull4by Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    #31 Lull4by, Jun 21, 2019
    Guys, I just found that the game is working on my Nimbus MFI controller, and I have no problem with controlling the character, so if you have a MFI controller, give it a try since it just have a launch sale!

X for picking up/putting down the corpse
    A for taking things and hiding
    Left trigger for the map
    Right trigger for the cleaner

PS: Even you don't have a MFI controller, you still can purchase the game if you have a XBOX/PS4 controller, you can use them to play the game after the iOS 13 out!

Skall likes this.
  12. phred

phred Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Good game, but the touch controls aren't great. I hope they fix it in an update. (I compare this with one of my old favorites, Robbery Bob, which had really good touch controls)

13. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Not to continue harping on it but the refund thing is unique to the EU. A few years ago they passed a law that companies had to offer guaranteed refunds within 14 days. I'd be curious what the process would be like if someone in the EU tried to refund something they bought more than 14 days ago.

14. Skall

Skall Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Thank u for the update

15. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    60 or 90 days, it’s offered for. I think the former. Steam is 14 days.

16. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    And +1 to that. Ftr! The price drop was the final straw on a game that wasn’t engaging me (loved the theme but actual gameplay felt generic) and whose controls were just shite.