Sequel to Chain Link Pro by Software Beyond Limits

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Vexorg, Jan 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vexorg

Vexorg Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2009
    iPhone Developer
    #1 Vexorg, Jan 10, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
    [​IMG]

Chain Link Pro 2 is the long awaited sequel to the Apple featured game, Chain Link Pro. Offering a new twist to the match-three puzzler genre, it's a fun face-paced mix of strategy and quick reflexes. Create crazy long chains of similar shapes while dodging and scoring without crashing into obstacles. The game will be released in March for $0.99 as a universal app for iOS.

Chain Link Pro 2 is simple to play, just glide one finger across the screen to link similar colored shapes together and navigate the chain into the center vortex to score. Forming longer chains increases the difficulty of avoiding collisions but also rewards you with more points. Complete in-game quests to unlock 17 unique chain power-ups to ensure survivability and maximize points, ranging from miniature chains to multi-colored chains to chain invincibility. Six unique game modes offer interesting gameplay variations for hours of enjoyment.

UNIQUE GAME MODES
    • Static game mode - Shapes are created on a static grid and don't move. Clear the screen by chaining around the maze of other colorful shapes without getting too close.
    • Arcade game mode - Always moving shapes that appear from the top or bottom of the screen.
    • Timed game mode - Race against the clock to earn enough points to add additional play time. Collisions subtract points but don't end the game.
    • Hyper Chain - Score as high as possible in 60 seconds. Contains faster spawning power-ups and multiplier awards. This is super addicting, make sure you check it out!
    • Chain Pattern - Offers a different spin on game play - connect shapes in the same order as the pattern displayed at the top of the screen.
    • Chain Entity - Collecting shapes will increase the size of the main shape and start pulling non-matching shapes towards it. Score before your shape gets too big to control.

QUEST SYSTEM
    Earn and complete quests for extra points and unlock new power-ups.

EARN LEVELS
    Level up through the chain ranks and unlock new game modes and extra lives.

SCORE MULTIPLIERS
    • Speedster - Make a chain fast - multiplier increases as you do consecutive speed chains.
    • Repeater - Score repeated times with the same type of chain.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. brerlappin

brerlappin Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2009
    Nice, can't wait to try the new version. Hopefully a sequel to Shape Shifter is coming too :D

3. Vexorg

Vexorg Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2009
    iPhone Developer
    Hey brerlappin, it's been a long time and I'm glad to see you're still active in the community here. I'll add you to the list (with LordGek) as the two people who have requested a sequel to Shape Sifter, heh. We'll see how receptive people are to the Chain Link Pro sequel first though before making those grand plans. I started working on a gameplay video for CLP2 so I hope to post that soon.

4. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    OH WOW! I loved this game back in the day! Bring it!!!!

5. Vexorg

Vexorg Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2009
    iPhone Developer
    I updated the first post with a game play video. I'll love to hear everyone's feedback on the video. The sequel gives you more room to make those long chains and the physics has been greatly improved to allow better control over dragging the chain and avoiding collisions. Plus new HD graphics giving the game a cleaner look and hundreds of other changes that were designed to improve over the original in every way.

6. Vexorg

Vexorg Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2009
    iPhone Developer
    Updated first post with a new description, release date and more screenshots. I'd love to hear what people think, especially from people who played the original back in the day.

7. Vexorg

Vexorg Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2009
    iPhone Developer
    Chain Link Pro 2 has been approved by Apple. We're currently in the quality testing phase so I'm looking for a few extra folks to provide feedback on the current state of the game. If you're willing to provide some feedback, just reply here and I'll send you a promo code that will let you download a free copy of the game and try it out before it's released to the app store.

8. uFinKnow

uFinKnow Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2014
    I would be interested in trying it out and provide some feedback if you are still looking. Thanks

9. Vexorg

Vexorg Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2009
    iPhone Developer
    We have a few more remaining slots open, just reply back to this thread if you'll like to get early access to the game and provide some feedback in return.

10. kopicha

kopicha Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2015
    IT
    looks awesome, will give it a shot!

11. Vexorg

Vexorg Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2009
    iPhone Developer
    #11 Vexorg, Mar 6, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2015
    We have some promo codes to give away that will let you download a free copy of Chain Link Pro 2 and try it out before it's released to the app store. Edit: All codes have been given out.