iPad Seperate Promo forum?

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Zetaspawn, Jan 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zetaspawn

Zetaspawn Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Now I have only been posting for a few days, but I have been roaming around for months and I have noticed something.

Promo code threads get instantly huge and are very often at the top of the thread list long after the codes have been given away.

I have a suggestion that could fix a couple things.
    There be a seperate section where promo codes and promo beggars can go.
    That way those threads can stop spamming regular sections and promo beggars can have free reign to beg on that section alone and absolutely no begging elsewhere on the site.

Just wanted your guys' input on the situation.

2. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=3607

[/threadclosed]

3. Zetaspawn

Jan 11, 2009
    Oh... Sorry for reposting I guess.... Except looks like pretty much everyone agrees but nothing has happened?

4. different

different Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Fixed your topic. :)

5. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    oh the irony. Im not even gonna point it out.

6. Zetaspawn

Jan 11, 2009
    Ok never mind then geez.... They do it anyways so I just figured give them a spot to do it so nevermind. I don't really appreciate someone changing my words. Go ahead and close this mod. Aparently I hit a nerve with this forum.

7. pante

pante Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    somewhere
    wait a minute. i think that it's a very good idea. people are joining touch arcade forum just for promo codes - and that's not good for all of us.

8. games42

games42 Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    promo codes are awesome!!! keep them here!!! it makes the thread exciting!!!

9. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    what do you mean you hit a nerve? all i did was point out the irony....

For those of you that dont get it this is posted in the "games" sub forum

10. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    nobody said it was a bad idea, It just was discussed b4 in another thread.

11. games42

Dec 28, 2008
    seems like you keep "hitting nerves" with your posts so maybe try to chill and have fun here.

12. pante

pante Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    somewhere
    but mostly people are not talking about games but about promo codes. separate forum would help in this case.

13. Palfince

Palfince Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2008
    England
    I think that there should be a separate forum for promo codes mainly because they don't work in the UK and therefore clutter up this forum for me. That's what I think, although I'm new here...

14. Zetaspawn

Jan 11, 2009
    Well all that happened was it got discussed. I understand forums are for discussing stuff but maybe actually someone with the power to do so should weigh in on actually getting it done.

15. different

different Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    I'm from the UK too. I just ignore the threads. ;)

16. games42

Dec 28, 2008
    #16 games42, Jan 11, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2009
    are you from the US? I can understand that it clutters stuff up for people living outside the USA...although I don't see what the big deal is really....it's not like there are 5-10 promo threads! there are hardly ever a handful but just now with the MASSIVE spore giveaway it's a temporary problem....but really I don't see why so many people are getting bent over it! It's fun and I find it ironic that in a forum that discusses GAMES that so many would be against.......a GAME!!!

17. Zetaspawn

Jan 11, 2009
    I guess it has something to do with me seeming a lot more serious than I am. Most you guys are great. Hopefully once people get to know me a little better my style of typing is better understood. Not meaning to cause problems here guys. Sorry.

18. pante

pante Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    somewhere
    we are not talking about not posting promo codes threads at all, but to make another separate forum for them. this one would be more clear, and the new one would help people that want to Win or Get promos.

19. Zetaspawn

Jan 11, 2009
    No I am in the US I just think all the promo stuff is large enough and busy enough to warrant a seperate sub forum. And people should be able to choose whether or not they want to race for a promo or just hang out in the regular forums and talk. Just sounds like a good idea.

20. games42

Dec 28, 2008
    i think a chat room would be cool