Separating new games and existing game threads

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by thumbs07, Nov 4, 2020.

1. thumbs07

thumbs07 Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    UK
    It would be good to see a new games area and existing games area. I mean I come here and I want to quickly browse through what games over the last month have had buzz, and people talking about it. But instead you come here and the iphone games forum page is bloated with games from 7 years ago, or 3 years ago and it's not very helpful.

2. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Be way too much hassle in order to keep moving threads every week or so from one place to the other

The games section is also a good place to see what games are popular. I know that’s not always the case as some replies to a once dead thread don’t help but if you keep checking the forum it’s easy to see what games have been around a while and what games are new

3. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    If you scroll down towards the bottom of the page of the iOS games forum there's a "Thread Display Options" tab and if you sort by "Thread creation time" it will list all the game threads from newest to oldest. Going through about 4 pages of that would give you the past month's worth of game releases.

Alternatively you could just bookmark this link: https://toucharcade.com/community/forums/iphone-and-ipad-games.2/?order=post_date

Also, although it doesn't work quite as well as it used to due to Apple changing how their API works, the Hot Games section is filled with mostly the newer and more heavily talked about games: https://toucharcade.com/hot-games/

4. thumbs07

thumbs07 Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    UK
    Oh that's good, thanks