Universal Sentinels of the Multiverse (by Handlelabra Studio LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ojtitus, Oct 15, 2014.

1. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Heads up!

Nasty Spite Bug, probably best to avoid him for now.

Spite is a bit broken and, as far as I can tell it isn't a problem until he flips, it is very possible to get him into an endless loop there is no way to escape short of a hard exit from the app (he was trying to apply damage but Haka's Ground Pound prevented him from causing any damage at which point I'd see the message AGAIN that he was attempting to damage us and again that Haka's Ground Pound prevented this damage, etc. in an endless loop). The devs are now aware of this issue and, from what I read in other forums, this endless loop from Spite can be triggered by other hero abilities as well, so it seems to be based on blocking the damage of his flipped form. It will be fixed in the next iOS update and no clue if it is an issue in the other platforms.

2. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    no plan on iphone version?after getting iphone 6+ i rarely lug my ipad mini

3. Drakeer Melkhor

Drakeer Melkhor Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2010
    Freelance
    Spain
    This is an amazing game, I bought it because I love card games, but I wan't expecting how high quality this app is.

The gameplay is very engaging and it is very easy to get into, because the tutorial is very helpful.

I also really like how the game tries to emulate a real comic, it is very well made and the UI is very simple and effective.

My only complain would be the lack of achivements and statistics. As a solo game, it would be great to have hard challenges to overcome! I can think several that would be very fun to achieve! I hope the developers will add achievements and stats in the future.

To sum up, I think is one of the best solo games I have ever tried until now, totally worth the asking price.

I hope that Apple will help them to promote the game inside the AppStore, because I think is getting overpassed for many people that would love to play it.

4. CoreyB

CoreyB Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    Aircraft Mechanic
    Chicago, IL
    Anyone know how to unlock the varients of the new characters?

5. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    At this point the devs have admitted to how 2 of the 3 new ones are unlocked:

http://sentinelsdigital.com/variants.html

6. Duranki

Duranki Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2011
    This was on my wish list for a long time, and the recent sale got me to take the plunge. Very, very glad I did! The game completely consumed several business flights. Even managed to unlock variants for Tachyon and Bunker without trying.

One of the things I was very surprised by is how in-depth each character's back stories are. I had assumed the references to issue numbers were just flavor text, to give the impression there's a rich comic universe to draw these guys from. But after a while I started wondering...is there? I pride myself on being a comic nerd, so I would THINK I'd have heard of Sentinel comics before now. Either way, good on the game creators for making me wonder!

Do all the heroes and villains have one variant, save for Legacy, who appears to have two? Cool to see that the variants aren't just cosmetic and change the gameplay a bit.

I'm sure the devs get asked this a lot, so apologies, but here goes anyway: are there any plans for achievements? I could normally care less about game achievements on any platform, but the game HAS achievements on the Sentinels of the Multiverse website. I think it would give the game extra legs!

7. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    Achievement and iphone 6+ version please....

8. Hpmor

Hpmor Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2014
    I think scenarios / a campaign are even more important than achievements. After all, they already exist on the Internet but as they change the rules slightly, you cannot play them with the digital SOTM. I love the expansion and have them all so far, but a campaign would be better than a new expansion IMHO.

9. CoreyB

CoreyB Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    Aircraft Mechanic
    Chicago, IL
    How exactly would a campaign work in this game?

10. Hpmor

Hpmor Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2014
    You can find them for the analog version. Essentially a sequence of fights with given heroes and enemies and a storyline to hold it together - e.g. You have to rescue heroes that are taken prisoner and unlock them in the campaign.

11. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I know a couple of years ago friends playing the real life version not only had an ongoing campaign but some sort of experience system in which the heroes could earn perks to use in future battles (fairly minor passive effects or abilities usable at will but only once per session). I think they picked up these homebrew rules from BGG but I can't find it now.

12. Duranki

Duranki Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2011
    Has Infernal Relics shipped for iOS yet?

13. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Infernal Relics update is now up!

14. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    For those of you fellow lazy SotM players who want the variants with out all of the tricky hoop jumping, the codes to unlock all of the new variant villains and heroes introduced in the last expansion are now officially posted:

http://sentinelsdigital.com/variants.html

15. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Fantastic news for those of us who ended up putting the game into a growing backlog!

16. Woodrith

Woodrith Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2014
    Hooaah
    Outerbounds
  17. Hpmor

Hpmor Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2014
    What a shame that they have to remove the unlock codes - I fought my way through the first unlocks but was happy with the codes for the later extensions. I thought it was an exceptionally clever solution...

18. Woodrith

Woodrith Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2014
    Hooaah
    Outerbounds
    I just wish App Store approval process was a little bit more consistent...... I still can't wait for multiplayer on this though!

19. Hpmor

Hpmor Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2014
    Update is live. Having to re download every expansion is king of tedious hope this gets fixed with more and more of them coming out...maybe this would have been easier with the season pass.

20. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Shattered Timelines has dropped (has Friday come early this week)?