Universal Sentinels of the Multiverse (by Handlelabra Studio LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ojtitus, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    Yeah but then messages become tap to continue too which slows down the game to a crawl. There should be separate options for cards and messages.

Btw like the others I hope to see more expansions soon. This is a great game but the base set contains too few villains and environments.

2. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    This game drains my battery incredibly fast and causes my iPad to overheat (iPad 4), usually this only happens with games that are pushing the device or if the code is poorly optimized. The ridiculously inflated size of the app also indicates that this game needs some severe optimization.

3. Card

Card Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    Toronto Canada
  4. Card

Card Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    Toronto Canada
    How many extra heroes, villains and environments does the physical game have over the IOS game? Just wondering.

5. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    Combining all expansions the physical version has:

Heroes - 23
    Villains - 23
    Environments - 14

As compared to the 10 heroes, 4 villains and 4 environments in the app.

Source

6. Card

Card Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    Toronto Canada
    ^ wow that is a big difference. Thanks.

7. MigrantP

MigrantP Active Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Our plan was to launch with a great tablet experience that includes the core game, and go from there with updates. I am happy to have people playing the game, enjoying it, and letting us know what they think -- instead of not having any game because we waited to release it for years and years (hi Valve).

We are working on lots of new features and improvements, including performance & size optimizations.

We don't have timelines on expansions yet, but you are not going to be nickel & dimed. The expansions will be available just as they are packaged by Greater Than Games, starting with Rook City, then Infernal Relics, and so on. Mini expansions will be available too and we'll be talking more about them soon.

Additional platforms/form factors & multiplayer are things we're doing as well. This game is not a one shot pony, it'll be here for a long time and get better as we go!

Thanks for your feedback and we're looking forward to more!

8. Xaintrix

Xaintrix Well-Known Member

May 29, 2010
    Also, remember that there is advanced mode for all the villains that really ramps up the difficulty. While a pushover on normal, Baron Blade puts the hurt on in advanced too. Also the number of heroes you take really makes the experience very different. There is a ton of game in the core set. Omnitron Advanced still gives me nightmares to this day.

Sure I want my Unity and Argent Adept, but as a fan of the physical version paying about a third of the physical cost to get a great experience isn't something to sneeze at. I feel bad for the poor programmers since it must be like coding a whole Magic the Gathering app with each new expansion to come.

Unlike the yearly Magic apps though, I can safely say that with each expansion the game only gets better. So much so that I pre-ordered the new physical expansion which I rarely do for boardgames.

If you can't wait, go grab the physical game! They recently bundled their first two expansions in one box and with the core set is more game than most groups will ever play to exhaustion. Though if you do a big TIP: the Sentinels Sidekick app makes life waaaaaaaay easier than dealing with the cardboard tokens.

Ugh, sorry for sounding like an infomercial, but I'm really impressed with the game.

9. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Touch Arcade forums' Game of the Week nominee...
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Sentinels of the Multiverse was nominated for voting in Touch Arcade forums' Game of the Week to occur over the next three days. Participants may vote for their favorite release from the week of October 16. Developers may not vote for their own game, voters must be pre-existing Touch Arcade members.

Vote here --> http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?p=3379106

10. MigrantP

MigrantP Active Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Awesome, we are honoured to be nominated! Of course I hope that the fans here will vote for us. Thanks!

11. Hpmor

Hpmor Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2014
    Three stars review, that seems extreme :-(

12. miroa

miroa Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    Coming from Andrew, I am not surprised. People who want a proper review of a board game should go somewhere else.

So far, I have a good time. I had never played this game before, but the theme sold me.
    I did some research about which heroe was harder to learn, which villain was the hardest, and so on. I go easy to learn more about each hero, how they interact with each other. Don't do like me and chose Dawn with Mars as your environment for your second game... You will have a "good" time, trust me.

13. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    What!!! Only three stars are they insane,...?.?

Any plan to release the expansion pack?im already drooling for those packs.....
    And also if they could just bring down the installed size
    1.7gb is freakin a lot on my mini LOl

14. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    One victorious battle against Citizen Dawn took me down from 100% battery to 79%, the app really needs optimization.

Also, TA reviews are meaningless. The game needed more Avenged Sevenfold :)

15. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    @MigrantP
    Is there a way to flip character cards in the Multiverse card viewer?

16. Card

Card Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    Toronto Canada
    ^ I believe I read on BGG that they are working on enabling that.

17. Hpmor

Hpmor Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2014
    I am really loving this game, but I think it would profit from a campaign where you are introduced to the heroes etc. over time, especially with increasing difficulty - if you just hit random and lose it is hard to tell if this is due to an extra hard villain or a combo of heroes that is difficult.

Can someone point me to a campaign online that does not require the extensions and does not tweak the rules?

18. Lhonster

Lhonster Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Unfortunately still "unplayable" on an iPad2.

Tried to play last night with the latest update, but due to repeated slow downs in game play and then outright bombing the game started to drag on towards 2 hours....which is much longer than the game (or my patience) should last. :mad:

Hopefully the next update will address these issues.

19. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    Update 1.1 is out

Heads up Sentinels! This major update is chock full of great stuff that we’re happy to get into your hands!

First and foremost, SotM now includes unlockable variant (aka promo) cards! Four alternate heroes and two alternate villains are available at no extra charge - but you’ll have to be clever to unlock them.

We’ve packed this update with much more:
    - Games start with an awesome comic book style cut scene
    - New hero turn layout & animations make the turn order always clear
    - Read the flip side of character cards at any time
    - Hero & villain artwork is bigger and better laid out
    - Installed size is reduced by over 50%
    - Memory usage & performance optimizations
    - Many other fixes & improvements too numerous to list

20. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    So any speculation on how to unlock the promos? My best guess is it would be somehow based on recreating matchups based on the SotM lore, like ensuring a villain's arch nemesis is involved in the fight.