Universal Sentinels of the Multiverse (by Handlelabra Studio LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ojtitus, Oct 15, 2014.

1. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    Downloading…of course my MadCatz CTRLi arrived today so after mashing the buy button all day and getting nowhere I get home from work to my MadCatz and now this is available. Not enough time in the day!!

2. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

Thank you for this!

Question though, is there any chance this could ever be made to work for the 6 plus? I'm starting to move away from my iPad because of my plus and would love to have this on the go.

Please? With cream and my $10 on top? :D

3. duncanedi

duncanedi Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2010
    Montevideo, Uruguay
    I thought it would be a physical card with a code or something that you would input in the game and get a new character or new powers...

If its only physical its a pity i got one too... i mean i would leave it to the real life players...

4. anabolicMike

anabolicMike Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2013
    I bought this hours ago. It was up all day gonna get into it right nowski

5. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Another card game!!!! We're getting swamped by this genre.

6. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    No, we need more! Bring them on!

7. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

Ones of this quality, no doubt!

Bring on all the games that match this level of polish and pizazz, feel free to leave IAP-stuffed Freemium games in the trash, that's a genre that's far too full. So full, it's basically drowning out the gems and making it seem all that's available is the dregs.

This has more in common with Elder Signs and Ascension than your standard ccg, and that's damn good company to keep.

8. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    Yeah they should make more of the paid games
    free to play really doesnt work for me

id rather spent 10$ on this than 10$ on angry birds transformer jenga mode

amazing how they make the download size so tiny yet when it's installed it's like almost 2 gigs

finished download on my mini but will play it after back from work

9. NightmareCC

NightmareCC Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2014
    I totally admit here!
    Finding a good game can be hard nowadays

10. Tinsel

Tinsel Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    A few quick impressions:
    This is crashing a lot on my iPad 2. Rebooted, killed all other apps. and have plenty of room free on the device. Turning off sound and music seems to help, slightly. It is preceded by slowdown before the crash, aka a typical memory leak. Hopefully it can be corrected.

It crashed the first time in the tutorial, and I am unable to start the tutorial again (if I tap how to play, then start tutorial, it just starts the same game set-up, but no tutorial text comes up). I read through the ten or so pages of text explanation, and I'm not sure how good a job the tutorial does, but this is a complicated game and it's taking me a while to get comfortable with it (and, in comparison, I picked up Eclipse very quickly when playing it for the first time on the iOS version).

The music is great, there are some bugs, the comic book page transitions seem very clunky (might be much better on a retina display), and the game still confuses the beejeezus out of me. I'll definitely keep with it and hopefully there are some youtubes out there that can help.

11. PBSNellie

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    I did get it to crash once on me, but when I rebooted, it went straight to where I left off. Will need focus time this weekend to figure out how to play it!
    I usually never spend this much on a new release, but Jim Morrison's rec and the dev participation in keeping everyone updated convinced me. I do like the looks of it so far.

12. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    My main advise for getting this game or not is to check out all the info you can on the paper version. If the game itself appeals to you, then I can all but gurantee that you will love the digital version.

13. Xaintrix

Xaintrix Well-Known Member

May 29, 2010
    I own most of the physical version and now the digital version. Like games in general, this one isn't for everyone. It is a solid implementation of the physical game that reduces the tedious counter manipulation that I often used a digital companion app to manage.

That "fiddly" nature still comes across in the digital version not unlike a game of Magic where action order and targeting matters a great deal. Those who appreciate some complexity (as opposed to a simple numerical Top Trumps style combat) may enjoy this game.

What I appreciate most from the system is that each hero and villain feels unique. Tachyon (The Flash) is rewarded for speeding through her deck, Wraith has the tools for almost any situation provided you can access and setup, etc.

About the only board/card game I know where you feel like superpowered individuals. Marvel Legendary doesn't compare, though it too is a good game.

14. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    played this yesterday on no crashed whatsoever in my ipad mini 1st gen
    lovin the gameplay, it lil bit fast paced
    but expecting more visual effect or sumthin

the effect of page turn just not my thing,blurred and clunky
    but gameplay wise it's great :D

15. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    iosboardgames is currently streaming gameplay on twitch if anybody wants to check this out before buying it

16. PBSNellie

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    I like it (especially since its not ultra-metallic)..but I need some quiet time to explore it..Im into card games and am really glad that there are more good ones coming out.

17. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    I know this has just been released but are there any plans to release the expansions digital as well?

18. Xaintrix

Xaintrix Well-Known Member

May 29, 2010
    Last I read from their Facebook is that they didn't want to make any sort of commitment at this time - particularly when questioned about adding the promo card currently being offered into the digital game. If one stretches that to the expansions (which would be way more involved) I imagine they will if it makes financial sense to do so.

Let's hope it sells well! Rook City is the only one I don't have.

19. Hpmor

Hpmor Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2014
    Still on the fence. Any opinions from someone who has played more than a few games? How is the single player mode? I liked The campaign in Star Realms and Magic, How much variety is there in playing against the AI?

20. Dragan

Dragan Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Belgium
    Also waiting for a review and more opinions, especialy the single player experience.