Sennheiser HD650 Headphones - $315 at adorma

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by pluto6, Nov 19, 2014.

1. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    A special sale at Adorama - these are expensive, but arguably some of the best headphones ever made.

here is the link

The link should be correct - or go to slick deals.net and get the link from there. If you go directly to Adorama and search for them, they come up regular price of $499.

These are open ear, and relatively high impedance, so really you need a good headphone amp for the best performance, but these are usually on most audiophile top 10 lists for headphones. They almost never go on sale, and if they do it is from normal price of $499 to maybe $450.

2. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    I have the hd598 and got them for 250 at the time. For a little more these are some serious cans to get. Let your fellow beats buddies tout at how bassy their phones are while you smile and put on some orchestral soundstage over your ears. The only downside is that you want/need to amp these. The reason I got the hd598 is because they're the highest end sennheiser headphones that don't require amping.

3. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    $300 for headphones.. My god that's lunacy. :eek:
    Personally I begrudge paying more than £20 (approx $30)

4. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Yeah, but it's like most things - you get what you pay for. A Rolex, a Ferrari, a Fodara bass guitar, etc. Things of superior materials, quality control, research, etc. all cost more. Now, whether individuals feel something is worth the price is a whole other argument.

These headphones are made of superior materials and for years have topped the lists of audiophiles for quality headphones. Obviously for those people, being able to hear music as the sound engineers intended is important. For you, it is not. Part of what makes the world go around. I am sure you have things in your life that are of importance that you feel are considerably value able. Perhaps a family picture album - but others may not agree with your valuation.

Anyways, these headphones would serve most people for their entire lives a quality listening experience, and for $300 that is pretty cheap in my opinion.

5. Bad_Trip

Bad_Trip Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2014
    Production Director
    The Bay to Nashville
    I have the HD 600 and God do they sound beautiful. Amazing comfort, good bass, and good treble, sound amazing on all types of music. Highly recommended.

Oh yeah, gaming with them is crazy. Lol