iPad Sell me on Pocket God

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Filiab, Mar 6, 2009.

1. Filiab

Filiab Member

Dec 12, 2008
    I don't get what is so great about it.

So, because of all the fuss, I would like you fellow TAers to try and sell me on it. Make me see why it's so worth purchasing!

Thanks a lot!

2. Brazilian Rider

Brazilian Rider Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2009
    Well it.... no...

But it does.... no, not that either...

Um... it's not atheist?

I... I just can't do it!

Seriously, I have it and think it's a waste of $0.99

3. DHrox

DHrox Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    College Student
    Baltimore, MD
    It's mindless entertainment. Seriously. A lot of fun just to kill pygmies.

4. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    Every week, you get new creative ways of deflowering pygmies :p

5. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    Why should I?!?!?! read the description, like? purchase. Don't like? don't purchase!

Man, I hate noobs,:)

6. DHrox

DHrox Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    College Student
    Baltimore, MD
    It's .99, and Big Albie is right, except for the deflowering part...It's mindless; what more do you require?

7. stargazer513

stargazer513 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    i think the only reason alot of people are praising is because..well its a postivite feedback loop
    the game is actually very entertaining, except some people dont get entertained by it or they think it doesnt entertain them for long enough, but people buy it because of the weekly update. it keeps this app fresh, without the update it would quickly become boring. and to maintain this weekly update there must be popularity. therefore the people who bought it keeps recommending it to everyone. so there will be more people buying it and hence better updates. its a very well executed positive feedback loop. now the game has yet to introduce any sort of task, as of right now it is purely entertainment. but who knows what future updates will bring. i say you should buy it because no other app is getting updated like this and its very polished. 99cents..you can pick that money if you looked around while walking. the appstore has seriously spoiled us lol.

8. Filiab

Filiab Member

Dec 12, 2008
    #8 Filiab, Mar 6, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2009
    Some people would rather a gamer's opinion rather then the company trying to SELL their game. You don't need to be a d*uche about it.

"i think the only reason alot of people are praising is because..well its a postivite feedback loop
    the game is actually very entertaining, except some people dont get entertained by it or they think it doesnt entertain them for long enough, but people buy it because of the weekly update. it keeps this app fresh, without the update it would quickly become boring. and to maintain this weekly update there must be popularity. therefore the people who bought it keeps recommending it to everyone. so there will be more people buying it and hence better updates. its a very well executed positive feedback loop. now the game has yet to introduce any sort of task, as of right now it is purely entertainment. but who knows what future updates will bring. i say you should buy it because no other app is getting updated like this and its very polished. 99cents..you can pick that money if you looked around while walking. the appstore has seriously spoiled us lol."

Great. Thanks a lot. Going to give it a try. This is exactly what I was looking for!

9. Big Albie

Feb 12, 2009
    Sorry, I guess I was overselling.

10. ibelongintheforums

ibelongintheforums Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    No offesne but it's just 99 cents. Go find out for yourself.
    It's a great app. Fun tell killer.

11. pablo19

Oct 26, 2008
    somebody called me a douch*. Ok I will start pointless threads too see how you like it ;)

12. gscal

gscal Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    If you're one of those people who wants to get things accomplished in a game, don't buy this. If you (like me) like mindlessly killing innocent people, then this game is for you. ;)

13. GatorDeb

GatorDeb Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2009
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    You can play G-d. In your pocket.

There.

14. Big Albie

Feb 12, 2009
    This alone should be the biggest reason you buy Pocket God.

15. pablo19

Oct 26, 2008
    I don't like you. lol, no I think it's great fun to blow some steam off, I might even not start the pointless thread ;)

16. Owl

Owl Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2009
    For me, it was a buy from before I decided looking through the app store randomly is a good way to empty out my credit supply. I didn't know what it was, but it looked cool, so I got it. I was disappointed because back then you couldn't do much >>; But, it's much better now.

17. ibelongintheforums

ibelongintheforums Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Pablos not a douche. He's awesome!!
    Just look at DHroxs sig!!!!
    :)

I agree with pante. There isn't an objection to the game other then fun. Play to play.

18. Big Albie

Feb 12, 2009
    Please buy this so pablo19 doesn't start putting out useless threads. We already have too many of those ;)

19. pablo19

Oct 26, 2008
    ha! TA's resident psychologist does it again!!!!!! :D

P.S: don, go on gmail

20. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    Buy Pocket Got because it's the no. 1 app for crying out loud.