Selector - an App to Select People

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by MachWerx, Sep 21, 2012.

1. MachWerx

MachWerx Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    #1 MachWerx, Sep 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2012
    App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.

Hi!

I just made this simple little app to solve a problem that comes up in our gaming group: Who goes first? I wanted to make an app that was as elegant as possible, so there are no parameters to set or options to dial. Everyone just puts their finger on the iPhone (or iPad) and Selector chooses someone. But you could use it for other things like picking who pays for dinner or who does the dishes.

2. dclose

dclose Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    LOVE the app! It works great! I do have one request though: could you please not use sound effects/the ringer for the sound. I usually have that turned up full so I won't miss calls, so this is VERY LOUD. It would be a lot nicer to use the regular volume setting for this app.

3. MachWerx

MachWerx Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Thanks! And thanks for the suggestion. I'll look into it. In the meantime, you can shake the app to bring up a menu where you can turn off the sound.

4. dclose

dclose Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    I'm also happy for the "menu" that you provide, because with 6-bazillion apps on my device (okay, a bit of an exaggeration, but only a bit) it's hard to keep track of how each one works, and what each one does. I think of menus as mini-refreshers for where tutorials would be overkill. Much appreciated!