Universal Seldom Falls (by Randy O)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by randyo, Oct 26, 2016.

1. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    Great to see all the progresses, when will it be out? This winter? I can't wait to play it, looks really nice and charming.

2. randyo

randyo Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2011
    (see above)
    Chicago!
    If all goes well, this will be out within the next month!

This is optimistic, and game development always takes longer than planned. But if I were 100% efficient, I could see being done within a month. The main hurdle, in a couple weeks from now, will be deciding when to stop. There are always more things I can do, but at a certain point it becomes diminishing returns to continue.

3. randyo

randyo Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2011
    (see above)
    Chicago!
    Added an info overlay to the game. This will let you know about the strength or productivity of your buildings.

[​IMG]

Progress continues apace. I've added a bunch more of the infrastructure, and I'm hoping to add some sharing abilities soon, so my beta testers can share their towns and stories.

Cheers from the falls,
    Randy

4. randyo

randyo Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2011
    (see above)
    Chicago!
    The town comes to life, as you let it. (A variety of locations and structures are available to create the Domond you picture, as you accrue gems in the game.)

[​IMG]

5. randyo

randyo Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2011
    (see above)
    Chicago!
    Working on differentiating the time scales of the game. You mess with one moment in time or the same space over long periods.

[​IMG]

6. randyo

randyo Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2011
    (see above)
    Chicago!
    How has it been so long since I posted??? I've been paying the bills with other work which is, unfortunately, always a huge drain on momentum.

I've also recently:
    -Taken a couple hours to add a little more helpful info into my game Deflated (deflatedgame.com).
    -Taken time during the last ten days to move an old web prototype onto iOS, which I hope to upload this week/end. (You can see the prototype here: http://www.kongregate.com/games/upriser/erck-exploratory-rover-colonization-kit)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

But here are a couple new images and animations, and the game continues apace. The thing that's tough right now is it's a lot of detailing. There aren't as many huge visual upgrades as it gets further along. It gets tighter in terms of gameplay, and I'm about to get the first round of sound in. Also, I keep working on the tutorial/progression stuff, which requires a heck-ton of work. But working on my own is tough, and I hope to start actually nailing things down soon. I hope to stop adding things. I gotta find "the game", but I also gotta finish.

Anyway, it's been long enough. I'm still alive and working on this!

Cheers!

7. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Great to see an update. It looks fantastic!!

8. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Are you going to do beta testing

9. randyo

randyo Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2011
    (see above)
    Chicago!
    Thanks so much for the support and digging the art!

Yes, there will be a beta test at some point. Not for a little while, though.