Universal Second World: Air War (by Change 3 Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by SmartChenTW, Dec 8, 2016.

1. SmartChenTW

SmartChenTW Well-Known Member

Your response is very direct and strong focus, so I can understand the need to re-strengthen the place, is also a good experience, rest assured, I accept, so the next V1.2 updated version will spend some more development time , Please wait for some time :)

2. SmartChenTW

Please be assured that iOS 8 is still supported,
    V1.2 will be relatively long time, please be patient, thank you for your encouragement :)

3. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Definitely take the time you need. If you need a tester, I know a few of us in this thread have Testflight accounts, and speaking for myself, I'd be glad to test out a new version prior to release if that is the way you would like to go. And again, major kudos for staying on the thread and the willingness to please your fans/customers. ####

4. SmartChenTW

OK, Testflight help, is a good way,
    Trouble you, Testflight Mail private message to me, thank you :)

In fact, found last night, Unity 5.5 core Profiler some problems in the back of a hurdle,
    With a lot of special effects, this problem comes up ... (previous Unity 5.4.x did not have this problem)

Added in advance last night: support to adjust the lens rotation speed function (button in the top right of the screen),
    Package V1.2 emergency send to itunes review

So V1.3 version, hope to complete the support of new features:
    Second stick / Twitter support / Virtual joystick

5. Rothgarr

Rothgarr Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2010
    Bought this game. Looks pretty but I have no idea what I'm supposed to do, how to control, etc. I might enjoy this if I knew what I was supposed to do and how to do it...

6. SmartChenTW

V1.2 update

V1.2 update: manually adjust the camera speed (upper right button) :)

Attached Files:

7. SmartChenTW

#47 SmartChenTW, Dec 12, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
    Hi, Rothgarr

Pass conditions: Clear the scene of all warships and turrets
    Operation: Finger sliding up and down left and right control - flight direction

Right button:
    (1) Missiles (single target)
    (2) large-scale lightning guns (large-scale target)
    (3) to accelerate the flight

Today just updated V1.2 - lens adjustment speed (top right of the screen),
    remember to update it,Thank you for downloading support :)

8. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    On rail, right?

Looks amazing

9. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    No you have full movement. As a matter of fact I was flying and flew below the clouds and so far from the enemy target I got lost lol

I was just play level 3.

It's really cool you can fly between the clouds. Once we get the second control stick for the reticle I probably won't stop playing this game. For some reason I find the artwork so amazing.

Dev how to we switch the buttons to the right side of the screen? Also the increased sensitive did help a little bit with movement but again the problem is my hands are covering Up everything. I can't see any enemies. So I'll wait patiently for the controls update before I pick up the game again. If you want to run a test flight beta before full release just let me know I can message you my email address so you can send me a build.

Billy

10. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Sold and bought! :D

11. SmartChenTW

#51 SmartChenTW, Dec 13, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2016

Fly too far, remember to look at the top left of the small map, so as to remember where the target

The current plan to control the way the flight, add a button to switch: free sliding / GamePad two modes, GamePad control located in the lower right range, and then with the cross of the second control rod,
    so the front screen , It will not be blocked by your fingers

I'm glad you could join the test,please private information your Email to me, thank you

12. SmartChenTW

2017 New Year 33% discount & V1.3 major revision:

2017 New Year : 33% discount & V1.3 major revision:

1. Virtual GamePad (the lower left of the control direction + lower right weapon)
    2. novice teaching illustration
    3. Mini Map - Red enemy
    4. Large red triangle at the top of the enemy
    5. Fixed Unity5.5 Bug - iPhone5 into the game, black screen

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/second-world-air-war/id1037720308?l=zh&ls=1&mt=8

Attached Files:

13. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    Can someone provide some impressions on the new v 1.3 with dual stick controls now added please - control issue is the only thing that's been putting me off picking it up. Thanks

14. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    How did I miss this game? Looks awesome....although I also am concerned about the controls.

Edit: It's actually 66% off at $.99. I'm biting!

15. SmartChenTW

#55 SmartChenTW, Jan 3, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
    Thank you :)

I am a hardy indie developers,hope the discount will make the game a little more people to play ;)

16. SmartChenTW

hi,

Control the direction of the lower left + lower right weapon.

Sensitivity slider, in the upper right corner of the screen "stop" button, there will be a list of sub-button,On the far left is the lens rotation: the sensitivity slider

Attached Files:

17. senkoujin

senkoujin Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2013
    #57 senkoujin, Jan 3, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
    New UPDATE!!

SmartChenTW先生有心人,辛苦了你喔!

Thank you very much for your hard work in updating the game!! The new dual control scheme is quite the improvement, and I also like the design! Now, it may be a bit too early to celebrate because there are still some problems that I've noticed, unfortunately.

1. While the new dual control scheme is effective, integrating the camera and control sensitivity together was a recipe for disaster (bad idea). Here's what I got from my experience:

Rotation Speed/Camera Sensitivity: 1.5 (Default)
    -This is the default setting, and I felt that turning and moving in all 8 directions was too slow.

Rotation Speed/Camera Sensitivity: 0.1 (Lowest)
    -The ship didn't seem to respond to movement at all; maybe 0.1 = "Movement OFF"? xD

Rotation Speed/Camera Sensitivity: 3.0 (Highest)
    -Movement speed improves, but camera goes crazy.

While trying to find the best optimal rotation speed/camera sensitivity settings, I found that no matter what settings I chose, the camera VS controls were not balanced. When I fly the ship, it doesn't really feel like I'm flying the ship...it feels like the ship is flying me. I cannot seem to have FULL control of the ship, maybe only 70%. The remaining 30% is the ship moving around in some circular pattern on its own, which actually interferes with gameplay, causing me to lose accuracy. I feel that there should be a balance in camera VS actual control while at the same time improving the precision and responsiveness of movements. When I slide the left side virtual control stick, I want my ship to immediately respond without the camera going crazy.

2. There is a framerate issue. When there is a lot of activity on the screen, the cluster attack (for example), the framerate drops significantly even on my 2 GB RAM iPad Air 2. I'm not too familiar with the ARM architectures, but I think some optimizations in code are needed to resolve this issue. I think the current framerate variance is still too high.

Another Suggestion:
    I think that maybe the airspace is too small and needs to be doubled (or even tripled) in size. Give us more space to fly at lightning speed; maybe this could also help with the framerates a bit.

But other than these things, the update is an improvement! :)

18. SmartChenTW

hi,senkoujin,

(1) Fighters if not operating, will enter the circular mode of movement,
    The next version of the close, to avoid the direction of confusion.

(2) In addition the camera becomes crazy, I try to adjust the reaction speed.

(3) Airspace zoom, I can try.

(4) The game is to use Unity 5.5, some of its internal mechanisms,
    Suddenly reduce the FPS, especially the object does not exist remember the body,Suddenly the first time a screen object appears, it will slow down.Maybe preloaded into the mechanism may be better.

thanks for your post-game suggestions and ideas ;)

19. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    I believe what Senkoujin was talking about in the "the ship flies you" part is what I was noticing. Having the camera not default to center should correct the issue. Then, if you take your thumb off the virtual pad direction area, the ship will stay in the same direction you're intending it to go to (as opposed to auto correcting away from the direction you're trying to go).

20. Gurney Halleck

Gurney Halleck Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Telephony and Computer Network Engineering and Mai
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    This is as I read it too and I agree that this would be a very welcome improvement to the controls!

I am going to go ahead and buy this right now after reading the many efforts and communications from this Dev. Very happy to see such enthusiastic response from a dev to player feedback!! Very encouraging for the future state of this game, and considering that Panzer Dragoon has few to none analogues on the AppStore I am excited to give this a try (even in its infant form at present.) I wish to congratulate the valiant efforts and dedication shown by this dev and I wish for this game to both improve, and become a success for you!

I'll bite now and cross fingers that the remaining kinks in the controls scheme may be worked out in the near future!