Universal Second World: Air War (by Change 3 Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by SmartChenTW, Dec 8, 2016.

1. SmartChenTW

SmartChenTW Well-Known Member

Thanks

2. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    How close is the control setup to Galaxy on Fire? It sounds nearly the same...

3. SmartChenTW

#23 SmartChenTW, Dec 9, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
  4. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Ok I'm no longer crashing. Thank you for fixing it.

Now about the controls. I can't even see the screen because my big hands are constantly in the way and my fingers have to be on the target. I don't like them at all and it's exactly why I stopped playing Dark Star.

Can you please make a second analog stick on the right lower side of the screen to act as the laser fire and targeting movement/reticle Aimer? This would let me keep my fingers out of the play area and I can quickly tap the missile button when I need to.

The graphics, sounds, and music really are beautiful in this game. I love the explosions too. It's a fun game if the controls could be improved.

Billy

5. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Hey Chief,

Sorry I didn't see your question sooner I was busy with a new beta. Ok did you buy the game Dark Star? If you did it controls exactly like that game. You move the ship with your left thumb moving up/down and all around and then to fire to hold down on the screen with your right finger tapping on the targets. The fighter automatically fires it's lasers continuously wherever you put your finger but you can tap the rocket button to launch rockets at a target as well.

Billy

6. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    Thanks for the info. I think I'll hold off....that just doesn't sound like an ideal setup, as you're stating.

7. SmartChenTW

Hi, The latest version of Ver 1.1 has been approved by the AppStore:
    (1) to increase the range of automatic attack lock
    (2) increase the power of weapons
    (3) to support mobile phone level reversal (left / right hand) to play
    (4) second skills: cluster guns, special effects reduced by 50%, improve the fluency effects
    (5) Fix flashback (dynamic Game Center caused not hidden, temporarily closed)
    Trouble update V1.1, there are problems, and then please tell us, thank you

8. SmartChenTW

hit, try to fly close to the enemy, there will be automatic lock box,
    Finger release Do not click on the screen, the fighter will automatically attack the enemy,
    It is recommended to update the V1.1 version, an increase of attack distance and power :)

9. SmartChenTW

Update V1.1 Ver

Hello, everyone, the latest version of Ver 1.1 has been approved by the AppStore:

(1) to increase the range of automatic attack lock
    (2) increase the power of weapons
    (3) to support mobile phone level reversal (left / right hand) to play
    (4) second skills: cluster guns, special effects reduced by 50%, improve the fluency effects
    (5) Fixed flashback (dynamic Game Center caused not hidden, temporarily closed)

Trouble update, there are problems, and then please tell us, thank you

10. SmartChenTW

Airship - support

Airship - support

Attached Files:

11. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    #31 chief78, Dec 10, 2016
    I went ahead and got this. Aaaaaand, I can't get a handle on the controls. It does only take one thumb to steer/shoot and then you press the missile icon spot to fire missiles (or to boost with the other icon). My issue is I can't keep the plane/dragon-thing in a straight line. This game needs sensitivity adjustment bad. A minor turn left or right veers me way off course, and it seems almost impossible to fly straight. Please add a sensitivity slider for the steering. As-is, I feel like a drunk pilot free-riding through a war zone.

EDIT: Ok, the framerate on this gane is piss poor. I'm on the 2nd stage and this game stuttered so bad I was waiting for it to crash. It was worse than a slow-mo replay so I went ahead and closed the app anyway. Honestly, I think I'll be asking for a refund. This game shouldn't have made it out of beta in it's current state. I'm running 10.0.2 on an iPhone 6+ . I get that the game is optimized for 10.1.1, but there shouldn't be this drastic a change to performance for an update that had nothing to do with gameplay or framerate improvements. As-is, I can't recommend this.

12. SmartChenTW

#32 SmartChenTW, Dec 10, 2016

hi,chief78,

Thank you for your gaming experience and suggestions:

(1) Adding a sensitivity slider is a good suggestion and I will try to add an updated version to v1.2.
    (2) iPhone6 ​​+ running 10.0.2 and 10.1.1 between the different framerate?
    Should be the Unity 5.5 has optimized 10.1.1, run up there will be more smooth results,
    But this should be a good thing, it is necessary to go to the 10.0.2 optimization?

This game is a person independent development and testing, so there are not perfect places,Need to be strengthened.

13. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    I will say this is an impressive feat for one person! I'm curious if you could optimize this for iOS 9 and up. I think you'll get a lot more gamers playing this. The iOS 10.1.1 requirement is going to throw a lot of gamers off since a lot od people (myself included) are tired of updating to Apple's latest iOS version and getting burned by bugs that make our phones worthless pieces of junk.

14. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    It plays fine on my iPhone 6 running iOS 9.3.5. I'm on the third mission. I don't see any lag or slow downs or any problems besides the controls.

However again my problem is the controls. I would love the hell out of this game if I could control it properly. I think it's a beautiful game and the gameplay itself is fantastic. I've followed your instructions dev but it's no better. Also where is the left/right handed switching option I can't find it anywhere.

I think if you added a second stick to aim the reticle it would be so much better especially with aim sensitivity.

I also can't believe you made this game by yourself. You did all of the artwork??? It's such an amazingly beautiful game and it does get intense. I love when there's enemy fighters flying by and you are launching missiles. The explosions are fantastic. Please if we could get the controls down it would be killer.

Also can you add the ability to share scores with a screenshot to Twitter? I like to share my games to Twitter. I have a lot of IOS gaming enthusiasts and devs on my account so it would help with word of mouth.

Billy

15. SmartChenTW

Can hear this sentence: this is an impressive feat for one person
    For the game designer, is the biggest praise, thank you :)

Unity in iOS 9 optimization, I will try to adjust to see.

16. SmartChenTW

hi, Billy,

Control improvements, I will try to see, adding second stick is a good idea.

Game is a person's studio in the game development (concept / program development / 2D design line),
    In addition, please a friend outside (3D art) to produce 3D models.

Twitter support, I have to try to see, the next version of V1.2 if you can complete, then notify you,
    Can help Twitter to share, for me is a great strength, in this thank you for your support. :)

17. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Thank you for being so willing to try different control methods. I've been beta testing games on mobile devices since 2004 and I've worked with many developers. I know how much time and effort goes into making a game and I know how hard it is to have people critiquing your work. Trust me if I didn't like the game I wouldn't even bother. I think this is one of the most beautiful games I've played in a long time. I love all of the action in it. You've definitely got talent and great ideas.

It means a lot that you are willing to incorporate changes based on feedback and that you interact with us on here. I'm glad I purchased your game :)

Billy

18. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    A resounding "I second that" to Billy for the dev's hard work and what's been accomplished, and the continuing effort to improve this game. I over-reacted about a refund and I apologize for that....I see some great things in this game and would like to see it succeed with a few tweaks here and there so that it's fully optimized and fully realized.

19. senkoujin

senkoujin Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2013
    Update v1.1

Hi hi SmartChenTW, thank you very much for taking care of the screen orientation problem, now we can finally play the game comfortably on both iPhone and iPad! ;)

Now, I just want to confirm that I'm using an iPad Air 2 running iOS 8.3, and I have had no crashing problems or serious frame rate issues, so please continue supporting iOS 8 firmware. I'd say that iOS 8.x was the last truly stable firmware in recent years, and it should still be supported because it's a great firmware.

As for controls, I also agree that we should get more control schemes/options (like I also previously suggested) to enhance the flying experience because excellent controls is extremely important. I know it may take time, but we will happily wait. :)

Thank you for the updates so far, 辛苦了您!

20. SmartChenTW

I am also very happy to be here, see people play the game after the direct response,
    Whether good or bad, is to allow developers to understand their own deficiencies in the game,Is very valuable experience, but also very grateful to you for some good idea.