iPad Seat Ibriza Cupra Racing-Free Racing Game

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by rIcHrAnDoM, Mar 15, 2009.

1. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    #1 rIcHrAnDoM, Mar 15, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2009
    [app]Seat Ibriza Cupra Race[/app] *disregard this link, see Diabloheads link below*

Looks really polished with car customization. I can't d/l until later, I'm on the road now.

2. Diablohead

Diablohead Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Freelancer, PC game developer
  3. rIcHrAnDoM

Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
  4. Paulio

Paulio Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2008
    Local IGA (supermarket)
    Tasmania, Australia
    wow, slick find, looks amazing for free app.. dling now..

5. markx2

markx2 Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
  6. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Weird, everytime I click on that link the iTunes AppStore page just goes to a blank page :confused:

7. Diablohead

Jan 19, 2009
    Try the url I used, or search for Seat in itunes.

I just played the app quickly and did a race (3 laps long) around the island, the game puts your car against another 5! cars of the same detail and it runs real smooth on my 2g touch, the camera is a bit iffy when turning sharp corners but the game itself is very good, nice driving physics and visuals.

You only get one track layout though which is the whole island, was somewhere over 2 minutes for 1 lap.

8. Khayman

Khayman Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    So... a review? a small one mabe :)

9. Diablohead

Jan 19, 2009
    Write one up for the app store? I did notice someone has already given a 5 star review, rather quick...

10. wahkiz

wahkiz Active Member

Oct 26, 2008
    just tried the game.

The accelerometer controls are not as good as the volkswagen app, but still playable. does not have a sense of speed, and theres no bg music other than car engine sounds.

other than that the track is quite long, and each game consists of 3 laps, might get bored after 1 and a half laps. otherwise, well done.

car is customizable, by color and sticker, but there is only one model to choose from.

11. rIcHrAnDoM

Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    The appstore desc. says they will be updating! Updating a free advergame, I'm impressed!

12. Diablohead

Jan 19, 2009
    I dunno, the feeling of speed was quite good for what is a real car not going 600 mph, it's by no means a supercar and compared to the VW app (which is also great) it feels faster, the VW game has such thin roads that you think you are going faster due to passing scenery.

Yeah I just noticed that reading their page, it will be interesting and good to see another car or circuit appear in the future.

13. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    thanks, that works. downloading it now.

14. Diablohead

Jan 19, 2009
    I played it more while having a break from my work and I noticed that if you make the sound effects change often in a short time like hitting walls or pressing the accelerator quickly the game's framerate will freeze up as it changes the sample played, this makes things a bit choppy now and again but it's nothing too bad, would be nice to see them clean it up so the game runs completely smooth.

I added my best time for race mode also, see if anyone can beat it :p (you probably will)

[​IMG]

15. CandyNJ66

CandyNJ66 Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    This is IMHO, the best Free Promo Racing game in the app store. It may not have the graphics of the BMW or Volkswagon Promo games but it has real 3 lap racing.

You can customize your car, then you can practice drive, go into time attack mode or race against other drivers. The track itself is def not short, it's lengthy. The driving itself was ok for me and could have been better and there is a feeling of real speed. It was fun to race in practice and in the real lap races.

My favorite Free racing game still remains Race to Witch Mountain
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=6995&highlight=race+witch+mountain but this game is pretty good too. What are you waiting for? It's Free, Download it!

16. PaulinaPixel

PaulinaPixel Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Student
    Barcelona
    Hum hey guys,

the new version of that game is out : Cupra Race 2
    with Seat Cupra León, Championship mode, new poweurps, challenges, accessories...

Here's the demo
    http://tlink.as/seatgamesfr

17. PaulinaPixel

PaulinaPixel Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Student
    Barcelona
    hey guys,
    the new version is out :)
    new car, new track, new championship mode, new powerups, accessories, challenges...
    http://bit.ly/4qy4B6

18. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Candy -

Thanx for the tip on Witch Mountain. Will download next time have wifi!

And you've seen the newer VW demo that is a lite version or Real Racing? Best freebie I've seen so far for folks who don't have RR.

19. Diablohead

Jan 19, 2009
    I loved the first one so I will be glad to try out this version :p