Universal Seashine - Can you survive the abyss?

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by pated, Oct 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pated

pated Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2014
    Game maker
    Paris
    Thank you Stephen. I hope you'll enjoy Seashine. :)

2. Rin1221

Rin1221 Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2014
    Fort Collins
    Wow!

This looks beautiful!
    Hope you will program it for iOS! I would definitely give it a play.

3. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    (Due to your post #57 you stick to it)

I try to post my humble thoughts on a convinced developer for a very last time (i guess). Another recent game lost all its drive because releasing the game with, in this case, tilt controls only. They were very, very convinced, too...

Updating after...a not so good first impression takes some time, and another week with new releases is already starting to whipe out the memories of incomplete launched games from the past week. Lucky you if this only happens to me.

I dare to say: Remember please, you only have ONE first impression, so use it wisely!

I definitely will check out your beautiful looking game and i wish you good luck!

4. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    @ Pated: waiting for Seashine since way back then :) nice to see it's near!
    @ Qwertz, out of curiosity which game did you mean? Bike Up lost me with its tilt-only, was that it?

5. pated

pated Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2014
    Game maker
    Paris
    @Rin1221 : Thank you! Yes, Seashine will be available on iOS (and Android via Google Play and the Amazon appstore).

@Qwertz555 : Thanks again for your feedback! However the tilt controls were removed some time ago and replaced by a much more intuitive swipe only control scheme. :)
    The testers are happy with it so it will be the only control mode available. Lesson learned. I'll never ever use tilt controls again! ;)

Some gifs from the previous pages:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

@ramzarules : Thanks for your support, much appreciated!

6. pated

pated Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2014
    Game maker
    Paris
    Release date!

Hi folks!

Good news, Seashine has a release date! The game will be available for free on the Apple App Store, Google Play, and the Amazon Appstore on August 23rd, 2015.

Not long to wait until the jellyfish breaks out of its egg. :)

[​IMG]

As mentionned in a previous page, the game has been optimized to run even on old devices such as the iPad 1 on iOS 5.1 with the same quality of graphics and an average of 50 fps. So don't be scared to try it if your touch device is not up to date. :)

Stay tuned for more details!

7. 6thDay

6thDay Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2013
    I guess free means InAPPs....*sigh*

8. pated

pated Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2014
    Game maker
    Paris
    Free means not pay-to-play and in the case of Seashine, not pay-to-win either. Why do you think IAP are a bad thing? You shouldn't take the extremes we see in the industry as a common practice. :/

9. copaeci

copaeci Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    student, writer, reviewer, beta tester
    ID
    is this an endless or do you change it into level based?
    I have put this game into my watchlist since long time ago, first saw this on slidedb.com
    Definitely check this one once its out ;)

10. pated

pated Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2014
    Game maker
    Paris
    @copaeci: Hey there! Yes I remember you and your blog. :) I won't forget to send you an early access early august so you can try it before everyone.

The game is endless. Doing a level based game was just too much work for a single game dev and a short amount of time! But some of the levels are now in the endless gameplay. They are puzzles you find from time to time that can help you unlock special abilities. ;)

11. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    yay, 1 month left :) happy to see this is getting released, it's going to be beautiful :)

12. kripa1415`

kripa1415` Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2012
    WoW! can't wait to play it!

13. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Been waiting for this ... Seems like a year now . Glad u chose swipe over tilt most amazing looking game

14. C4ndi

C4ndi Member

Jul 27, 2015
    Gymnasium
    Denmark
    Omg this looks amazing. Unsure if I will play though, hate sharks and underwater creatures :(

15. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Are you scared?

16. sfjohansson

sfjohansson Well-Known Member

May 17, 2014
    Male
    Game Developer
    London
    ...This is wicked! ...already looking forward to it..such clever us of lighting and I seriously dig that big fish trying to take a bite! :)

17. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    #77 redribbon, Jul 29, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
    dang how can i missed this one x(. i know im gonna love this game, glad i dont have to wait that long like you guys since i just know that this game exist today :p

wait, this is free on launch? any deeper info about how the IAP goes? ads maybe? or is there any one time unlock price for all features?
    f**k me when it comes to a game with great looking graphics.

18. pated

pated Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2014
    Game maker
    Paris
    #78 pated, Aug 2, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2015
    Seashine Beta

Hi guys!

If you want to join the beta test for Seashine please fill this form.

The beta access is open for iOS (via iTune's TestFlight), Android (via Google Play), and Fire OS (via Amazon). I am going to start sending the next Seashine Beta access invitations on August 10 (maybe a bit after on iOS).

Here's a gif to make you wait in your egg until then:
    [​IMG]

@C4ndi: Funny, I'm also very scared by the ocean and all underwater creatures, especially sharks and giant skids... So if I can make it you can make it too! It's a very good therapy for people like us, haha. :p

@redribbon: Yes, it will be free on launch. There's no feature to unlock. You have a rare special element in the game giving you a boost of light. You can find it in chests while playing, buy some of it via IAP, or watch a video ad to get some of it. Please feel free to join the beta if you want to know more!

Oh, by the way, I won't be able finish the special abilities for version 1.0.0 of the game. It will be on the first or second update (with no extra charge or IAP involvement). :)

Waiting for your submissions! ;)

19. That IAP sounds suspiciously like purchasing a continue? In a high-score-chasing game? Please say it ain't so.

20. pated

pated Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2014
    Game maker
    Paris
    It ain't so. ;) Sorry I rectified my last post and removed the "last moment part" to prevent a confusion with continues.
    You can use that boost at any time, but it won't save you from all the ugly creatures and obstacles!