Universal Seashine (by Pated)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Sep 2, 2015.

1. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    Lady Lavender, upadate great!#

2. pated

pated Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2014
    Game maker
    Paris
    Jellyfish update

Hi guys,

I'm releasing a new update tomorrow adding a feature many players have been asking for since the release of the game.
    I'm introducing unlockable (playable) jellyfishes. They look different and have different specs.

[​IMG]

The following five characteristics will differentiate them : size, speed, resistance to damage, brightness, and life time.
    I'm going to add unique characteristics in the following updates like poison immunity or the awaited zen mode jelly (no light fading out).

[​IMG]

I've also updated the engine to Unity 5 (not without difficulties). You'll also find a new stalker predator.

I'm resuming monthly updates after this release. If you guys have any deep sea creatures you would like to see in the game for the April update please let me know. Maybe should I create a list/poll of the most wanted creatures?

3. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    I've tried many times to redownload and play Seashine but the difficulty and the fading light and not understanding the star use or save for upgrades make me too frustrated and i delete it - until the next update.

Please add those modes with less difficulty. The unlockable jellyfishes are very cool!

4. pated

pated Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2014
    Game maker
    Paris
    Oh, sorry to read that. Did you play the latest updates with the discoveries etc ? The fading light is far less difficult to manage since the December 2015 update.

Could you please let me know what you didn't understand about the stars? Did the new tutorial help?

Thanks for your feedback. :)

5. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    ok so you gather stars. you can either use them to buy stuff or double tap to increase some light? and the power ups, are they permanent or just used once until you die and you have to purchase again?

i just find it very difficult with all the stinging creatures combined with the time fading light and die pretty fast. great to see you are planning a zen mode. it really suits the deep mysterious and beautiful tone you have set. My jellyfish would rather die being eaten, but being able to take its time to explore.

6. Mutamara

Mutamara New Member

Mar 26, 2017
    #66 Mutamara, Mar 26, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2017
    A few criticisms:
    Achievements don't work for me and haven't since early 2016. Also, you could add a few!
    The tutorial text suggests that small swipes makes your jellyfish movements weaker.
    After the tutorial, text can appear inside voids.
    Fish sometimes appear inside voids.
    Stars sometimes appear inside walls.
    50 stars for $1 might make more sense?
    The unlockable jellyfish should only be cosmetic and all gameplay differences should be in the upgrades.
    Add a few upgrades, there are only 6!
    I haven’t bought stun, because it sounds like worse shockwave. Make it work on all fish?
    Anglerfish literally appear every 5 minutes and it’s too common, while Fangfooth/Baby Fangtooth are too uncommon.
    Kohatora duplicates are worthless as they stand today and I would simply cut the bar displaying how many you’ve found, because that only suggests you can unlock more stuff by finding more.
    What if the unlockable Kohatora fish attracted glowfish? The protector fish is great, because it can clear out a trench, allowing you to get the glowfish, but the other ones aren’t super-great, because there are crystals at the entrance/exit of most trenches.
    The purple ball plants, trap plants, and human discoverables should count as discoverables! Everything should count!
    The discovery notice causes a significant 0.5-ish second freeze on iPad Air, but not iPhone 7.
    A more fundamental problem is that after you set a super-high high-score, collecting glowfish becomes pointless, since it doesn't add to your overall progress in the way that stars and discoveries do. Ideally, glowfish and stars would be one, so you're always making progress towards unlocking upgrades as you play, with costs appropriately adjusted.

7. pated

pated Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2014
    Game maker
    Paris
    You trigger abilities everytime you use a star. But you need to select a maximum of 3 unlocked abilities first. Simply put the ones you want to use in one of the 3 combo boxes in the abilities window.
    Thanks for your feedback. The zen mode jellyfish is coming in the 2nd anniversary update of Seashine.

8. pated

pated Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2014
    Game maker
    Paris
    Thanks for your feedback and suggestions. Just a very important reminder though. I work alone on this game and new content or modifications of the core game takes a huge amount of time. Please be patient.

- Achievements: I thought it was fixed. Looks like I missed something. Will take a look. Thanks. I agree we need more of them.
    - "The tutorial text suggests that small swipes makes your jellyfish movements weaker." In which language please?
    - Fish and stars inside walls or outside boundaries : I'm aware of the issue and have been working on it. Sorry for the trouble.
    - The smallest IAP of 40 stars will be removed soon.
    - "Unlockable jellyfish should only be cosmetic and all gameplay differences should be in the upgrades" : No, sorry. My aim is not to create a copycat of all major mobile games copying the Crossy Road cosmetic only character system.
    - "Add a few upgrades, there are only 6!" Will do! It has been in the to-do list for a very long time. Please be patient. There were other priorities like new jellyfish. New abilities are now priority number 1. :)
    - Stun : Shockwave doesn't stun. Stun is by far a better option to escape. It stops nearby small/medium predators for ~5 seconds. Shockwave will only push a little bit the smallest ones. Shockwave is better for breaking and moving objects or plants.
    - Kohatora : Please read the dev blog.
    - Non-discoverables : I agree. I've started adding some already. But I need to enhance visually some of the non-discoverables. Yes, everything will be discoverable.
    - "The discovery notice causes a significant 0.5-ish second freeze on iPad Air". Thanks, I'm aware of the issue.
    - "after you set a super-high high-score, collecting glowfish becomes pointless". Correct! Also has been on the to-do list for at least a year. I really need to add star rewards for highscores.

9. Mutamara

Mutamara New Member

Mar 26, 2017
    Alright! Unfortunately, App Store games don't get a lot of attention. I think the gameplay and graphics could get a lot of attention, if it ever were to make it onto Steam. It's attention to detail is up there with the best indie games.

About the language fix, it was in English. I think the wording of the tutorial text implies that small swipes make you move a smaller amount, which I thought was the case for some time, but it isn't. It doesn't say so explicitly, but the wording is ambiguous.