Searching for an old strategy game

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by qwsxedcrfv, Apr 8, 2022.

1. qwsxedcrfv

qwsxedcrfv New Member

Apr 8, 2022
    #1 qwsxedcrfv, Apr 8, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2022
    Been trying to find an old strategy game for years, I remember playing it vividly and what the gameplay was like but can't find any signs of it anywhere.

For gameplay, you start with a set of weaker units, bringing them into a series of star/constellation-themed levels, where you fight against other units by collecting stars from the background starfield and clash against ai-controlled units that function the same.
    The units can be merged at any time, and become stronger units with special abilities, such as being able to fight more effectively, snipe a unit from across the stage with enough stars, take control of a weak enemy unit, move & share stars between all nearby allied units, and even attract all starfields on the map for better collection.

All I can remember from the plot is that you start as one of the weakest characters/units (possibly fire-themed?), unfortunately.

Can anyone remember the name/post images of this game?

EDIT: I posted this in the wrong section, I played this game in iOS but am not sure if its on other platforms.

2. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    You got the section right. But it sound familiar to me :(.

3. qwsxedcrfv

qwsxedcrfv New Member

Apr 8, 2022
    iirc the units were all circular w/ symbols on them to show the unit type, but I'm not sure
    the main thing that stood out to me was the visual design, as all the visual details were well done, from the orbiting collected stars, to pulling the stars out of the starfield, and even flashes of light when attacking other units
    I think the storyline itself might have been somewhat buggy, but that could also have been me as a child not really understanding what was going on (and possibly wiping all of my progress)

4. BillyDev033

BillyDev033 New Member

Jun 2, 2022
    Male
    I would like to help but it's hard to imagine :(

5. GelloStudio

GelloStudio Member

Apr 17, 2023
    Male
    Sweden
    Did you find the game? I used to play colonization, civilization and rings of medusa on PC. Did it look like any of these?