Universal Seabeard - (by Backflip Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Oct 24, 2014.

1. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Not all of us memorize devs. I saw all the excitement over this game and assumed that it must be coming from good devs. My mistake. will know better next time perhaps.

2. Cagey75

Cagey75 Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2014
    Why are people saying it's like Zelda?? it's nothing like any of the Zelda games :/ Not even close

3. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Progress so far is agonisingly slow, for me just removing the energy to travel would vastly improve the game. I understand and am fine with all the other timers though as that's how the game works. But please consider increasing the travel energy or removing it.

Also a few days ago my angling skill filled up and it said I can train it somewhere but I pressed the screen before I got to read it all, can anyone tell me where I can level the skill up? And also what it costs.

4. Indii

Indii Active Member

Jun 18, 2009
    Konstanz
    You need to repair the angling academy on your home island. But you need to be level 6 in order to do that. I'm only level 5, so I don't know how much it costs.

5. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Thank you, I actually just spotted that. Has anyone tried not accepting the blue timed quests? Some that I get are things that I can never do anyway.

I was disappointed the other day when being in work meant I couldn't finish a mission in time to get some weed killer.

So far I'm still waiting to finish my second traders house so I can work on hiring a guy to run my food stall. Also built my warriors bridge and working on repairing the swapshop.

For me an unlimited bag would add huge amounts of pleasure as I love exploring everywhere and everything and stockpiling and not being able to do so here ruins some of the experience for me. I can understand why it's there but does it really need to be?

6. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    No one says that the game plays like Zelda, but that it was inspired by Zelda, specifically by Wind Waker.

7. SherlockEB

SherlockEB Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 22, 2013
    There is things I like about it but I don't like so many things about it.

8. ItouchBrett

ItouchBrett Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    So... Is there fighting in the game? Like can I handle a sword soon? If not I think I'm gonna delete. The fact that I have to travel to different island and do these fetch quest is a little much. Not to mention I have only 3 energy. Oh and also catching fish for days.

9. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    4 energy i think. How far in are you? else how can we say how far you are.

10. ItouchBrett

Dec 28, 2008
    I was asked to rebuild the bridge to the warrior academy. If I don't pick up a sword soon, Bye bye this game and back to fantasy life on 3ds.

11. illjc

illjc Member

Dec 28, 2012
    It would be good if better ships provided more energy, even if it was one more each time, makes sense in the narrative too, since energy is fuel and better ships = more fuel/ better fuel consumption.

Reaching a point now where I'm invested into the game and there's more I can do, getting over the initial slow period that everyone is annoyed about, still I'm concerned that if there are four areas in release (the amount stated in that gameplay video) and each has three islands, 4 energy is just not gonna be enough to get things done on a total of 12 islands.

Other than that, I'm loving this game, and either way will continue to play this daily!

Oh and it would be good if I could see my energy while in islands, keep having to go to my boat to check if it's refilled yet.

12. nicodemus82

nicodemus82 Well-Known Member

So, who do I get to give me the smuggling quest? I'm on Seadog Cove at night and I can't find any new quest giver...

13. illjc

illjc Member

Dec 28, 2012
    Go into the tavern on the left, the quest giver should be in there

14. nicodemus82

nicodemus82 Well-Known Member

Been in there.. The only quest giver was some guy who wanted a rock cake.

15. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    A

Has to be at night. To other guy, might as well give up. I finished the bridge ages ago and still no fighting.

16. ItouchBrett

Dec 28, 2008
    Still no sword play?wow. What a let down. Deleted.

17. Deewin

Deewin Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    I'm really let down from hearing the impressions of this game :( Some people are fine with spending hundreds (and even thousands if clash of the clans is any indication) on a game, but I'm not. I am more than willing to spend 30+ dollars for a good game without the f2p model so it looks like I'm gonna give this a pass. The only good f2p models i've seen is hearthstone and mobas like Dota 2 and LoL.

18. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Despite all my complaining, I am enjoying the game, it could just be seriously like 10x better than it is if they had done a few things differently.

It is pretty fun in small doses, but it makes you want to sink in and play the hell out of it, and 10 minutes later when there is nothing left to do, all you are left with is disappointment.

19. Deewin

Deewin Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    that reminds me of animal crossing. Do you play that and if so how does it compare? I love life simulation games like that Harvest moon, and Fantasy life. I haven't seen any good ones until this game out and all the ones that attempted this, (including the another recent one I forget the name of) just aren't that great. I guess there's no harm done to try out the game, but it sounds like sticking to my 3DS is a better choice to avoid to constantly pay to get the most out of these games on iOS.

20. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Just try it. Animal crossing is a good comparison, except you are forced to small doses