Universal Seabeard - (by Backflip Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Oct 24, 2014.

1. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Should I even bother playing this on my phone or just wait till I get home and play it on my iPad mini.

2. drogers8

drogers8 New Member

Nov 20, 2013
    iPhone 6 plus and no issues. Been looking forward to this game for some time. Game overall seems very polished with animations and transitions between environments. As others have said it would be nice not require an Internet connection at all times. I look forward to exploring the game further and the worldwide release.

3. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    Start on his phone continue on iPad

4. darnoc703

darnoc703 Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2013
    I don't appear to be getting any strawberrys from the bushes for the warrior quest. Has anyone else had any success? Otherwise awesome game so far!

5. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    I don't mind the online so they can keep adding content but I really wish this game was like $4.99 or even $9.99 if they want but no IAP. NO TIMERS, DUAL CURRIENCES OR PREMIUM ITEMS OR NOTHING. Just the game sigh. but otherwise this game is pretty generous just not IAP free though maybe one day (Seabeard- gold edition) no IAP LOL

6. chubbypillow

chubbypillow Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2012
    NY
    I would pay 20 bucks for the game with no iap. Only iap i would accept are aesthetic changes. Timers are annoying

7. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    Agreed. this could have been even better then animal crossing :D lol seabeard: new leaf lol I wish no iap too

8. EvilDucktator

EvilDucktator 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Sep 28, 2011
    Walt Disney World Cast Member
    Brisbane, Australia
  9. Zeekops

Zeekops Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    Hey those missions that require to find stuff, ie the unicorn and monsters hand I think it is, where do you find them?? I've scoured the town from top to bottom and I cant find either!

Thanks!

10. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    This game crashes immediately for me on launching. Sucks I can't even try the game!

*on iPad mini w/ retina

Ios 7.0.4

11. aikavari

aikavari Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2011
    Fixed the crashing by logging out of Gamecenter in my iPad

12. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Somehow mine is working (and I didn't log out of game enter) but I think my crashing was game centre related as well.

Enjoying it so far, though I have no idea yet how bad this pearls / timer thing will be.

13. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Waiting for energy. Not a good sign.

14. nkdekker

nkdekker New Member

Jan 25, 2014
    Me and my wife both love to play this game. She does not have an iPhone, but I do.

Thing is there is only one save file. Please allow multiple save files per game, so we can both play our own islands with our own heroes.

Also iCloud support would be greatly appreciated! Because I always run out of space on my 8gb 4s

15. thatoneedguy

thatoneedguy Member

Sep 5, 2014
    I posted this in another thread too, please, please, please either give us the option to purchase the full game and get rid of timers, or increase the amount of energy/decrease the amount of time it takes to refill. Or even add the option to watch an ad or two to refill the energy.

This game is awesome, which is why I would like to play it for longer than 5-8 minutes before I have to wait almost 1 1/2 hours before my energy is refilled.

Like others have said, I would be happy to pay for a full version if it meant being able to play it without, or with less ridiculous timers.

I'm spending more time being annoyed about this than actually enjoying the game, which is really a shame.

16. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Yeah, timers in general suck, but having said that they are particularily bad here. They take forever to refill and the 'max energy' amount is rather low too.

I am hugely anti freemium in general, but this game has potential to make it work but they would have to either offer premium unlock, or massively tweak prices on pearls, or both, in order to see even a dollar from me. (full timer removal I would probably pay $5 or so for) (I havent been following this game before so I dont know how huge the game world is.. if it is massive I might pay more than $5)

Seeing as how this is soft launch and things could get tweaked I will give this game the benefit of the doubt for now, with some changesI would easy reccomend it as instabuy, but as is, I wouldnt reccomend it at all.

17. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    I haven´t tried this game, but i have a feeling something is up with Game Center in the last week as i have some games that all of a sudden crash consistently when they try to connect to Game Center even though they didn´t have that problem before.

18. EthanLean

EthanLean Active Member

Oct 10, 2014
    Oh, finally,wait too long for it:) but I only have chinese appstore ID #TAT

19. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    That stuff is usually found but doing well on the sea missions you get traveling from town to town, you need to get them 100% without failing

20. Nirakk

Nirakk Active Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Loving this game so far. Really like the graphics and atmosphere and details like the footprints and the sound of walking. I think it's a bit (too) hard to catch fish. Any tips? Thanks! :)