Universal Seabeard - (by Backflip Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Oct 24, 2014.

1. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Thank you for your replies. Yea, I really took the slow road. I think there was a month I just did the daily lighthouse and trash collecting quests. I will likely keep going and amassing pearls to buy future items I don't like crafting. If I stop playing, I will add Seabeard to AppShopper so I get notified when the update hits :)

2. Writersareliars

Writersareliars Active Member

Feb 27, 2012
    My thing these days is trying to finish my hat collection. It's keeping me going.

3. Gingerly23

Gingerly23 Active Member

Apr 10, 2015
    At the very least do your trash and lighthouse duties, but don't forget Burt Wolfbane, we need those pearls!

4. rangent

rangent Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2009
    Game down?

I'm not sure if its just me but it seems like the game server has been down for a couple of days now. Anyone else able to get in?

5. giantfart12

giantfart12 Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Might be the game center bug.

6. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Blacksmith?

Just saw on p. 199 mention of a Blacksmith. Is this character the same as the Miner? If not, how do earn the Blacksmith?

7. kizuxtheo

kizuxtheo Active Member

Aug 26, 2016
    Male
    Translator
    Venezuela
    #2227 kizuxtheo, Sep 18, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2016
    Haven't played much of it, but I've been loving the game so far, specially since it is the closest we have to an Animal Crossing game until Nintendo launches its own next year.

Any words from the developers? I kinda hate that the game hasn't received an update for more than a year, and it would be sad that the OS keeps getting updates and this game will eventually die due to iOS' stupid lack of retrocompatibility. Apparently Backflip Studios is just pouring all of their work time into Dragonvale, which I think is wasted potential, since this games is beyond awesome.

8. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Trauma Nurse
    Phoenix
    Couple of things:
    Castaway is more like Animal Crossing than Seabeard ever was. And, it is still being developed.
    Second, Hand Circus was the developer of Seabeard and I don't think that they are still around. Which is a shame because Seabeard had a lot of potential to be great.

9. kizuxtheo

kizuxtheo Active Member

Aug 26, 2016
    Male
    Translator
    Venezuela
    #2229 kizuxtheo, Sep 18, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2016
    Which one of the like 50 castaway games on the AppStore?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it (the "it's like Animal Crossing" line in the description gave it away). Still, it's a shame, I was getting attached to the Windwaker-like graphics of Seabeard, but knowing it is a dead app takes away any fun I'm having with it.

EDIT 2: Talk about an ugly game, crappy controls and annoying pop ups. Never mind, I guess I'll just wait until Nintendo follows through and releases its own animal crossing game.

10. Alexythimia23

Alexythimia23 Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2012
    Man, what a absolute waste of talent this game was!! Like wft! Devs have left it dead in the water, with no reasons to why??? Had so much potental, i was happy to play but the fact that no updates ever came, man these devs are a waste of space.

11. paulmeyers

paulmeyers Active Member
    Patreon Bronze

Sep 30, 2012
    The game received a 64 bit compatibility update along with some bug fixes, is this game still being developed? It was a fun game.

12. Argh!

Argh! Member

Dec 11, 2013
    This update dropped iPad Mini 1st gen support. If this game is being worked on again, could the devs please restore support for this device? I'm now stuck with a permanent AppStore update marker that can't be resolved because of this new device-specific restriction. :(

13. unexpect3rd

unexpect3rd Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2011
    Mobile Game Developer (Fulltime as well as indie)
    Singapore
    Thanks for the 64bit support update. Though i haven't launched it for ages, but it was fun while it last.

14. JohnSeabeard999

JohnSeabeard999 New Member

Nov 4, 2017
    Help with identifying land animals

I'm having a lot of trouble trying to find the coati. I've had no luck trying to finding it even though I've visited Ironblack City at night several times now. If anybody with experience is still on this thread could you please help me? Thanks, John.

15. MYSTERYTREX

MYSTERYTREX New Member

Mar 10, 2017
    Current Beta tester here. Just helped come out with a new update! They are developing the game again and have just come out with their first update for a while!Check the AppStore if you don’t believe me!!

16. MYSTERYTREX

MYSTERYTREX New Member

Mar 10, 2017
    They are
    updating again

17. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Oo I remember this game, what’s made them update it after so long?