Universal Seabeard - (by Backflip Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Oct 24, 2014.

1. GamingRosie

GamingRosie New Member

Jun 9, 2015
    Thanks for answering my question!

2. Doop

Doop Active Member

Apr 30, 2015
    Wow, just saw the most amazing quest reward of all time. Caleb Shiller, the head honcho on Carnival Island, just offered me the following for 1 Iron-crusted Rock Cake:

243 XP
    1,597 coins

It's a shame they take at least 20 hours to make.

3. cofunguy

cofunguy Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2012
    One reason why to have one on hand....

4. Sevallis

Sevallis Active Member

Nov 16, 2013
    Male
    I've been stuck waiting for a beaver for over three weeks now, augh!

It seems kind of ironic that this game is built around a F2P model and yet the premium currency that supports the developer can't be used for advancement here at all. Silly really.

5. cafedelmartin

cafedelmartin Member

Jan 16, 2015
    Anyone got any ideas re: the next update? I got to the end of Doza about 2 weeks ago.

I seem to think the next chapter will feature robots in some way... On the Facebook page they have teased with a toy robot you can build in the woodshop and a pet robot by the looks of it... And also there seems to be a ghost-type floating baddie. Plus the potions quarter on Accordia sounds great.

...and I'm desperate to get into the Haunted House!!

Attached Files:

6. Doop

Doop Active Member

Apr 30, 2015
    Good catch on that "ghost" silhouette. I hadn't seen that before. Maybe we will get to go in the haunted house!

Robots would seem to be a good fit for the factory themed island we know is coming. I just re-watched the Seabeard trailer but didn't see anything that hasn't been in the game yet. (It had all kinds of previews of Doza months before those islands show up).

I hope, in addition to opening up the haunted house, that they make use of some of the existing buildings. For example, what is the sea rescue building for? Why allow you to go into all the tents on Sunsoak if they are always empty? I've also got my eye on the cave in the upper part of our home island. I can't wait to get up there.

7. cafedelmartin

cafedelmartin Member

Jan 16, 2015
    Maybe we will finally find a use for the hotdogs as well!

8. Doop

Doop Active Member

Apr 30, 2015
    While we're waiting for the next set of islands to appear, can anyone recommend a similar game to play?

9. cafedelmartin

cafedelmartin Member

Jan 16, 2015
    On iOS I'd recommend Oceanhorn

10. BetBetz

BetBetz New Member

Jun 22, 2015
    Geodo Quest

there is no main quest after geodo pickmason on Ironbalck City said "Alas right now a storm brews to the WEST closing passage to the factory complex, There's no way you'd survive that journey! But all storms clear eventually. Stay patient, and keep decorating and stocking the stalls of my island while you wait! This is but a small impediment your adventure, Check back soon to see if the storm has cleared!" ????

i need your reply,

11. Doop

Doop Active Member

Apr 30, 2015
    That's the standard message for when you've completed all of the current main quests. The storm won't clear until the next set of islands are added via the next update.

12. BetBetz

BetBetz New Member

Jun 22, 2015
    thanks dude :D

13. cbeard

cbeard New Member

Jun 26, 2015
    Beaver & Iron-crusted rock cakes

Hi i got few questions here:

1. im stuck at the beaver quest right now (friggin beaver..) and start to collect the things listed above. how do i make iron crusted rock cakes? i tried to learn the recipe at larona and the quarry but both doesn't have iron crusted rock cakes. Do i have to proceed with the quest first before i can start making cakes? And if you remember, what are the ingredients for iron crusted rock cakes?

2.When the beaver appear, do i have to go inside the temple and progress my way up? Im just afraid that when i go inside the temple it'll be gone >_<

Thanks!

14. twispby

twispby Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2012
    1. The iron crusted rock cakes are made from rock cakes and iron powder. You learn the recipe at the forge on ironblack city. Same place where you bring all your ore.

2. The beaver should stick around if you see him on the bottom and work your way up. To make it faster you can clear the rock golems first, so if the beaver does show up it doesn't take long to get to the top of the temple.

15. cofunguy

cofunguy Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2012
    1) recipe for iron crusted cakes is in the next set of islands you open. It is a long series of satisfying quests before it's baker will open to pay for those recipes.

2) no the beaver doesn't disappear if you go into the ruins and exit the dungeon level. Remember the beaver only comes out in the rain and I believe Sunday. Might be wise to store that picture and never delete it since it is required in other quests. Definitely worth upgrading the picture slots to store it since he is very elusive.

16. twispby

Dec 28, 2012
    Has anyone found a way to get the target practice sailing minigame come up more often? It seems that some routes between islands might have a higher chance for it to show up, but I haven't confirmed any.

Seems like the rarest game in my experience, and since I usually win reinforced wood when I play it the screw seems to be one of the rarest resources.

Hoping to make a couple gold plated seabeard dolls in case they're needed for the next update and I'd rather not use pearls to do it.

17. Doop

Doop Active Member

Apr 30, 2015
    If you complete a mini game, it will change to a different mini game the next time you sail the same route. You don't have to be successful, but you do have to complete the mini game to the end. When I'm looking for a particular mini game, I'll keep playing the game on the same route up to the 4 mini games you're allowed, then check it again in 15 minutes, and repeat as needed. I haven't noticed any particular pattern in the order they come up.

Also, if you do get the target practice mini game and know you're not going to get a perfect score, you should exit out of the mini game before reaching the end (by hitting the button on the bottom right). This will leave the same game in place and allow you to retry it if you go back to the same island.

18. cbeard

cbeard New Member

Jun 26, 2015
    thanks for the help!

19. twispby

Dec 28, 2012
    That is the most amazing tip I've heard about this game. Thank you!

20. WicCaesar

WicCaesar Member

Jul 6, 2015
    Actor, Teacher
    Rio de Janeiro
    I am new to the forums, registered just because I am in love with this game and this thread is full of good tips and information about it.