Universal Seabeard - (by Backflip Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Oct 24, 2014.

1. Doop

Doop Active Member

Apr 30, 2015
    Anybody who has found the Wolverine: Where exactly in the quarry did you spot it? For example, I found the Midnight Owl sitting on the cliff just above the cave entrance.

I'm trying to limit the scope of my daily searches for it.

2. Doop

Doop Active Member

Apr 30, 2015
    If the developers are still checking these forums here are a couple minor bugs still in the game after the latest patch.

1. When taking a photo of the chimney on your home island the in-photo description is missing and comes up with an error message and file path name instead.
    2. The house for the mining products trader is missing a symbol on the placard outside the house. Other houses show a symbol to let you know whose house it is.
    3. Since it is the waiter costume that is apparently causing graphical glitches for ios7 users, making the mini game impossible to play, can the game be changed to skip the costume change for ios7 users?

Here are 4 major annoyances.
    1. Why do animals block pathways? This is especially true on Woodcut Island. Most of the time when I try to cross the island I get a red X and have to backtrack to find which mouse or crab is sitting in a choke point blocking my progress.
    2. The same is true for pedestrians on my home island. They often come up behind me when I'm at a trader and stop to wave and get my attention. This often traps me between them and the trader so that I can't get out without restarting the game.
    3. The first gloom beetle you encounter when entering the caves below the restaurant is always causing me grief after I dispatch him. He either falls onto the mining mini game, obscuring my view during the game, or he falls half way into a wall causing his dropped item to disappear.
    4. During the whack a mole mini game, I am always seeing birds and sometimes pedestrians from the island popping up in the game obscuring the moles.

3. Gingerly23

Gingerly23 Active Member

Apr 10, 2015
    I found mine at night while raining by the observatory. I will admit, I checked multiple times the same night and finally he appeared. Have you found the missing bird yet?

4. Doop

Doop Active Member

Apr 30, 2015
    Thanks, Gingerly. Nope, I haven't found the mystery bird yet.

5. Bravd

Bravd Active Member

Feb 18, 2015
    Oh boy. I just got to where I need to complete the sliding puzzle three times at the carnival. Without one empty spot like on the pipe puzzles and the ones in the temple I'm finding them too difficult. Does anybody have any tricks they like to use that could help me out?

6. twispby

twispby Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2012
    I don't know how to explain a strategy, but I always complete the top row first and you shouldn't have to touch the top row after that. Once you work out the middle the bottom should work out at the same time. Good luck!

7. Doop

Doop Active Member

Apr 30, 2015
    Yeah, I hated those things. I even spent the pearls it took to do all three right in a row so I'd get them over with and never have to do them again.

I follow the same strategy as Twispby.

8. Bravd

Bravd Active Member

Feb 18, 2015
    Thanks guys! That's working really well for me. 2 down and 1 to go! :)

9. Fyn

Fyn Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2014
    #2129 Fyn, Jun 1, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
    Finally built all my clothing warehouses.

I'm frustrated. I sold my Yuletide Santa Mask and the Wolf Mask I won in the Remaker last month to people on my island when I ran out of room in my Swap Shop. V_V

Anyone know about how much gold worth of items you need to put into the remaker to have them have a chance to pop up? I want to collect everything, but there's so many pearl-only items it's ridiculous. Not to mention the chinese new year pearl outfits I didn't bother with. :/ They really shouldn't have made limited time pearl items. >_< I'm half tempted just to only collect the clothing items I get from quests/remaker and not bother with anything else. I do wish these clothing buildings existed BEFORE I sold the clothing I got my achievements too. :/

I'm on the beat the combat attraction 3 times quest. I'm assuming the next one is repair the metalwork academy. Almost at enough to do that. Just need 1 more damn screw. Lol.

And on a side note, my main character has the plant mask, +3 Plant Shirt, +3 Plant Mask. Fisher is Fish Mask, +2 Fish Shirt, +3 Fish Mask. Warrior is Monster Mask, +2 Monster Shirt, +3 Monster Mask. Archaeologist is just random stuff as I can't have her on my crew full time at the moment.

However, I want to get all 10 points for the mining, but can't figure out how. Is the only way to get the +3 Shirt, the +2 Goggles, then get a +3 Crown, and then either get the +2 Goggles on another crew member or the +3 Pet Hat? :/ Is the only +3 Helm for mining for crew members really 150 pearls? >_<

EDIT: You know, I REALLLLLLLY hate that they added the clothing storage houses AFTER they ended Chinese New Year. I missed not only the Dragon Heads (which should never have cost pearls. >_>), but also the Rural Clothing. V_V I didn't have enough room prior to this update to keep clothes that I didn't need. :/ I had a use for 1 set of fish clothes and 1 set of monster clothes. I didn't need 2 sets of fish clothes.

10. Gingerly23

Gingerly23 Active Member

Apr 10, 2015
    Venting- a few day ago I completed a smuggling quest on Woodcut Isle, but failed to go back and collect the earned coins. Now I have a quest that's completed and checked off on my list, but no sign of Chuck Piltdown to complete the quest. 4 days and still waiting... Really?

11. Bravd

Bravd Active Member

Feb 18, 2015
    That happened to me with Dale Whatshisname on woodcut isle. He was missing for around a week before he showed back up. By that time I was at about 28/2 for selling things at my woodwork stall. :p

12. Gingerly23

Gingerly23 Active Member

Apr 10, 2015
    And guess who showed up the next morning? lol! I know better than to leave quests in limbo- but life does go on around me and sometimes I have to join in! ;)

13. Gingerly23

Gingerly23 Active Member

Apr 10, 2015
    #2133 Gingerly23, Jun 3, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
    FYN, I hate to sound cliche, but you have to let it go. My best advice at the moment is to concentrate on one clothes/accessories house at a time. Don't use your pearls for the clothing until you have completed the current quests. Use your pearls for those hard to get supplies needed instead, like the screw you mentioned. Then spend those pearls on your missing clothing etc..

Right now I'm working on the hats house. I buy whatever hats I can daily and fish to cover the expense. I always have a supply of 250-300 pearls and 30k coins. That way I can complete the quests kind of quickly and still feel like I have enough pearls/coins to progress further or get me out of a jam. (Like getting those darn screws- I've never won one!)

This way may not be the best, and others may have better ideas, but this is what works for me, and keeps my sanity! Lol!

14. rockyram

rockyram Member

Jan 23, 2015
    This may be a dumb question but here goes. How do you mine? I hired the miner, tried mining on the practice piece on Ironblack city and passed the test but when I try and mine in the caves I get nothing. I've been in the caves at Abundore Quarry and Dorado mines and haven't come away with anything. Is it a hit and miss thing? Do I need the Archeologist with me? I dropped her to make room for the miner.

15. Doop

Doop Active Member

Apr 30, 2015
    #2135 Doop, Jun 3, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
    I'll be very specific here just to make sure you are not making an incorrect assumption about how the mining mini game works. You have a limited time to tap each of the blank blocks that do not have an ore piece in them. You'll have to spin the block to find all the blank pieces. If the blocks begin shaking, time is in danger of running out.

If you have successfully completely mined the block you should see a sparkling animation. Then an ore will appear as an item in your inventory. You will always get an ore piece if you are successful.

If the block suddenly begins disappearing on its own then you have accidentally tapped an ore section and failed the mini game. Try again later when it respawns.

My suggestion is to always start from the top and work down. Falling blocks can obscure an ore piece behind them and cause you to accidentally tap one.

Good luck!

16. rockyram

rockyram Member

Jan 23, 2015
    Thanks! Now I understand. I guess you have to be pretty quick.

17. twispby

twispby Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2012
    I would add that, in my experience, the game tends to make whatever item you currently need on a quest nearly impossible to get. Great way to drive up pearl purchases. So if you need a screw for a quest item, or construction... Good freaking luck. I find it's better to keep a couple of every item in your warehouse so the game can't item starve you.

18. Sevallis

Sevallis Active Member

Nov 16, 2013
    Male
    Can someone please share the materials necessary for the Carnival slider puzzle repair? I have been stuck looking for the beaver in the evenings during rain for the last two weeks and I want to save up items in the meantime. If there is anything else that needs repair after that, please share the materials! Thank you!

19. Fyn

Fyn Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2014
    #2139 Fyn, Jun 5, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2015
    Copy Pasted from the Seabeard thread on Mojo-Farm. (Posted by me there) These are just the new update quests: The one you're looking for in particular is listed under what I labeled Side Storyline #1.

Main Storyline:

Get a Tropical Punch
    *Unlocks 3 new Islands*
    Give Tropical Punch (The previous quest does not remove it, so it's the same one)
    Give 1 Toy Unicorn, 1 Combotant Toy, 1 Monster Doll (Crafted on Woodcutt Isle)
    Give Doza Goat Milk (Goats Require Carrot to feed)
    Deliver Doza Leaflets to Larona Villagers (After this quest, people will appear on the Quarry Island at the campground)
    Buy Doza Disguise from Disguiso (Weird rock in Larona Village, costs 500 coins)
    Speak to Geodo (Requires wearing Doza Disguise to get past guard)
    Learn to make Power Shake (from Chef in the Quarry, requires finishing Side Storyline #2)
    Give Power Shake (Requires 2x Grog, 2x Doza Grog, 2x Orefish, recipe costs like 1600 gold or something, wasn't paying attention)
    Give Rocking Chair (80 coins at Woodcut Isle)
    Give photo of Dr. Cornelius
    Give photo of Emelia Quickblade
    Defeat 10 Gloom Beetles. (X_X That'll take days)
    Repair Gate of Friendship (unlocks Metalworking area on main island) - Requires 3x Rockdust Plank, 3x Camouflage Paint, 2x Ore Cake, 7000 coins. 24 Hours.
    Build 4th Crew House (5500g for blueprint. Requires 2x Ore Cake, 2x Weirdwood Plank, 2x Orange Paint) - 24 Hours
    Hire Miner (800 Gold, Need Room on Boat)
    Mine Practice Rock (outside the room)
    Have 3 Iron Ore
    Learn to Make Iron Bar (700 gold, unlocks Forge)
    Craft 3 Iron Bars
    Help Repair Carnival Rock (Completes "Learn Metalworking" in Side Storyline #1, Requires Completing Side Storyline #1 to Continue)
    Beat Monster Whacking Attraction 3 Times (Naturally, AFTER I beat it for today... lol)
    Beat Sliding Picture Carnival Activity 3 Times (...again, AFTER I beat it for the day X_X. I'm not touching the warrior one next time til after I turn this one in. xD)
    Give Carnival Toy Elephant (15 Carnival Tickets in the Carnival Island Tent)
    Help Alistair McCubbin on Fynlantis (Complete Side Storyline #4)
    Mine 25 Blocks (IS Retroactive)
    Repair Metalwork Academy (Metalwork Plaque [Given], Iron-Crusted Rock Cake x2, Rockdust Plank x2, Camouflage Paint x2, Screw x2, 10000 gold) - 48 Hours.
    Have 1 Bronze Bar
    **Main Storyline Complete** (For Now)

Side Storyline #1: (Carnival Island)

Give Leather Sofa (bought from woodcutt isle for 330 coins)
    Bring 2 Golden Pike, 2 Vulturefish, 2 Archeonfish (Vulturefish will be hard :/)
    Bring 2 Dark Gnome Hand, 2 Rock Golem Piece, 2 Monster Beetle Antennae (Quest text says 3 but only requires 2)
    Repair Monster Wacking Game (Requires 2x Weirdwood Sawdust, 2x Orange Paint, 2x Orefish [still yet to find a single one] and 6000 gold) 24 Hours.
    Learn Metal Forging from Geodo (Advance Main Storyline to after "Craft 3 Iron Bar")
    Give Photo of Beaver :)/)
    Repair Sliding Picture Attracton (2x Iron Bar, 2x Rockdust Plank, 2x Screw, 7000 gold) - 24 Hours.
    Repair Combat Challenge Attraction (2x Ironbound Weirdwood, 2x Orecake, 2x Camouflage Paint, 8000 gold) - 24 Hours.
    Give Warrior Statue, Skull Statue, Cow Statue
    Give 3 Scaretue (Completing this will cause confetti to start raining down on Carnival Rock all the time)
    **Side Storyline #1 Complete**

Side Storyline #2: (On the Restaurant at the Quarry)

Defeat 6 Gloom Beetles (Only 3 per spawn, so it'll take 2 shifts)
    Give 2 Rockdust Plank
    Give Omelette
    Give photo of Gabriel Flambe
    Complete 3 Smuggling Quests
    Give 3 Striped Chicken Egg, 2 Flour, 2 Sea Salt
    Give 1 Rubyfish, 1 Golden Pike, 1 Stonefish, 1 Emerald Chub, 1 Archeonfish, 1 Vulturefish, 1 Electric Trout
    Give 6 Gloom Beetle Antennaes (Really? REALLY? :/)
    Give 3 Rock Golem Pieces and 3 Dark Gnome Hands
    Give 1 Walrus Statue, 1 Warrior Statue, 1 Skull Statue (....REALLY NOW?)
    Give Grog
    Know 14 Cooking Recipes (Oh my goodness gracious, that's literally every recipe)
    Give Strawberry Cake
    Give Fish Chowder
    Give Tropical Pie
    Learn Flambe Signature Dish (Requires Side Storyline #3)
    *after completing Side Storyline #3*
    Give Flambe Signature Dish (3x Black Goosefruit, 2x Mashed Pumpkin, 3x Doza Goat Milk)
    **Side Storyline #2 Complete**

Side Storyline #3 (Larona Restaurant after reaching Learn Flambe Signature Dish quest)

Give 3 Doza Chicken Eggs
    Give 3 Doza Goat Milk
    Give 2 Asparagus, 2 Ginger, 2 Black Goosefruit
    Learn to make Mashed Pumpkin at Bullhorn Windmill
    Give Mashed Pumpkin
    *Unlocks Flambe Signature Dish from Flambe* Costs 1300 gold to learn.
    **Side Storyline #3 Complete**

Side Storyline #4 (on main island)
    Build Metalworking Stall (4500g)
    Have 6 Crew Houses (6th Requires: 2x Reinforced Woodwork, 2x Orecake, 2x Camouflage Cake, and the Blueprint is 6000g)
    Hire Metalworking Vendor (1500g)
    Supply Metalworking Stall 2 Times
    **Side Storyline #4 Complete**

---

Something I need to know:

Can you buy the NEW Pet clothes for your OLD pets, or can they only be worn by the new pets like most of the new clothes can only be worn by your miner? Like if I buy a cat, can it wear the +3 mining pet hat?

20. Doop

Doop Active Member

Apr 30, 2015
    Great post, Fyn.

I don't know about the miner hat specifically, but I just took my dog over to the Doza pet store and he can wear anything currently in stock.