Universal Seabeard - (by Backflip Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Oct 24, 2014.

1. nicodemus82

nicodemus82 Well-Known Member

It's at night I was talking about. Only guy in there was the one who wanted a rock cake. Now all he says is "nice one". There's no other quest givers appearing... Don't say the game's bugged out on me. I'll be pretty annoyed after getting this far.

2. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    How much does the food selling person cost? I almost have a house for her.

3. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Still trying to get there myself, I need the tomato to make the paint but it says tomorrow I can get them.

I do like the game and yes it could have been much more enjoyable but we will see how things open up in the future. The bag is too small and ship energy too low or should be removed are my main problems. I don't see why they can't be if the others timers are left?

Things feel more rewarding when you actually achive them due to the time it takes but not all of us can log on every hour to spend energy so I get a chance to play then I'm busy for the next 8 hours before I get another go. But as I just said the bag space really ruins it for me considering all the different types of items and that's just at the start of the game!! Never mind later on

4. chaos_envoys

chaos_envoys Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    How about making a seperate premium app with no iap and offline compability? IMHO that's the best for both worlds

5. vitalicboi

vitalicboi Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2014
    Game Impressions

I'd like to see a change in the wait times for sailing energy. The standard in most apps is only 5 minutes. I think we should all start with 5 energy and 5 minute recharge wait times. Then when we upgrade to a new ship, we should get 5 additional energy for each upgrade. The first ship gives our 5 energy, the lvl 5 ships gives 10, lvl 8 ship give 15, etc.

6. Nirakk

Nirakk Active Member

Mar 7, 2010
    I believe it was 250, if I remember correctly.

7. Nirakk

Nirakk Active Member

Mar 7, 2010
    After hiring the food seller, the small bag isn't a problem anymore (I upgraded once). At least not to me. I also have a feeling there's progress in the amount of things to do and time to spend on an island.
    I was hoping to sell other stuff than furniture and clothing in my trade shop, to help each other out. But I guess these items will play a bigger role later, when we are further in the game.

I want to thank the devs for all the love they put in this game. Best iOS-game to feed my Animal Crossing and Harvest Moon hunger and yet so unique.

8. vitalicboi

Mar 25, 2014
    Camera

So has anyone found the unlockable camera? I want to join the B.E.A.K.S. Or has anyone figured out what the pets skill is? They can be levelled so I think they have a special skill.

9. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    I have to paint the reader house red? You've got to be kidding me.

10. vitalicboi

Mar 25, 2014
    #190 vitalicboi, Oct 29, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2014
    Its just a colour of paint. All the houses become the same colour anyways. As of now you can't change the colours yet.

11. vitalicboi

Mar 25, 2014
    Your game isn't bugged. You have to do a ton of quests to unlock the fighter. It will take quite some time. The second you do, you will be so happy haha. Then you can explore the cave areas on the one island. Not much their right now.

12. illjc

illjc Member

Dec 28, 2012
    I think it's random, I took a quest from him and when I went back he wasn't there but he was the next night. He's not the only person who can provide a smuggling quest though, you can pick one up at the farm and woodcutters Isle sometimes.

13. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Yeah, except it costs 125 damn coins to buy the recipe for it, plus I need to pay the farmer to pick tomatoes.

14. ruphio

ruphio Member

May 8, 2012
    Game Impressions

I love the game so far. Definitely needs shorter boat energy timer and harsh inventory space limit is obnoxious! It's way to expensive to upgrade inventory space and I haven't come across a way to do it yet that doesn't include shelling out cold hard cash. Otherwise, it is a fantastic and deep game that keeps you coming back. Also, the true day/night cycling is a cool aspect.

15. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Once you get a warehouse the small inventory becomes less of an annoyance. I feel like I must be just about to unlock the warrior though and I've yet to come across any way to increase the energy of my boat. Perhaps that's what boat upgrades are for? There is a shop where you can buy different ones, but I'm too low level right now.

16. cofunguy

cofunguy Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2012
    Is this coming out tonite or not?

17. vitalicboi

Mar 25, 2014
    I upgraded my boat. Does not effect your energy levels.

18. vitalicboi

Mar 25, 2014
    H8 this taxi quest!

I have to transport 3 people to other island. Great, that would be nice if people actually went to that taxi booth. It's always empty.

19. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    You and I are probably really close to one another. I feel like I must be close to unlocking the warrior as well. That with keeps on giving me chores to do.. just let me fight already!

I was temped to do the warehouse before the third trade house, but i opted for the house instead, then had to buy a recipe for a quest.

Next warehouse I guess. gotta start fishing again!

20. illjc

illjc Member

Dec 28, 2012
    This warrior woman is doing my head in, does anyone know if there is a lot to do after getting the pancake recipe before getting a fighter?