Universal Sdorica -sunset- (by Rayark)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by nyanpass, Apr 19, 2018.

1. Mobile Suit Labour

Dec 4, 2017
    What about Apple TV?

2. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Me too. Tried it a few times, and it’s not going to my spam....

Got to admit I’m not that bothered, I’ve loved everything they’ve done up until now but this really isn’t grabbing me at all. Looks good, sounds good but I’m just finding it a bit boring really. Shame, I was looking forward to this.

3. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

Started a new account, you’re right it’s meh, it’s not bad, but not exciting, but good. What bothers me is the constant loading of screens, painfully slow.

4. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
    It seems that work was paralyzed by too many users.

If you look at the official Facebook page below, Rayark is commenting on a similar issue. Maybe it would be helpful to check and contact them again.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=908045042733401&id=477935145744395&__tn__=%2As%2As-R

And that there will be additional rewards for these inconveniences.

Will be solved well ...:)

5. nyanpass

Dec 30, 2017
    The illustrations that Rayark game characters celebrate the launch of this game, Sdorica, are released on official Twitter sites. :p

Although it was quiet in TA, Cytus II is great. LOL. :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Hmmm it's weird but I have played this game before. I can't recall when. I remember this because of the unique way in battling.

7. Hymnlocke

Hymnlocke Member

Feb 28, 2018
    Seems like the loading and lag issues are resolved. Now runs same speed as any other online gatcha

It hasn’t forced my wallet open like most, which is good. It does feel slower but not at all bad and it is easily one of the best looking of the genre

Also don’t be fooled into thinking that there is no strategy; once you get into character resonance, advisor skills, armor, true damage, orb holding patterns between rounds, etc it makes kings raid feel like flappy bird.

8. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    The presentation on this game is so beautiful that I really want to like it, and the I loved implosion so much that I want to support this company, but I'm not finding the combat very fun.

With only two rows, I often find myself frustrated with the choices I have in combat.

Before I shut the game off I checked out the character info sheets and saw a better explanation of how the different attacks work. That helps to make it a little more strategic. I wish there was a diagonal, even if it was only 1.5x strength.

I appreciate that they tried to bring the free to play mechanics into the story with the bequethers and everything. But even when these mechanics are done probably as right as I will ever see, I'd rather finish legend of grimlock.

I might give it one more try, I hear the servers are performing better now. Maybe the story will get interesting.

9. Hymnlocke

Hymnlocke Member

Feb 28, 2018
    Also, when you get a new character from the gatcha, click “character story “ while on their roster page. You go to a special set of story quests for them that teaches you how to use them and gives you their upgrade materials

What’s funny is it’s very simple puzzling for the tactical aspect but most gatcha has zero tactical gameplay so it’s ahead there. Still liking it though it hasn’t broken me away from dffoo yet

10. idislikejordan

idislikejordan Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2018
    Little late to the party, but wow do I really like this game. First 19 minutes here. The art, music and animation all combine together to create a unique experience. And the actual writing is good and filled with humour undertones but not to the point that it feels cheesy. Gonna dig some more into this game. Rayark honestly is up there with AppSir for me as favorite devs.

11. LinC

LinC Member

Dec 31, 2017
    #31 LinC, Apr 23, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
    Having trouble with "nightfall" event medium difficulty. Event says "level 20" on it, so I went in with level 23's (highest level I could raise since watcher is 23), including a Dagger since enemies have tons of shield, and got completely wrecked. Enemies have twice as much HP and attack power as my units, and 100% stun rate even against shielded units (wtf?). Stood no chance despite taking full advantage of chains/taunts/shield. 90% of the time everyone is stun-locked so the shield guy in the front is completely useless.

- Go in and use Angelia's shield buff to chain the shield guy's own buff twice
    - Enemy boulder thing #1 attacks and stuns shield guy
    - Enemy boulder thing #1 attacks and stuns my 2nd unit (usually Dagger)
    - Enemy boulder thing #1 attacks and stuns Angelia
    - Pretty much game over right there since my units end up with like 10 stacks of stun

Is this the first sign of a pay2win game? Which starter unit even has stun immunity or can remove debuffs?

Also, what's with the rigged gacha in this game? There are only like what, 30 heroes? I spent 25+ tickets to roll a hero, and I didn't get ANYTHING other than Angelia, Koll, Puggi and Jahan. Really? You're telling me that these heroes have like a 90% chance to spawn while the 20+ other heroes have a 1% chance?? I've played some gacha hero collecting f2p games in the past but this game just brings bullshit RNG to a whole new level.

12. Hymnlocke

Hymnlocke Member

Feb 28, 2018
    Been playing more and I can tell 2 things

1) this game will never be super popular because it lacks easy grind gameplay and ample bosomy waifu bait

2) this game is an awesome gatcha grinder that will dark souls your nether regions

It’s so pretty and exceptionally well orchestrated as the admittedly kindergarten puzzle mechanic later requires a kind of master Go player forethought and strategy.

I do hate that a “level 20 quest” means either “pretty hard for a level 20 group” or “completely numericaly impossible” and you can’t tell which. And that improving and upgrading characters is badly explained and makes no sense. But it’s an animated storybook gatcha character collection game that is completely worth playing

13. nyanpass

Dec 30, 2017
    #33 nyanpass, Apr 29, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
  14. nyanpass

Dec 30, 2017
  15. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Really surprised there isn’t more discussion about this here. Not only is Sdorica gorgeous, but it is mechanically one of the best puzzle RPGs out there, especially once you get a bit further into the game. Plus, for a gacha game, there are no energy timers, you don’t need to have specific characters to progress (unless you want to be at the top level of competition in trials) so it is perfectly playable without spending, and there are some reasonably priced IAPs if you are inclined to spend a bit.

16. ThirdMoon

ThirdMoon Well-Known Member

May 21, 2014
    I agree. Played a lot since launch, and really enjoy the tactical side as well as the looks of the game. The writing is also much better than many games, with some interesting characters and plots. The freemium elements are reasonable, with no energy timers and the main cash sink just a gatcha to unlock and evolve characters faster. While I bought one IAP, it was more to support the game than because it was needed.

If you are undecided, maybe download it so you can at least get the limited time launch login rewards. There was also a large premium currency giveaway today, but I don’t know if new players will get that.

Recommended if you like the sound of a short session tactical/puzzle game with a fantasy aesthetic.

17. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    They won’t, but there’s a different promo for them on hitting lvl 15, including crystals and bookmarks

18. Hymnlocke

Hymnlocke Member

Feb 28, 2018
    As the above posters mentioned, this game should absolutely be more talked about than it is. The art direction, soundtrack, storyline, character interaction, and mechanics are all excellent. I do understand the complaints however but I’d recommend the following:

1) “the story is dumb and it’s just basic anime nonsense” : it’s a good idea to play through chapter 2 of the story. The first chapter can be annoying because of the anime tropes but ch2 brings in some new and interesting world building flavor and it quickly becomes addicting. Ch3 has some serious moments and really grabbed me.

2) “the puzzle mechanics are too simple / boring” : this is not a puzzle game; it’s a character collection gatcha with a puzzle interface. The entire point of the game is to find characters with ability and passive effect synergy then plan and manipulate the board to capitalize on it. Think of the orbs as “mana” not a puzzle

3) “the attacks are dumb / boring / not flashy“ : when characters first start out they only do basic attacks and effects. As they become higher tier the effects and attacks get more grand until the top level which is full of screen wide anime super flashy explosions and swords. Try out a round in the”dances with heroes” daily event to see what a character feels like at top level

4) “there’s no pvp” : thank god. The community is better for it as other gatcha games become a meta game flame war dumpster fire with impossible balancing challenge. Every unit in Sdorica can be useful either on the main team or as a passive effect supporter

Give it a try. The story alone would have made a great rpg

19. nyanpass

Dec 30, 2017
    Yeah. These decent games, which have recently emerged, bring about reflection on existing P2W games. Such a great game has to be successful, and it will bring positive changes to the mobile game market in the future.

20. Hymnlocke

Hymnlocke Member

Feb 28, 2018
    #40 Hymnlocke, May 9, 2018
    Last edited: May 9, 2018
    Exactly. Support the change you want to see.

I’d love backstory on the global release also. The translation seems odd in places (“try experiencing the power of the new hero” / “million infuse” / etc) yet someone on the translation team knows enough to make a lot of jokes (one of the martial artists has a passive called “notice me sensei” for example) and there are numerous pop culture nods or double entendres only a native speaker could think of