Universal Scurvy Scallywags - (by Beep Games, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jun 5, 2013.

1. Tango

Tango Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2010
    Have you tried hitting the options button (gear) and using the restore purchases button? I successfully recovered my doubler purchase to my iPad doing it this way.

2. Tango

Tango Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2010
    There are two activated abilities you can use that may help with this. They do not equip by default. One is a Gold to Swords ability and the other allows you to escape battle (I believe it drops you out to the map). I just hit level 10 but will let you know if I see the same thing as I get to 11.

3. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Ive seen that achievement and wondered how could I do it. Thanks for the info

4. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    LOL!

I was actually asking the opposite. What did I do wrong to score that achievement? Because I cleared the island...

5. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I assume it just means you missed a spot as it is quite possible to go to the end encounter before clearing every possible site. Once you hit that encounter with the big finger pointing, there is no going back to checking out sites you might have skipped over. If you're positive you hit everything maybe it's a bug. I think I've had at least one case with a Treasure spot (one of those "x" spots) that I could clearly see on the map but it never became a selectable spot (perhaps it was just meant as background filler and not an actual site).

6. ruphio

ruphio Member

May 8, 2012
    I've been excited for this game for awhile now - and man is it even better than I thought it would be. Hands down the best match 3 I've played - I love match 3's and I've played them all. It is the first of this genre to FINALLY redefine how the game should be played. It's got great character, graphics, and an actually creative and relevant story (which is pretty hard to do in a match 3) --- but the most amazing part of it, is the actual gameplay that is so much more than the usual formula. From the movement of the pieces, to the puzzle elements, to the hero fighting, to the fact that there are MANY different pieces depending on what level you are on - all of which give this game insane character!! I absolutely love it and haven't been able to put my phone down for the past 36 hours

7. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Not a fan of match 3 but loving this one. But picked this up due to all the positive comments..and love the charm and the varity of the game. I found 10000000 to be too difficult for me due to the timer..but this game I can just take my time. As everyone mentioned also, I love how its not just hour basic match 3. i actually need to my my guy around and stuff. Fun game!

8. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    #128 y2kmp3, Jun 7, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2013
    I am sure that I did not miss a spot.

Please post here if you ever come across this as well.

I guess the silver lining is that you get an achievement out of this. Bugs me though.

Also, is there an explanation of exactly how the power, damage, and other stats work? In practice, I can't tell at all what is working where.

9. FraggleJP

FraggleJP Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    I mentioned it once earlier, but its gotten worse!
    I can only play this with the music off now..

Still possibly my favourite game of the year so far though!

10. jamarohn

jamarohn Active Member

May 18, 2012
    Yep.

Go to your Settings (the iOS Settings, not the one in the game), scroll down to Scurvy Scallywags. Game data and cloud storage settings there.

Cheers!

11. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    #131 TheFrost, Jun 7, 2013
    Your post actually helped me a lot. I was going mad trying to figure it out :p

Edit:Better rephrased.

12. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
  13. Biggavelli

Biggavelli Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2011
    Boston,MA
    This is every bit deserving of its 5 star rating.Great game

14. Card

Card Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    Toronto Canada
    Bought. Looking forward to playing it this weekend.

15. dclose

dclose Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    It must be a bug, because I had the same thing happen on the same island, and I made absolutely sure I had cleared the entire island before going to the "pointing finger". I also got the "didn't clear the island" achievement upon finishing.

16. Eoghann

Eoghann Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    IT Guy/Graphic Designer/Gamer
    New York
    Did you use the power up that boots you back to the island? Coz I chickened out from a game (level 21 enemy, I was level 10) so instead of losing a heart, warped back to the island and the spot I was playing on was greyed out, so I had to move on to another spot. I haven't gotten that achievement yet coz I'm halfway through the island. But sounds to be like that could be a probable cause for your situation.

17. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I've figured out a couple:

Crit: Chance to do a big damage hit once you get into a slugfest. This can result in you coming out of the combat barely damaged.

Dodge: Chance to completely avoid combat when a baddy attacks your character (when you don't immediately move away after the warning while adjacent to a baddy).

Power: Your starting power when the level starts.

Gold: Multiplier of gold found in game (goes to 200+ if you buy the coin doubler).

18. Zevious Zoquis

Zevious Zoquis Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    I was already tempted y this game and the TA review put me over the edge. Bought.

Only played one round but its already apparent that this is a super polished game. Its really sharp looking and very engaging...just have to figure out what the heck is going on and I'll be set! :D

19. Claytoonz

Claytoonz Active Member

Jul 21, 2012
    #139 Claytoonz, Jun 7, 2013
    Those are correct. Crit is basically 2x damage when it happens. A lot of early players pile their points into gold. It's not a bad idea, but longer term survival will be more likely with some of the other categories. I've had both crit and dodge save my bacon more than once after I'm over level 20.

20. Claytoonz

Claytoonz Active Member

Jul 21, 2012
    Corner + Cross-Shaped Matches

Curious to know if any of you folks have been routinely making corner and cross-shaped matches with swords or gold? It's a great way to boost your power, though you have to let swords accumulate without matching them for a while -- That means keeping the monsters at a distance for a while, but it's a good way to prepare for them.